PDA

View Full Version : How long have you been waiting on WayWatchers?

kylek2235
25-06-2014, 22:36
I signed up on the website, waited a couple of days, got a reply, ordered them and then received them today. The whole process took me a little over week. My local Independent has been trying to order then since the day the new book was released with no luck. Is GW just putting the screws to the independents or has everyone else had similar luck?

dalezzz
25-06-2014, 22:40
From what I read the US is kinda short on wood elf stock , so I'm guessing GW sort their direct customers out before bothering with the independents

kylek2235
25-06-2014, 22:46
From what I read the US is kinda short on wood elf stock , so I'm guessing GW sort their direct customers out before bothering with the independents

That's what I figure as well but Ordering Direct Order stuff is through the website as well now, so we all go through the same place.

edit: for the Independent stores I mean

Alltaken
26-06-2014, 01:17
Warstore gave a "Lets de next week", the reply I had seemed like it wasnt the first when restock wasnt availabley

Evil Hypnotist
26-06-2014, 06:06
I had trouble with getting the Waystalker from the UK store, I was emailed that it was back in stock, had to wait on someone before placing my order 24 hours later to find it was out again. Didn't wait about the 2nd time!

monkey10120
26-06-2014, 13:06
I was actually going to get some WW when the new book came out. Waited for about 4 weeks then gave up and I just bought shadow warriors and used some bits left over from my WWR and GG. There are so many pieces left over in those kits that you can easily make shadow warriors look more WE than HE. And its much cheaper!
Now I have been waiting for 2 months now for the glade lord with a bow to complete my collection!

noneshallpass!
26-06-2014, 13:46
I managed to get WW 14 second hand when they were crap. With the new book out, I would like 6 more though. Are those sold at the moment Metal or Finecast?

Imperator64
26-06-2014, 15:17
Metal still.

kylek2235
26-06-2014, 19:37
Metal still.

I was shocked when they showed up metal. It seems like metal has been reduced to fringe models across the ranges except in the Wood Elves. I'm not sure if GW didn't think they were going to sell enough to make the conversion worth the effort or they've simply given up on the metal to resin conversion for existing models. Since the margins are much better with the resin, I suspect the answer is somewhere in between.

Epicene
28-06-2014, 18:27
I was shocked when they showed up metal. It seems like metal has been reduced to fringe models across the ranges except in the Wood Elves. I'm not sure if GW didn't think they were going to sell enough to make the conversion worth the effort or they've simply given up on the metal to resin conversion for existing models. Since the margins are much better with the resin, I suspect the answer is somewhere in between.

I wouldn't want so many models with tiny bendable parts like spears and bows to be made in finecast anyway. Give me metal anytime for that.
Plus - they might still have a stock-pile of metal left to use up and from what we do know, GW still use the same injection systems for metal as they do resin, so its not a real effort to keep the production up.

Captain Collius
29-06-2014, 03:14
I would like to point out we have learned that people love fish.