PDA

View Full Version : Arachnarok spider and goblins

Agar
15-06-2014, 23:47
Me and my brother are debating this right now. I believe that since the goblins have spears that if the Arachnarok spider charges the goblins would get the bonus to strength and be strength four.

He believes the spears are there to make sense of how the goblins could attack back in the first place.

Does anyone have any more info on it?

Ultimate Life Form
16-06-2014, 00:53
He believes the spears are there to make sense of how the goblins could attack back in the first place.

Please never assume anything to make sense. It leads down a slippery road that usually leads to heated arguments and a banhammer or two. Here in the rules section the only thing that counts is what is written in the rules, and if the rules say the Goblins have Spears then they have Spears in the rules sense of the word and any and all Spear rules apply, unless there is some sort of exception noted that I'm not aware of. If you want to discuss how the Goblins fight on top of the Arachnarok Spider then go to Warhammer General, please.

This does of course only apply if they have the Spear listed in their equipment. It does not matter how the weapons on the actual models look. If the rules say they have Hand Weapons they gain no boni.

Agar
16-06-2014, 01:30
They do have spears listed in their equipment it's not just model representation.

Kalandros
16-06-2014, 02:17
The next question would be if their spears count as weapons used while mounted or while on foot. That is probably the issue between both parties.
Spears on foot "to make them able to reach the enemy from up there" (they're still way too tiny anyway)
Spears while mounted - well now we look into the actual model's rules:
"Howdah Crew: The arachnarok spider is ridden by..."

Spears used while mounted and during a turn they charged = +1 Str.

End of debate.

plantagenet
16-06-2014, 02:42
Wow always missed they got this bonus. 8 strength 4 attacks is pretty useful.

Nice ��

Agar
16-06-2014, 03:40
Thanks I will have to point that out to him.