PDA

View Full Version : Juggernaut Character Base Size

Ymir
01-06-2014, 23:30
I was surprised to discover that Skullcrushers have a new kind of bases thats as large as a large monster base and a cavalry base put together. But...I have a Chaos Lord on juggernaut model coming, isn't that model mounted on a normal large monster base? Would it be acceptable to make a base for it that's as big as the Skullcrusher bases, so the Lord can fit better in that unit?

Ograr
02-06-2014, 08:42
As far as I know, all recent monstrous cavalry is based on the 50x75mm bases. The Bloodcrushers I got two years ago had 50x50mm, the ones I got a few months ago 50x75 so I rebased the original ones. It stands to reason that your Chaos Lord should be on a 50x75mm base now as well, considering he's on a juggernaught.

tneva82
02-06-2014, 10:03
As far as I know, all recent monstrous cavalry is based on the 50x75mm bases. The Bloodcrushers I got two years ago had 50x50mm, the ones I got a few months ago 50x75 so I rebased the original ones. It stands to reason that your Chaos Lord should be on a 50x75mm base now as well, considering he's on a juggernaught.

But not mandatory since even by rules you are allowed use models on bases he was provided.

And the forced base changing just SUCKS. I have no idea how I'm supposed to rebase my tau broadside I got 2nd handed before new codex without ending up with broken legs and ergo needing some new way to support it stay up(with metal guns would not stay up on broken ankles).

forseer of fates
02-06-2014, 10:44
Its much better to be on the mc base, otherwise he has to sit on the end of the juggerknights all the time, I just carefully cut around my lords base and rebased him:)

Ograr
03-06-2014, 18:39
You don't have to tear him off the base. I rebased my other bloodcrushers by grabbing a piece of plastic, glueing the base on it, glueing a cavalry base behind it and using sand to cover the gap. Ten minutes work, virtually no difference to a normal base, no need to rip your model off a base.

Avian
03-06-2014, 19:58
Given the size of Jugger heads and how much they overhang the bases - wouldn't it be better to glue the extra base in front?