PDA

View Full Version : Interesting question.

Wulfrun
09-06-2014, 13:13
I am trying to start a roleplay style version of warhammer using a model from each army for stats.
So what I wanted to ask is what every other armies approximate equal would be for a single dark elf warlock.
It can be any model for that army except for characters.
Not all need to be magic orientated, just equal stats spread in different ways, all don't have to be magic users etc;
Some help on this would be really great and I thought it would be an interesting question to answer anyway. :)

Snake1311
09-06-2014, 14:26
Elite light cav - few armies have it. So the rest would put Heavy cav against it probably.

SpanielBear
09-06-2014, 15:33
Elite light cav - few armies have it. So the rest would put Heavy cav against it probably.

Tricky question even for those that do have fast cav, because the role warlocks play is almost completely unlike that of other fast cav. Warlocks are not cheap (comparatively). are not re-directors, are not chaff, and are rarely used to double flee. In addition, they also can put out a lot of damage, are surprisingly resilient, and can cast spells.
In fact, the only army that has equivalents in any sense are Wood Elves, and even they split all that over two units. On balance, I'd say Wild Riders are the closest fit, being "dangerous fast cav." Other races, I think you have to start looking at flyers or ambushers- TK sepulchral stalkers, Lizardmen ripperdactyls, VC Hexwraiths, Dwarf Gyrocopters, DoC Screamers and possibly WoC Hellstriders.

Mithras69
09-06-2014, 20:12
Beastmen Centigor.

Wulfrun
10-06-2014, 02:36
Like I was stating they don't have to do the same role in the slightest, doesn't need to be other cavalry, just if they came up in a fight who would be their equal. I just want relatively even stats so there's not one person above the others

3eland
10-06-2014, 03:56
Skaven gutter runners with snare-nets maybe. Possibly Plague Monks.
Lizardmen Rippers, Saurus.
Daemonettes (only because no wards vs their attacks tee hee).

The tough thing is all elves get ASF so most units from other armies of equal size is going to be severely hurt before they can attack back.

Everytime I have played VS Warlocks I kill them with my Warmachines, shooting, or monsters. I have only gone into combat with them once and that was with my Saurus and my Saurus ate them up.

Wulfrun
10-06-2014, 07:37
Ok so what we have so far
Dark elves - warlock
Lizardmen - Saurus warrior
Skaven - plague monk
Daemons - daemonette
Vampires - hex wraith
Beastmen - centigor
Wood elves - wild rider

Everyone happy with these? What about for the other armies.

Athlan na Dyr
10-06-2014, 07:55
The Hex wraith would be a bit odd because of the Ethereal Rule. A Vargheist (if you want a vampiric unit) or a Black Knight might be a better fit for VC.

With most of the non-elven units, I'd advise going for ones with multiple wounds or high armour to counteract the ASF. In that sense, the Saurus, plague monk and centigor would all have a very tough time going mano-a-mano either the warlock or wild rider.

Wulfrun
11-06-2014, 10:17
The Hex wraith would be a bit odd because of the Ethereal Rule. A Vargheist (if you want a vampiric unit) or a Black Knight might be a better fit for VC.

With most of the non-elven units, I'd advise going for ones with multiple wounds or high armour to counteract the ASF. In that sense, the Saurus, plague monk and centigor would all have a very tough time going mano-a-mano either the warlock or wild rider.

So maybe
Beastmen: Bestigor
WoC: Chosen
Lizardmen: Temple guard
Tomb Kings: Necrotect or Liche Priest
Ogre: Vanilla Ogre
Dwarfs: No idea don't have the new book
Daemons: Daemonette
Vampires: Black Knight
Dark elves: Warlock
High Elves: Silver helm or swordmaster?
Wood elves: Wild Rider