PDA

View Full Version : Citadel Vault?

tristessa
01-06-2014, 22:39
Hello all

Back from Warhammer World following their excellent Regiments of Renown event. I noticed all the 40k open day posters had the normal forgeworld, black library & warhammer world logos on, but also a new one entitled 'citadel vault'. Anyone know what this is?

eriochrome
01-06-2014, 23:14
Hello all

Back from Warhammer World following their excellent Regiments of Renown event. I noticed all the 40k open day posters had the normal forgeworld, black library & warhammer world logos on, but also a new one entitled 'citadel vault'. Anyone know what this is?

I think it is the name of the model store at warhammer world if you read the open day info it shows up as a sale stall.

TheFang
02-06-2014, 00:33
Hopefully it's the collector's series renamed and expanded out.

Bob Hunk
02-06-2014, 12:09
Could it be a new name for the Warhammer World museum?

Inquisitor Kallus
02-06-2014, 15:44
I think it is the name of the model store at warhammer world if you read the open day info it shows up as a sale stall.

It might be the old stuff they sell at tounaments, back issues and old publications etc, then name fits. It could also be the new name for the museum as Bob pointed out, Alternatively, and something thats potentially far more exciting.....

old models being re released at a higher price than standard. They could do set time periods for certain groups of models or open it up completely (quite unlikely considering the time, expenditure, effort and manpower it would need). I would love for that to be the case though

Herzlos
02-06-2014, 17:17
I doubt it's old stuff; they don't seem to keep it and barely acknowledge it exists. Most likely it's either the museum or a booth selling the direct-only stuff.

Autumn Leaves
02-06-2014, 17:22
I doubt there's any gold in that vault.

tristessa
02-06-2014, 18:45

That's still branded as a games workshop store at the moment.

I wonder if it will be an extra stall though as fw and bl will be stalls whereas the store is always there. Hoping it's an archive service - they did employ a bits manager recently.

dangerboyjim
02-06-2014, 23:54
My mind is racing ahead to a new business division that prints on demand OOP models.

I can dream can't I...

Abaraxas
03-06-2014, 00:53
My mind is racing ahead to a new business division that prints on demand OOP models.

I can dream can't I...

You and me both.

Kalidane
03-06-2014, 03:47

I can dream can't I...

With molds that no longer exist? That would be... hard.

Pretty sure they've lost the ability to produce the vast majority of their back catalogue

Ultimate Life Form
03-06-2014, 03:58
With molds that no longer exist? That would be... hard.

Pretty sure they've lost the ability to produce the vast majority of their back catalogue

They can and they will if someone offers the cash. If you have a few hundred thousand to spare just give them a call and I'm sure they'll be happy to serve you.

Kalidane
03-06-2014, 04:16
They can and they will if someone offers the cash. If you have a few hundred thousand to spare just give them a call and I'm sure they'll be happy to serve you.

lol for sure. I'd rather commission sculpts and molds myself for a reasonable price.

And that's where they are. They generally don't have the old molds nor the masters. The old stuff is gone unless re-done which wouldn't be as worthwhile as producing cool new stuff.

Luckily, back in the day, GW produced a million metal minis a month. Most of those still exist. We have ebay, clubs and forums that make picking up old stuff pretty straight forward.

deathspank
04-06-2014, 13:50
They generally don't have the old molds nor the masters.

Only 50% of this statement is true

Samsonov
08-06-2014, 09:00
Assuming GW lacked both the molds and the masters (strikes me as very unlikely) they could they not just recast them, in the manner of illegal ebay recasters, only this time around they would be legal?

theshoveller
08-06-2014, 09:34
Assuming GW lacked both the molds and the masters (strikes me as very unlikely) they could they not just recast them, in the manner of illegal ebay recasters, only this time around they would be legal?
Moulds wear out. Really old or really popular (in the day) stuff is probably gone forever.

Samsonov
08-06-2014, 10:11
Moulds wear out. Really old or really popular (in the day) stuff is probably gone forever.
Assuming molds, masters and even models are gone, could they not hop onto ebay, buy the relevant model, then recast like ebay recasters do? The difference being, they still own the copyright and probably have a bit more skill/technology for recasting.

Ultimate Life Form
08-06-2014, 10:19
That's exactly what they do. They bought Teclis on ebay, recreated the mold, recast the model and charge five times the original price for it. It's a win-win situation.

Commissar_42
12-06-2014, 00:29
That's exactly what they do. They bought Teclis on ebay, recreated the mold, recast the model and charge five times the original price for it. It's a win-win situation.
Source on this?

shelfunit.
12-06-2014, 08:09
Source on this?

I vaguely recall hearing about this as well - sadly no "source" though.

duffybear1988
12-06-2014, 08:22

I wouldn't be surprised...

DarkWarrior1981
13-06-2014, 08:44
Have you noticed, that the term 'Citadel Vault logo' is mentioned in the text next to the 40k Librarium edition?

See the text next to this picture (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-6xbm6mmcx0U/U5hc3WpUMWI/AAAAAAABGuA/SrbMvOLuB6c/s1600/WP_000059.jpg).

Herzlos
13-06-2014, 11:11
So it probably is the direct order only stuff.

Mattcrowther00
13-06-2014, 17:31
Citadel Vault is the new name for all the limited edition books - mentions this on this warhammer world link: http://warhammerworld.games-workshop.com/events-hall/our-events/warhammer40000openday/

DarkWarrior1981
13-06-2014, 18:15
Whoa, thanks for the link. I did not know, that the Knight Companion was limited edition. :shifty:

Kalidane
13-06-2014, 19:33
Only 50% of this statement is true

Please, continue.

Half-molds sent to differing disposal sites. Masters largely in private hands or just unknown.

??