PDA

View Full Version : First list with O&G 2500

greenmonsta
15-06-2014, 16:07
So just got a new O&G army and I'm trying to throw together a good all around 2500 pt list. Here is what I have so far:

BO Warboss
Sword of Striking, Enchanted Shield, Tal of Preservation, Crown of Command

Savage Orc Great Shaman
Fencer's blades (Also does this give an extra attack like normal dual hand weapons?)
Lucky Shrunken Head
Obsidian Trinket

Goblin Big Boss
BSB, LA, Shield

NG lvl2 Shaman
Scroll

42 Savage Orc Big'Uns
Extra hand weapons, Full Comm

20 Night Gobs
Full Comm, Spears

49 Night Goblins
Full Comm, Nets, Spears, 2 Fanatics

5 Goblin Wolf Riders
5 Goblin Wolf Riders
8 Trolls

Wolf Chariot
Wolf Chariot
Orc Boar Chariot

Doom Diver
Doom Diver
Rock Lobber
Mangler Squilg

So the plan is using Wolf Riders as re directors or warmachine hunters. Chariots clear chaff and combo charge. Warmachines shoot stuff up. SOBU go in the middle with trolls on one side and the big gob unit on the other. Let me know what you guys think of the list.

Wulfrun
17-06-2014, 14:21
how many biguns are you running?

greenmonsta
17-06-2014, 18:11
42 SOBU. Sry post edited.

Wulfrun
18-06-2014, 10:18
I think its pretty solid, I would say you have too many points invested in chaff but other than that not bad.

greenmonsta
18-06-2014, 21:38
K, I'll take that into consideration. Thx for the advice.

Wulfrun
19-06-2014, 11:13
Sorry for not going in depth, let me explain :). Chaff isn't something orcs and goblins do well but it is something we can field alot of and use when necessary, but its reliability against other chaff isn't overly great. Wolf riders I would say are more redirectors than anything and small skirmish groups for weapon teams. Chariots work better (normally in pairs) in taking down enemy chaff and light cav (especially if you get the charge!). In this regard the twin wolf chariots (in my opinion) would work as your chaff hunters. So therefore it would be best to drop the boar chariot. As for the wolf riders it depends on what type of army you are facing, if they are packed to the brim with warmachines you will need both units. If not the one will suffice. With the extra points I would choose another mangler or get another stock standard boss with any sprinkles of equipment you may be able to squeeze in.
To your other questions. Fencers blades do indeed give you an extra attack as you are using an additional hand weapon.
Secondly I would change your night goblins to bows. The spears will not help against anything, while the bows let you take down a few things before combat and don't really effect the ability for them to fight.

sephiroth87
22-06-2014, 03:01
I really like the list. A couple of things.

1. The 20 night goblins with full command and spears makes no sense. With that few goblins, you're going to give up that banner. It's essentially wasted points. Better to leave off the banner. Also, with a small goblin unit, most people take shortbows. You'll find that people will constantly try to bait or slow down your savages with chaff. Having a small goblin unit with bows means you can just shoot them and not have to send your own chaff units in front of your savages to deal with them. It's a very useful unit to have.

2. I prefer single goblin heroes on wolves over wolf rider units for 3 reasons. First, the single wolf has better leadership and panics less often. Second, you can kit 2 of them out with the dragonbane gem and dragonhelm and maybe a 5 point magic sword. These units can hold up units with flaming and can attack things like ethereal units that would normally give you fits. Finally, if your trolls leave your warboss's leadership or he gets killed, you can simply join a wolfriding goblin bigboss to the troll unit to help them with stupidity or get them moving where you want them to go. The only time I take wolf riders over goblin bosses on wolves is when I need to fill out my minimum core points.

3. The boar chariot is good. Use it if you want. But for the points, Wulfrun is right. I'd rather take another Mangler Squig or a kitted out Pumpwagon for the points. They're just better than the boar chariot for the points.

Wulfrun
25-06-2014, 12:59
I agree about the goblin boss seph. I was mainly suggesting the wolf pack because it was what he bought and I didn't really want to say that the unit he bought is pretty useless (most of the time) and can be fixed by a single wolf boss unit.