PDA

View Full Version : Help with Taudar in 7th edition.

Gharnukk
01-06-2014, 12:28
Greetings.

I have been trying to get back into 40K for a while now. Havn't played a single game in 6th edition and when I heard
a new edition was on the way I figured that it would be best to just wait for it. And I have been intrigued by the Taudar
army (Tau and Eldar). So I would like some advice on a 1850 point list. I know it is a new edition and all but I would like
to get to it as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Gonefishing
01-06-2014, 12:30
Greetings.

I have been trying to get back into 40K for a while now. Havn't played a single game in 6th edition and when I heard
a new edition was on the way I figured that it would be best to just wait for it. And I have been intrigued by the Taudar
army (Tau and Eldar). So I would like some advice on a 1850 point list. I know it is a new edition and all but I would like
to get to it as soon as possible.

Thank you.

You cant really - 7th edition shut down Taudar

hobojebus
01-06-2014, 12:30
*sigh* no.

Gharnukk
01-06-2014, 12:39
My understading is that the two armies are Allies of Convenience instead of Battle Brothers now.
But still possible to play as allies, no? Just not as powerful as in 6th edition.

Felwether
01-06-2014, 17:25
My understading is that the two armies are Allies of Convenience instead of Battle Brothers now.
But still possible to play as allies, no? Just not as powerful as in 6th edition.

You're spot on. They can still ally without any negative effects but as far as I know they can't benefit from each others blessings and they can't ride around in each others' transports.

DoctorTom
01-06-2014, 17:36
You're spot on. They can still ally without any negative effects but as far as I know they can't benefit from each others blessings and they can't ride around in each others' transports.

To be fair, though, they couldn't ride around in each others' transports in 6th ed either. The blessings was a big thing, though.

The OP might ant to consider Eldar/DE instead since they can ride in each other's vehicles now as well as the DE benefitting from having some real psykers around.

infamousme
01-06-2014, 17:53
To be fair, though, they couldn't ride around in each others' transports in 6th ed either. The blessings was a big thing, though.

The OP might ant to consider Eldar/DE instead since they can ride in each other's vehicles now as well as the DE benefitting from having some real psykers around.

And banshees benefit from taking a ride in a raider.

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2

Wolf Lord Balrog
01-06-2014, 21:03

Minimally less powerful than they were before. You can't buff each other's troops now, but they each still have their own buffing units, and the unit combinations are still good.