PDA

View Full Version : Adepta Sororitas Puzzle.

Darkspear
06-06-2014, 04:09
Sisters players may realize that many of our units are no longer on sale on GW website. However I made an interesting observation, the Celestian and Sisters Command Squad are no longer available yet the Battle Sister squad is only temporarily out of stock.

But as we know, these units essentially share the same models with the exception of the Canoness, the Battle Sisters with Bolter, the Hospialler and the Dialogus. But these 4 models are still available individually.

So my question is could the Ceslestians/Command Squad be no longer available because we are expecting a new kit finally?

Nonalyth
06-06-2014, 04:34
Adepta whats-its? I wouldn't get your hopes up, as much as I'd like to see new sisters models it seems unlikely.

NemoSD
06-06-2014, 04:59
Adepta whats-its? I wouldn't get your hopes up, as much as I'd like to see new sisters models it seems unlikely.

I think it would be hilarious if the Ork codex is not actually next, and GW has been playing us to up the surprise from a Sister book suddenly showing up. I believe the celebrations would drown out the Ork whining until a fan made battlewagon shows up in Nottingham :-p

tneva82
06-06-2014, 06:38
Well unless they have either solved their technical problem of plastifying current look(some new improvement in plastic mould technology) or radically redesign look of sisters not expecting them any time soon.

T10
06-06-2014, 07:08
A number of threads like this have cropped up over the last few months. Word has it that this is not simply a matter of GW discontinuing the items, but first and foremost due to a tighter relationship between what is currently in stock and what is being offered.

I.e.: If GW no longer has any Celestians in stock then they are no longer available in the on-line store.

You can of course make the assumption that they are out of stock because GW is discontinuing them since that is one possible explanations along with "a new batch will be/is being/has been produced and has not yet been made available".

In these situations you can do the following:

1. Panic. When you recover, pick a different option.
2. Check eBay.
3. Wait.

-T10

tneva82
06-06-2014, 07:16
A number of threads like this have cropped up over the last few months. Word has it that this is not simply a matter of GW discontinuing the items, but first and foremost due to a tighter relationship between what is currently in stock and what is being offered.

But there's states "temporarily out of stock" and "no longer available".

Large part of sisters are "no longer available".

Why have two different states if both means "temporarily out of stock"? Surely even GW can't be THAT stupid as to have two different states, randomly slap them and have some "no longer available" really mean no longer available(I doubt you can buy the old ork codex anymore ever from GW) and some mean that they are out of stock and will come back soon?

That would be plain silly, confusing and expensive for GW as well. Never heard GW being interested in throwing money away for fun.

Dr Zoidberg
06-06-2014, 07:36
Why keep things that are marked 'No longer available' up on the webstore at all? If you don't plan on returning them to sale, why even draw attention to the fact?

Mauler
06-06-2014, 09:10
I think it would be hilarious if the Ork codex is not actually next, and GW has been playing us to up the surprise from a Sister book suddenly showing up. I believe the celebrations would drown out the Ork whining until a fan made battlewagon shows up in Nottingham :-p

Haha!! They can park it up next to the Rhino in the car park.

Chem-Dog
06-06-2014, 09:41
So my question is could the Ceslestians/Command Squad be no longer available because we are expecting a new kit finally?

Nah. This has been happening to metal range models gradually over the last couple of years, at one point you could watch models drop off the website on an almost daily basis, I missed out on a Griff Oberwald simply because I was waiting for money to clear in the bank.

Not saying that SOB's won't get their time to shine, just saying that the gradual disappearance of metals combined with the new website's way of doing things don't add up to a whole lot of anything, you're better off waiting for one of Darnok's little birds to start chirping if you want indication of new stuff on the horizon.

A.T.
06-06-2014, 09:46
No puzzle - the celestians and command squad are no longer available because the 'flamer 1' model is discontinued. Similarly the retributors are not available because that particular sister superior has also been canned.

Battle sisters are just out of stock until they are recast - GW have cut the model line back and are only recasting a limited selection of them now.

AndrewGPaul
06-06-2014, 11:05
If you have an old enough catalogue that lists the individual item codes, you could look and see if the items which are no longer available all come from the same moulds. The old product codes were something like 1234567879/01, where the bit before the slash was a mould ID and the number after was the individual part.

Which doesn't explain why they don't just remove the out-of-production items, or change the contents of the squad packs. There are still Sisters Superior and a flamer-wielding model available, after all.

A.T.
06-06-2014, 11:32
If you have an old enough catalogue that lists the individual item codes, you could look and see if the items which are no longer available all come from the same moulds. The old product codes were something like 1234567879/01, where the bit before the slash was a mould ID and the number after was the individual part.The only product codes i've seen for the sisters have been single numbers. The missing flamer and melta are from the 2004 range as are two of the superiors and three seraphim, while the third missing superior and two other seraphim are from 1997. The discontinued priest models are also equally split between the 2004 and 1997 ranges.

All metal sisters prefixed with 99060108XXX
Missing superiors: -086, -087, -088 (-084 and -085 remain)
Missing specials: -098, -100 (-096, 0-97, -099, and 101 remain)

Wesser
06-06-2014, 11:34
I thought it was pretty much confirmed that book and models for Sisters have been complete for some time, but that Darnok has conspired to them back to keep speculation threads on Warseer going?

Spiney Norman
06-06-2014, 11:50
I thought it was pretty much confirmed that book and models for Sisters have been complete for some time, but that Darnok has conspired to them back to keep speculation threads on Warseer going?

Yep, and another popular rumour says that GW has already released a complete plastic range for SoB, but only on a very small island in the South Pacific that does not have internet access as a trial to see if it would sell...

In some Mirror universe sisters of battle are the space marines of their reality...

A.T.
06-06-2014, 12:02
I thought it was pretty much confirmed that book and models for Sisters have been complete for some timeThose rumours must date back to 5th edition at least.

Sisters are always rumoured to be out for next year, they have been for years now.

On the flip side they have also been rumoured as being the chop every year for the past few years and are still around, if with a reduced range and extremely limited standing stock levels. The entire combined sororitas and ecclesiarchy range (discounting forgeworld but including the conclave) runs to 64 fixed-pose models and rhino variants, of which 23 are permanently discontinued and ~20 are currently out of stock.

hobojebus
06-06-2014, 12:06
I'd like to hope they arnt being squared I always liked sisters but it all depends on the financials, if things improve they might get a release but if things stay the same or get worse I don't think they'll take the chance.

Sisters never sold that well because it was an all metal range that was expensive even back in 2nd ed, I think if we'd had plastics they'd of been popular but when your paying 50 for one squad your never going to get high sales.

The lack of an update for their digital codex when there is no new codex on the horizon is worrying.

baransiege
06-06-2014, 13:24
Sisters players may realize that many of our units are no longer on sale on GW website. However I made an interesting observation, the Celestian and Sisters Command Squad are no longer available yet the Battle Sister squad is only temporarily out of stock.

But as we know, these units essentially share the same models with the exception of the Canoness, the Battle Sisters with Bolter, the Hospialler and the Dialogus. But these 4 models are still available individually.

It's because The Sister Superiors in those particular 1-Click Collections are "No Longer Available".

Sotek
06-06-2014, 13:27
I wish they'd hurry up. They AS are the only other army I'd consider due to the IMMENSE AMOUNT OF FIRE AND TEMPLATE WEAPONS which I need as my 'to-hit' rolls are terribad.