PDA

View Full Version : High elf culture

Mortarions scythe
11-06-2014, 00:33
Can you recommend a book or share your knowledge on some high elf culture. I find that the army books or even the rulebook never go into enough detail for any army. Basically I an interested in knowing about how different the regions are from one other, some noble house names/info, an example of the political suarey(trying to sound smart so I hope I spelled that right) and book tittles that could help me achieve my goal. :D

Ramius4
11-06-2014, 01:51
Go check out the background forums. Or, head out and get any of the novels featuring High Elves.

WhispersofBlood
11-06-2014, 02:06
Can you recommend a book or share your knowledge on some high elf culture. I find that the army books or even the rulebook never go into enough detail for any army. Basically I an interested in knowing about how different the regions are from one other, some noble house names/info, an example of the political suarey(trying to sound smart so I hope I spelled that right) and book tittles that could help me achieve my goal. :D

There isn't really one book to point to. Reading the three William King novels, the Defenders of Ulthuan series,the Time of Legends around the War of the Beard and the Sundering. Those are probably the most accessable novels and most up to date with the current fluff. Defenders of Ulthuan is debatable in its canon worthiness as it seems to go beyond the current timeline. These novels cover several different eras in the HE histories and should give you a pretty well rounded view of the Race. I would also suggest reading the Wood Elf and Dark elf army books. Starting with the Sundering Trilogy would be best however.

Mortarions scythe
11-06-2014, 07:59
Defenders of ulthuan sounds good, I'll definitly pick it up. Other suggestions are welcome and I know dark elves are litreally stabbing people in the back in politics and the like but I have never got an impression of the High elves, are they more passive agressive? Cheers.

Pavisel
11-06-2014, 12:03
if you can get hold of the high elf heraldry book, there's some fluff in there more region-specific. not surprisingly, it focuses more on color schemes and icons than history.

and 'suarey' is really 'soirée', it's French.

Mortarions scythe
11-06-2014, 13:26
Is that just digital or do can you get in paperback. I'll check it out anyway and damn i knew I spelled that wrong.