PDA

View Full Version : Warmachines/stand and shoot?

woodulikeanother
09-06-2014, 20:16
I cant find in the BRB whether Warmachines such as a Bolt thrower or hellblaster can or cannot stand and shoot?

theunwantedbeing
09-06-2014, 20:17
Try the war machine section.

Ramius4
09-06-2014, 23:13
I cant find in the BRB whether Warmachines such as a Bolt thrower or hellblaster can or cannot stand and shoot?

The short answer is, no, they cannot.

SteveW
10-06-2014, 07:13
All warmachines are "slow to fire".

furrie
10-06-2014, 07:30
All warmachines are "slow to fire".

small correction all warmachine weapons.

SteveW
10-06-2014, 14:55
small correction all warmachine weapons.

indeed.

Sent from my lumina 925 using ninja's

winsafra
12-06-2014, 13:52
Does that mean wzr machine crew can stand and shoot?

furrie
12-06-2014, 14:14
Does that mean wzr machine crew can stand and shoot?

if the crew has a ranged weapon listed as there equipment, then yes.

Forestspider
12-06-2014, 16:10
Can you imagine it though..... wouldn't help cannons much but organ guns / hellblasters would feel a lot braver in the face of a unit of fast cavalry or gutter runners, they have 360 LoS too :-)

olderplayer
12-06-2014, 17:00
Just to clarify, "slow to fire" means that the war machine cannot stand and shoot. See page 109 of the BRB, "Unless specificied otherwise, all war machines weapons have the Move or Fire and Slow to Fire special rules". With War machines having the Move or Fire special rule, unless the model is mounted on a chariot, they cannot move and shoot (a war machine can pivot on the spot due to 360 degree line of sight per an FAQ; they cannot move at all if not in open terrain). The only option for a stand and shoot is if a master engineer were attached to a war machinne with a shooting weapon that is not slow to fire (such as pistol, brace of pistol) but the new Empire and Dwarf army books no longer have an option for an ME to actually join a war machine and characters cannot generally join war machines (BRB, p. 97) unless specifically allowed for in their specific army books (Runelord on an Anvil is the primary option now that the Cauldron of Blood has been changed to a type of chariot).

furrie
12-06-2014, 19:52
its the war machine weapon that has the slow to fire, not the war machine itself or its crew. But because the war machine shoots with its war machine weapon it can't stand and shoot. The crew however can stand and shoot, provided they have a none war machine range weapon. Which as far as I known no crew members have

GrudgeBringer
12-06-2014, 20:06
Dwarf engineers used to be unit champions and could have pistols or handguns.

Blkc57
13-06-2014, 10:42
Dwarf engineers used to be unit champions and could have pistols or handguns.

I think USED TO are the key words. As far as I know, no crew member currently has a range weapon on any army's warmachines.