PDA

View Full Version : hihg elf tactics advice for an empire/skaven player

EvanM
26-06-2014, 06:36
I play empire mainly, I feel very at home with them. Skaven I play for fun because they're crazy and awesome and yeah. Now I wanna play high elves the same way I play my other two armies.

My issues:
I dont know what to do with certain units.
I dont know what to do with my magic. High magic is... yeah. I think I should do another one.
I know I dont have a netlist but I want it to work, I just wanna feel like my army works together and plays the way I play.

heres my list: I dont really wanna change much, mainly different character equipment and equipment.

unit
number
equipment

Annointed of Asuryan
armor of SS (2+), crown of command,

Archmage
Lvl 4, 4++, book of hoeth, High Magic

Noble BSB
BSB, DA, charmed shield, griffon 5++, lance, swiftsense, swoop

Spearmen
FC, SoD

Archers
Archmage goes here, light armor

Lothern Sea Guard
FC , Shields

Ellyrian Reavers
Bows + Spears

Swordsmasters
FC

Dragon princes
FC, swiftness banner +1M

Eagle Claw

Silver Helms
FC, Shields

I dont really want to use the noble on griffin anymore, maybe on an eagle instead? and what else should be on my characters?

and after some suggestions and changes, what should be my main strategy? keep in mind I play against my brother (dwarfs) so it kind of sucks that all my cavalry gets blown apart by his cannons and organ gun.

Josfer
26-06-2014, 11:56
I think you misunderstood. He is a former skaven player and wants to play HE in a similar fashion, not against skaven or empire.

Rake
26-06-2014, 12:06
Um... High Elves DO NOT play like Skaven. In any way shape or form. You could argue (very badly) that they have some similarities with Empire. You want to play like Skaven and Empire? Closest army that can do that should be OnG. If on the other hand you want to learn how to play High Elves AS WELL AS Empire or Skaven thats another story...

boli
26-06-2014, 16:00
Yeah I read that wrong... high elves and skaven play almost in completely opposite ways; in fact I'm hard pressed to think of *any* way they play similar. I suppose you could play High elves like an empire gunline but it doesn't play to their strengths at all.

High Elves are the most defensive of all the elves but you need to play aggressively; controlling the movement phase is where the game is won for high elves imho.

Ben81
06-07-2014, 11:45
As I play dwarves very often I'd suggest you almost certainly drop the noble Bsb on griffon. That's to juicy a target for a dwarf gunline. Maybe try shadow magic on your Mage for a change?

EvanM
08-07-2014, 22:23
I'm changing my list.

Drop: LSG, reavers, and instead of griffon, the noble will ride an eagle and basically act like a captasus(empire)

Add: spearmen go to 49 with the annointed
Archers go to 29 with the archmage
Silver helms go to 15
And a lion chariot

Annointed gets khaines ring to hopefully grant a 5++ by casting it (maybe 6 dicing it).

Its fluffy and stuff but what do u think?