PDA

View Full Version : Asrai 1500

GuroG
06-06-2014, 16:27
Going to be playing against my mates tomb kings never played v TKs before

So here goes folks what do you reckon to this?

+++ Asrai (1496pts) +++
+++ 1500pt Wood Elves 8th Ed Roster (Standard)) +++

Selections:

Wood Elves 8th Ed (Standard) Selections:

+ Lords + (235pts)

* Spellweaver (235pts)
(BRB) Talisman of Preservation, Asrai Longbow, High Magic

+ Heroes + (220pts)

* Spellsinger (110pts)
(BRB) Dispel Scroll, Asrai Longbow, Lore of Shadow

* Waystalker (110pts)
(AB) The Bow of Loren

+ Core + (378pts)

* Eternal Guard (198pts)
Champion, Musician, Standard Bearer
* 14x Eternal Guard
14x Shields

* Glade Guard (180pts)
* 12x Glade Guard
12x Trueflight Arrows

+ Special + (463pts)

* Deepwood Scouts (112pts)
* 7x Deepwood Scouts
7x Hagbane Tips

* Warhawk Riders (135pts)
3x Warhawk Riders

* Wild Riders (216pts)
Musician, Standard Bearer
* 7x Wild Riders
7x Shields

+ Rare + (200pts)

* Waywatchers (100pts)
5x Waywatchers

* Waywatchers (100pts)
5x Waywatchers

Luck - Courage - Skill!

King Arthur
06-06-2014, 17:37
Why haven't you given your level 3 level 4? I feel especially how squishy they are 14 eternal guard for a combat block is tiny. Often scouts are batter naked just from experience. You also have alot of scouting units do you need them all glade guards are cheaper and allow for more of a bunker for your heroes. Just mentioning what is each unit trying to achieve and you can change accordingly for example in my wood elf list I have a 30 strong unit of glade guard with hagbane tips they are a good anvil and a good bunker for my level 4. Thats my piece King Arthur

GuroG
06-06-2014, 17:54
Why haven't you given your level 3 level 4? I feel especially how squishy they are 14 eternal guard for a combat block is tiny. Often scouts are batter naked just from experience. You also have alot of scouting units do you need them all glade guards are cheaper and allow for more of a bunker for your heroes. Just mentioning what is each unit trying to achieve and you can change accordingly for example in my wood elf list I have a 30 strong unit of glade guard with hagbane tips they are a good anvil and a good bunker for my level 4. Thats my piece King Arthur

If I lose the scouts & just up the GG & EG, been thinking about BSB as it's TKs there's going to be lots of fear causing stuff most likely

Luck - Courage - Skill!

King Arthur
06-06-2014, 21:35
Yeh what you thinking about the wood (type) and the reasoning between having high magic and other lores? Defiantly sounds better you could transfer to hagbane onto your glade guard instead dunno I have fielded both against a variety of armies and poisoned is generally better. WHy have tow wizards at such a small points you have spent a large proportion on them especially as they are both easyish to kill especially in such small units oh and lvl 4 is always a worthwhile investment.

Gustav Kohn
07-06-2014, 00:03
I disagree with naked scouts and with GG being better. For one point more you get the ability to march & shoot as well as get out of danger. Completely worth it.

GuroG
07-06-2014, 00:06
Yeh what you thinking about the wood (type) and the reasoning between having high magic and other lores? Defiantly sounds better you could transfer to hagbane onto your glade guard instead dunno I have fielded both against a variety of armies and poisoned is generally better. WHy have tow wizards at such a small points you have spent a large proportion on them especially as they are both easyish to kill especially in such small units oh and lvl 4 is always a worthwhile investment.

Thought I'd give high magic a go, I normally go with life/shadow/dark magic.

TBH I've already thought of binning the level 1 for some more bodies.

As for the type of woods I've used a few but haven't found one that really grabs me, you?

Luck - Courage - Skill!

GuroG
07-06-2014, 00:07
Normally play around 2-2.5k so this little list is proving a nice little change as well!

Luck - Courage - Skill!

King Arthur
07-06-2014, 15:12
I disagree with naked scouts and with GG being better. For one point more you get the ability to march & shoot as well as get out of danger. Completely worth it. I totally agree its just he already had two units of scouts in his army and in this list espcially since he really only has a couple of units to put heroes in they are probably better, in my lists I always run at least two units of 5 scouts. Buy the way I think unless you have wildwood rangers the venon thicket is amazing meaning they have to take dnagerous terrain tests before attacking with the bonuses of being in a wood is great for any unit.

GuroG
07-06-2014, 17:35
I've had a rethink on my list, wood will be a venom thicket.

Still want to run life or dark magic

What you guys think on this?

+++ Asrai 1500 (1499pts) +++
+++ 1500pt Wood Elves 8th Ed Roster (Standard)) +++

Selections:

Wood Elves 8th Ed (Standard) Selections:

+ Lords + (290pts)

* Spellweaver (290pts)
(BRB) Dispel Scroll, (BRB) Talisman of Preservation, Level 4

+ Heroes + (110pts)

* Waystalker (110pts)
(AB) The Bow of Loren

+ Core + (420pts)

* Eternal Guard (270pts)
Champion, Musician, Standard Bearer
* 20x Eternal Guard
20x Shields

* Glade Guard (150pts)
* 10x Glade Guard
10x Trueflight Arrows

+ Special + (479pts)

* Deepwood Scouts (128pts)
* 8x Deepwood Scouts
8x Hagbane Tips

* Warhawk Riders (135pts)
3x Warhawk Riders

* Wild Riders (216pts)
Musician, Standard Bearer
* 7x Wild Riders
7x Shields

+ Rare + (200pts)

* Waywatchers (200pts)
10x Waywatchers

Gustav Kohn
07-06-2014, 18:19
I totally agree its just he already had two units of scouts in his army and in this list espcially since he really only has a couple of units to put heroes in they are probably better, in my lists I always run at least two units of 5 scouts. Buy the way I think unless you have wildwood rangers the venon thicket is amazing meaning they have to take dnagerous terrain tests before attacking with the bonuses of being in a wood is great for any unit.

Gotcha. I still like as many scouts as possible, but I get what you are saying.

GuroG-
I like the new list better, but I don't know that High or Dark is where you wanna go. High magic has short ranges and is better, IMO, on a mobile mage. The only thing you are missing is a musician on the GG. The swift reform is pretty important.

GuroG
07-06-2014, 20:28
Gotcha. I still like as many scouts as possible, but I get what you are saying.

GuroG-
I like the new list better, but I don't know that High or Dark is where you wanna go. High magic has short ranges and is better, IMO, on a mobile mage. The only thing you are missing is a musician on the GG. The swift reform is pretty important.

I'm thinking the tried & tested old faithful lore of life!

Where do I find points for a GG musician..... Mmmmm!

Cheers for the C&Cs guys.

Luck - Courage - Skill!

GuroG
08-06-2014, 15:35
I'm going with shadow not life, going to break the habit!

Luck - Courage - Skill!