PDA

View Full Version : Wood elf sisters scale

Imperator64
01-06-2014, 16:36
Can anyone with glade riders and sisters of the thorn tell me if the two kits are suitable for part swapping? Ie is the scale appropriate for placing sister bodies on gladerider legs. Cheers.

Ludaman
01-06-2014, 16:45
Can anyone with glade riders and sisters of the thorn tell me if the two kits are suitable for part swapping? Ie is the scale appropriate for placing sister bodies on gladerider legs. Cheers.

It would probably be fine with a bit of green stuff

mattieice
02-06-2014, 15:19
So i just did this myself. I bought a box of wild riders and realized I had enough pieces to make a sister (minus the legs) which i'm going to have as a spellsinger riding an elven steed. Their torso is a little bigger than the glade rider torso but it's not substantially bigger. there's a little bit of overhang but it looks fine.

edit: just FYI... there's only enough hair pieces for 6 models. so if you wanted to have 5 wild riders and 5 sisters riding horses, you'll need to do some converting with the hair or just use glade guard/rider heads. also there's not enough right arms.

bigbiggles
02-06-2014, 17:25
that is what I am doing. who needs glade riders when they could be free sisters!

the staff arm and hair are also shared between kits. so you have to find a workaround for those. (green stuff the wild riders helm closed, use hair for sisters. have yet to find the best solution for the sisters arms though. some spears might work with the tips replaced.)

SpanielBear
03-06-2014, 18:17
It took some work, but I was able to make complete wild rider heads by cutting off the faces of random elf/eldar heads in my bits-box and using the Wild Rider heads as masks. Just tricky getting the dimensions right.

The right arms are harder. I wanted to use the Wild Rider torsos to make Wardancers, and ran into difficulty. I ended up removing the right arms all together in order to fit new ones on.

Speaking of which, be careful with dimensions. The Wild Rider (and maybe the sisters) torsos have a lot of waist, meaning that if you use legs that also contain a bit of waist (Sisters of Avelorn I'm looking at you!) the models end up being a head taller than the elves around them...

Ramius4
03-06-2014, 20:24
I have 10 of the metal Wild Riders that I never bothered to build the riders for. Why? Because I HATE working with metal, and those are terrible to clean and file.

I am planning on using their legs though, along with my leftover Wild Rider torsos and heads and finish off those models finally. Simple enough to find something to fill in where the hair would be, and the spear arms.