PDA

View Full Version : Those "what the f?!@ just happened" moments

archonpandykins
27-06-2014, 13:31
Hey all, I was just interested in hearing some of those what the f just happened as in you have a hands down victory and in one turn you get tabled, or your loosing very badly and then your opponent makes one mistake and you get a hands down victory.

Just thought it would be fun to share stories like that

Retrospectus
27-06-2014, 14:35
Watching an imperial guard sergeant throw a frag grenade at my sternguard and scattering back to his squad who, thanks to some recent vehicle wrecks courtesy of my marines, were clustered up enough to catch all of them (there was 5-6 in the unit left) all wounds, only the sarge makes his save. cue one embarrassed looking sarge.

not sure if that fit with the theme but it happened recently and I've been dying to share it

MajorWesJanson
27-06-2014, 14:36
Actually destroying a squad of Black Templars via "No escape." Wasn't even planning on it, but a unit of scouts in some ruins, a whirlwind tank, the back edge of the board, and a squad were all in the right place that there was nowhere for them to go after failing a combat and escaping, then rolling an 11 for flee distance.

totgeboren
27-06-2014, 15:23
Last game I played was against Eldar using my CSM.

I had summoned both Horrors and a Herald for them, I had my Lord and Bikers in a good position to assault, as was a Land Raider full of Khorne marines. My Plasma Chosen had clear LOS to a Serpent that was shaken and my Maulerfiend should be able to assault some other stuff. Some CSM with Plasmaguns had a perfect position to kill a bunch of Scorpions.
I thought "even if I fail a few things, I got this game in the bag!"

My bikes and Lord assault some Guardians which ends with my guys being wiped out. They didn't flee, they were killed to a man by the guardians in close combat. My daemons and Sorcerer fail to cast a single power. My Khorne marines assault, kill a vehicle and are then wiped out. My Chosen fail to put a Hull Point of the Serpent (which contained 5 Wraithguard with Scythes). Then my CSM get assaulted by the four surviving Scorpions with no Exarch who proceed to kill all but 2 of my 10 marines before dying, on the charge! My Maulerfiend got Immobilised after failing to assault. My Land Raider got shot and exploded, killing 10 out of 11 possible cultists and 9 out of 10 possible Horrors, and also finishes off the last remaining marines, while my Chosen all get killed by D-Scythes because they could not roll a single 5+ on 10 dice to glance or pen the Serpent.

Beginning of turn three I thought I had won. End of turn four I was wiped out. Crazy stuff.

A.T.
27-06-2014, 15:35
Playing WD sisters against newcrons using the spearhead expansion. First turn necrons outflanked with barges and either wrecked or immobilized every vehicle on the board. Return fire from everything killed one lord, who stood back up. Turn two the rest of the necron army flew on in scythes from which hordes of wrath were able to launch directly into assault - from the far side of the board - longways. Most of the sisters remaining forces trickle onto the board turns 3 and 4.

Turn 5 the cron player has been going for a wipeout and still has most of his force while the sisters are dead in the water, though somehow their bunkers are still standing. And then in one turn the crons dice abandon him - every single cron fails their inv save, every single flyer crashes, not a single cron stands back up.

Kulgur
27-06-2014, 17:02
Imperial Knight fires thermal cannon 8". Thermal cannon scatters back 8 inches. Imperial knight loses its last 3 hullpoints and explodes.

Bookwrak
27-06-2014, 18:58
5 terminators charge an ork trukk that's blocking their way to an objective. Trukks blows up, all five terminators are wounded, all five fail their armor saves.

Moriarty
27-06-2014, 19:21
Hellhound advances to toast Ork mob, Russ lobs BC round to soften them up first - scatters, kills the Hellhound :-)

Mork (or perhaps Gork) skilled upon us that day!

Moriarty
27-06-2014, 19:22
Curious, double post thingumy.

Geep
28-06-2014, 05:39
I watched a game a few months ago now that was an Escalation/Planet Strike combination, with Necrons trying to take the planetary defences of some Space Marines.
The marines had a Fortress of Redemption, one or two Bastions and a few of those Wall of Martyrs automated weapons, as well as a Baneblade.
The Necron player used Deep-Strike to put a heap of scarabs into a clear place right in the middle of most of the Marine defences. The Marine player countered by shooting at the scarabs with the Baneblade Cannon and Demolisher Cannon (first thing he shot). Both templates scattered, demolishing a Bastion, most of the automated weapons and damaging the Fortress of Redemption. Almost no Scarabs died. The second round of shooting vs the Scarabs rolled around, and the Marine player did exactly the same thing. He finished off most of the Fortress of Redemption and a few other minor buildings, again barely scratching the Scarabs. No matter what advice everyone was giving, the Marine player was determined to use his Baneblade to kill the scarabs...
The Marine player was actually declared the winner of the game, although I strongly believe it was a hands-down Necron victory. The adapted Planetstrike victory rules they used, modified with Escalation, made it pretty much impossible for the Necrons to score VPs.

still-young
28-06-2014, 07:16
I once killed an ork warboss in close combat with 2 tau stealth suits. Very proud moment for me.

Brother Vaneb
28-06-2014, 09:43
Imperial Knight fires thermal cannon 8". Thermal cannon scatters back 8 inches. Imperial knight loses its last 3 hullpoints and explodes.

Jeez that's why you don't **** into the wind! Unlucky!

Sanai
28-06-2014, 10:37
A few editions ago I had a Blood Angels Chaplain and the 2 surviving Death Company from his squad get charged by a Tau Battlesuit Commander..... and the Tau Commander won the fight.

09philj
28-06-2014, 22:18
Opponent prepares to deep strike chaos terminators armed with assault weapons and Typhus into my ork gunline (lootas, big mek). Unit scatters maximum distance. Into difficult terrain. They are thus displaced. I cheerfully put them into the far corner of the board on the other flank to the one where things are happening.

coldwar
28-06-2014, 22:42
Bringing down a Storm Raven. 15 Necron warriors failed, 15 necron warriors fail, give the job to the single Heavy Destroyer, hits, pens, explodes. Immobilises the DC Dread, Kills all but 3 Death Company, kills the Reclusiarch and another character.

Lesson, never put your one in a million trump units in to one big bang worth in cost of about 600-700 points as one big target.

Lyrander
28-06-2014, 23:31
Not long after appocalypse first came out me and three mates at our club decided to play a game see what all the fuss was about. One guy deep struck a formation of Abbaddon and a bunch of Chaos Marine Lords in Terminator armour, he scattered, ended up on tope of a bunch of guardsmen. Resulting deep strike mishap roll was lost in the warp.

Retrospectus
28-06-2014, 23:48
armed with assault weapons and Typhus.

For a moment there I read that as one of the terminators being armed with typhus like a piece of wargear. I had a nice image of a terminator swinging poor typhus around by the ankles as a bludgeon. or perhaps mounted in a large slingshot as a giant frag grenade....

Menthak
29-06-2014, 00:15
Tau Ethereal's bodyguard getting shot to pieces leaving only the Ethereal and Shas'ui and charged by a Chaos lord in terminator armour and his three remaining terminators. The Lord challenges the Shas'ui and slays him, rolling on the chart to become a Daemon Prince whilst the Ethereal slays all the other terminators. Next turn the Daemon Prince botches his to hit rolls and is killed by the Ethereal*.

Drew the game though.

*We have a rule in our group where if you ascend your lord you average out his remaining wounds with that of the Daemonprince.

NemoSD
29-06-2014, 18:17
Had a friend who thought he was clever. He thought it was unrealistic that railgun rounds stop when they hit something, and should instead keep going akin to fantasy cannon and bolt throwers. I forced him to concede anything str 8 or higher, had the lance rule, or the vanquisher cannon, qualified as well. Second turn, my Vanquisher lines up, fires, kills his ethereal, kills 7 fire warriors across two units, and finally takes out his hammerhead.

When my lascannons, and allied brightlances continued to multikill everything, he decided that his rule broke the game.

In fantasy, the best WTF just happened moment I had was I had five sea guard left, they had just regrouped, and I was in the process of hiding them. The 40 man nurgle warrior block that was just making the game not fun for me, or anyone in the league that day, managed a box car charge against the last five guys. (Apparently his plan was to wipe them, then reposition to attack my Pheonix Guard who had his other, only 20 this time though, Nurgle Warrior block tied up.

During the first round, I deliver my four attacks, which all manage to kill one of his dudes. Then, my Sea Master challenges his leader dude, and drops two wounds, and the dude fails both.

The the amazing continues. He whiffs every single counter attack.

Then he box cars his leadership. My Elves chase down the remaining 35. Every single warrior is murdered by five elves.

Just Tony
29-06-2014, 21:59
This was an old one. My brother's DE were killed to a single blaster armed warrior by my friend Greg's Necrons. We were at the tail end of the game and the warrior had passed his Last Man Standing test. He set his feet and fired, vaporizing a warrior. Greg sat down to do his math for the whole 25% thing, which was met. With that, the entire Necron force vanished from the table top, leaving the one Blaster warrior as the only survivor.

Slowpoke
29-06-2014, 22:25
I won my last game. That was pretty "WTF?".

Kidding aside, this scenario happened years ago: I played my orks against my buddy's necrons. We had an even match up all game and we had a huge sort of a final fight between the center of the table and my deployment zone with loads of boyz,warbikes, warriors, immortals and a monolith sluggin' it out. I had a Warboss and his Nob retinue in a deff rolla battlewagon in reserve. I just couldn't make my reserve rolls all game and finally on the 5th turn they showed up. They were in a hurry because it was the 5th turn and I had to get them in to an assault to wipe the center of the table clean of that scrap metal people call necrons and victory would be mine. One unit would do since it was kill point match. So there was a small forest between my target and my battlewagon. I weighed my options: I could go around it and hope for a 6th turn and then I would be in assault range or I could go through it and assault immediately. "I'll plough right through it!", I proclaimed, and I promptly hauled ass towards the obstacle and rolled for dangerous terrain. Die result: 1. "That's alright, I have a deff rolla", and I picked up the die and re-rolled: 1. Again. So my warboss and nobs were stuck in a stump and that roll cost me the game since the game ended on turn 5 when we rolled yet another "1" to see if the game would continue for the 6th turn.

It was fun, though.

Strahd
30-06-2014, 08:23
Last night my friend's fire warriors shot at my vypers and managed to get one to explode. However, the explosion was large enough to kill 9 fire warriors in another nearby squad.
Later in the game I deep struck my swooping hawks close to his Ethereal with the hopes of netting myself 2 VP only to have those hopes dashed as his intercepting Riptide overcharged and killed them all in one nice blast.

Skickat från min C6603 via Tapatalk

Gingerwerewolf
30-06-2014, 08:55
Outflanking Termagants with Devourers. 30 of them. For the uninitiated thats 90 Str 4 shots, AP -

All shooting at a squad of 3 Centurions

0 wounds.

None.

Not even one.

*sigh*

Sir Didymus
30-06-2014, 10:09
Opponent prepares to deep strike chaos terminators armed with assault weapons and Typhus into my ork gunline (lootas, big mek). Unit scatters maximum distance. Into difficult terrain. They are thus displaced. I cheerfully put them into the far corner of the board on the other flank to the one where things are happening.

Just a testament to how bad the DS rules are. I can't say how many times this has happened to my GK paladins or Tau crisis suits :p

fluffymcfluff
30-06-2014, 11:12
Had a game a while back,with a single lascannon I shot my friends flyer carrying his veterans and a lord commissar, it then proceeded to crash and burn. Scattered onto a chimera which then exploded from the flyer dropping on it. Killed everybody on the flyer except the Lord commissar, killed everybody in the chimera. With one shot I took down 1 flyer, 1 chimera and 2 squads of 10 guardsmen. My friend and I were in disbelief of what just took place.

madden
30-06-2014, 12:22
The other weekend charged a csm squad with a soul grinder (full hp) it died to a snap shotted melta gun which wasnt even in melta range!! And in an apoc game my lord of skulls having 8 attacks on the charge against a stompa fluffs all but one attack and then rolls a 1 on the D table and then he dies to the stompa.

gwarsh41
30-06-2014, 13:31
Perfect story for you, and an example of why most people in my LGS don't like "The Relic".

Necrons vs SW, the relic. Quick summary:
He drop pods in 2 special weapons GH packs on my back field. They fail to do anything, are eventually wiped out as well as his 2 long fangs packs. On turn 3 the only reason he wasn't tabled was a single long fang and a single drop pod with 1 hull point. I move my nightscythe with 13 warriors, a cryptek and my overlord right on top of the objective, next turn they get out and have fun getting me to drop the relic.

His one lascannon long fang shoots my nightscythe. 6. 4 on dmg, pen. 6 to pen. Fail jink, fail immobilized style result fliers get. Crash and burn. My 15 dudes have to walk in from my table edge, that has terrain on it. They roll 3 for their terrain, then run 4, next turn they move 1. He drops his drop pod with 10 dudes on the objective and grabs it. I kill all but 3 marines, one of which has the objective. He wins thanks to a single lucky lascannon shot.

Insane Psychopath
30-06-2014, 21:19
A year or so ago I was gaming against my friend Ork army vs my Iron Warriors. The Dakkajet (?) cause 8 wound vs a unit of 4 Terminators, I went to make my armour save's & only pass one out of the eight dice....

Throne of Skulls March this year. I had a brillaint game against Blood Angels with a Imperial Knight ally. Just the Imperial Knight had just taken apart one of my units, leaving a lone IW arm with a Melta. The Knight was 3 inch away & went to charge, ended up rolling a double 1!! While the lone IW mange to overwatch & cause three hull point damnge toward the knight. Following turn, the knight done the same, again being 3 inch away & fail the charge. Lone IW once again mange to overwatch with the melta but sadly only take two hull points off the Knight.
You can see photo here of the game, really fun game & brillaint oppent.
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?324798-Iron-Warriors-5th-Grand-Company-to-mark-10-year-collecting&p=7110779&viewfull=1#post7110779

Another one for my Iron Warriors was back in 2009. Me & my friends where down that Warhammer World for a event & so give my Imperial Guard friend a practise game on the Friday, day before.
Just I had four Iron Warriors in close combat against 70 Imperial Guard in kill points. He only slaughter one Iron Warriors, while I'd taken out second Guard. He failed his Ld & I mange to over run what was left of those Imperial Guards. Just rememeber my other friend watching the game & walking away when that happen.

There also the time I use my Deathwatch Kill team theme Bike strike force during 4th ed. I was against my friend Tau & I charge a unit of Biker against the Tau Battle suit with the rail gun. I ended up fail five danger terrain test. The lone biker left from the unit mange to make the charge, win the combat, but failed his danger terrain test when I consolidate out of the area of terrain. Pretty much in one turn I mange to wipe out my own unit.

Finial one would be 2011 during Throne of Skulls October that Warhammer World. I mange to get a award for News from the Front. Just I'd taken my Space Wolves & during round two, my Dreadnought mange to not make a single hit with a twin linked lascannon during turn 1 to 6 against Eldar.
Following round I'm against Blood Angels, the same Dreadnought goes into close combat against a weaponless Dreadnought. During turn 2 to turn 7, that Dreadnought failed to hit ever single time dispit needing 3+ to hit.

infamousme
05-07-2014, 08:04
Not exactly what you are asking for, but a few weeks ago i had a 10 man squad of slaaneshi warp talons bearing down on my deployment zone. I didn't want them to get linebreaker, so i opened up with my fireprism. Firing in dispersed mode i managed to get 8 talons under the large blast after the scatter. Only one wound was produced and it was taken on the champion, who, due to a chaos boon or sone such nonsense, had a 2+ save. Rendering my ap3 irrelevant. Well the wound was saved.

I then said "what the hell, fire the twin linked shurikan catapult!"........ it killed 2 talons. Thank khaine for twin linked & psuedo rending haha :D

I then tore the unit to pieces with massed splinter cannon fire from 3 venons, but that has no part in my "wtf" moment.
Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2

TheBearminator
05-07-2014, 08:38
I once managed to kill my two warpheads and lotsa, lotsa boyz in the first two turns by rolling an impressive amount of 1s on the ork psychic chart. 3 x snake eyes + one 3 that was rerolled and ended up 1.

hazmiter
05-07-2014, 08:41
Best moment for me was having my lone assault marine sergeant duke it out with khorsarro khan.
Stock standard no upgrades.
Khan failed to wound the sergeant, sergeant wounded khan, khan ran off the board.

One very happy sergeant. (Who is also now on the white scars hit list) :p

Edit: (to save a slot) i did have a nemisis dreadknight get killed by over watch last year..... Solo str8 ap1 shot from a dark eldar archon.... I was all like wtf, as it was on its last wound and i failed the invulnerable save.... Soundwave (forum user name) was there for it, and he cracked himself laughing.
He has still yet to kill a dreadknight himself though...

I wont that game barely as i was running a full terminator gk list vs lance spam... Worst part was he wiped half my army second turn :p

Terminus Est Gunner
05-07-2014, 08:51
A few years back I had an apocalypse game with my orks, and I used the Shok attack battery formation, my first turn, first rolls of the game I shot the battery and rolled triple 1s or 6s (I cant remember which)...the shok attack battery and everything within like 10-15 inches disappeared into the warp leaving me with about 225 pts of orks left to face my friend's full apocalypse army. Needless to say I lost, but I couldn't stop laughing for the rest of the game! :D

H3L!X
05-07-2014, 10:34
6th Edition:
Had a 2v2 game with Eldar/Orks vs GK/GK
The Ork player was new to the game and didn't accomplish much and got wiped our in turn three.
The while i managed to pretty much wipe out the GK directly facing me but as i wasn't able to fire on the other and through the loss of the orks i now faced a huge firepower comming my way.

Then things start to happen.

He deepstrikes a unit of 5 marines armed with that Str8 weapon behind my Dark Reapers. They firea and...only one Reaper dies. In return i wipe the squad.

The Dreadknight went to face the Dire Avengers packed in a blob behind the destroyed serpent to avoid them getting shot. (On its last wound through the avengers fire the round before)
He places the flamer templated and hits all...wounds all...i take my Invulnerable Save of 5+ (Exarch with shield)....1 Avenger dies.
Furious he declares a charge and gets cut down in overwatch fire.
Since that day he keeps great distance.

Losing Command
06-07-2014, 00:08
Once in 4th my Space marine captain was the only one left standing after a bunch of Necrons shot away the unit around him. A full squad of Necron Immortals opend fire on the Captain, causing over 20 wounds.
3+ Armoursaves were rolled ... and every single one of them was passed. The turn after that the captain charged the Immortals, won combat and wiped them with a Sweeping Advance.
The necron player was so impressed that he gave me a Necron warrior leg to glue on the base of that captain as a reminder.

NemoSD
06-07-2014, 02:26
Once in 4th my Space marine captain was the only one left standing after a bunch of Necrons shot away the unit around him. A full squad of Necron Immortals opend fire on the Captain, causing over 20 wounds.
3+ Armoursaves were rolled ... and every single one of them was passed. The turn after that the captain charged the Immortals, won combat and wiped them with a Sweeping Advance.
The necron player was so impressed that he gave me a Necron warrior leg to glue on the base of that captain as a reminder.

I love it when people do that. My Dark Angel Interrogator Chaplin has a bunch of Nid bits on his base from a very similar gift. (This dude just has it out fir nids, they can not kill him and he just can not stop murdering them... it goes beyond defense of humanity with him. I mean, he uses the monster slayer weapon thingy so he has an advantage there, but he never fails to roll good on that chart, and just carves through the nids. He can't swing that weapon to save his life against any other enemy though.)

I also have an Inquisitor who has collected a few mementos that he hangs on his Chimera. Dude is frequently last man standing on the side of the field he takes, and him and his plasma pistol just proceed to kill anything in his line of sight. He is that guy standing on a rock as the enemy charges at him, his long red coat flapping in the wind as the crackle of a plasma blast fires every few seconds, erasing another chaos marine from the waist up, his power sword in the other hand humming with anticipation.

Lyrander
06-07-2014, 08:02
Just remembered another of those WFT moments from back in 2nd edition. My Eldar vs a friends Blood Angels. A squad of 5 lightning claw equiped terminators charge a unit of guardian who have laspistols as close combat weapons.
The terminators proceed to loose each of the one on one combats to the guardians by a large amount, and on rolling about 15-18 save manages to roll snake eyes once for each terminator, and then fail the refractor field saves. For those of you who didn't play 2nd ed terminator armour was a 3+ save on 2d6 and they had a 5+ invulnerable save they took as well.

Lycannus
06-07-2014, 08:34
way back when the new land raider was first released, we had an epic multi player battle vs the store staff, so they could show it off.
My force of Chaos Marines was quickly reduced to a single possessed (Fear, Vorpal blades and Invunerable) who single handedly proceded to eliminate;
An ork warboss, along with 10 nob retinue
3 obliterators
walked past the land raiders, passing 23 invunerable saves 3 turns in a row
whiped out 2 full squads of chaos marines
was finally stopped by a bolt pistol.

i didn't win, but i've never seen a single model do so well, (though 2 days ago, after three of my plasma devestators killed themselves in turn 1, the survivor killed 30 daemons on his own!)

Lycannus
06-07-2014, 08:35
way back when the new land raider was first released, we had an epic multi player battle vs the store staff, so they could show it off.
My force of Chaos Marines was quickly reduced to a single possessed (Fear, Vorpal blades and Invunerable) who single handedly proceded to eliminate;
An ork warboss, along with 10 nob retinue
3 obliterators
walked past the land raiders, passing 23 invunerable saves 3 turns in a row
whiped out 2 full squads of chaos marines
was finally stopped by a bolt pistol.

i didn't win, but i've never seen a single model do so well, (though 2 days ago, after three of my plasma devestators killed themselves in turn 1, the survivor killed 30 daemons on his own!)

Axel
06-07-2014, 09:44
One remaining Grot tries to compete an objective against two Grey Knight Terminators - he kills one by shooting and goes to the objective - the other GK tries to shoot him (fail), assaults him and fails to kill him in cc - objective contested, game won.

hazmiter
06-07-2014, 15:29
I did hear a funny story from a store staff member.
Its quite horrifying.
His necrons vs orks.
The ork player had 20 gretchin hiding in a building, and the staff member had 3 wraiths floating out of cover.
Now as we know, wraiths are irritating... Very irritating (shudders)...

Those gretchin saw the wraiths and proceeded to shoot the living hell out of them, and landed 8 wounds.
The staff member fluffed and failed 6 saves.

I would say thats a wtf just happened moment.

Sir Arkalots
06-07-2014, 16:12
Not really as wtf as some of the other ones, but was playing a 2v2 1500 point each game as black templars (back when they had an updated codex) with Chaos Marines against two Eldar armies. Second to last turn and I had gotten destroyed up until this point. All I had left was an Emperors champ in combat with some wraithguard, a tactical squad and a lascannon dreadnought on a control point. The Chaos guy had the other point with a squad of marines and some thousand sons marines. The Eldar guy moved his fire prism and shot the chaos dguy, killing the remaining thousand sons and some marines, and a wave serpent was a turn away from dropping off a full squad of fire dragons off at that point, which would have wiped the chaos marines and gotten him the game. Last ditch effort I shoot the lascannon at the WS, somehow roll 2 6s for the holofield (or whatever it was back then that made you roll 2d6 for armor pen) and then another 6 for the damage. One incredibly lucky roll from a dreadnought almost out of range of the whole battle salvaged a terrible game.

Oh yeah almost forgot, he got shot by a wraithlord with Bright lance which immobilized him. I never rolled that good before and I havnt since.

Just Tony
07-07-2014, 00:19
Forgot one, my Crimson Fist vs. a Dark Eldar player in Ft. Wayne. I get first turn, and my first shot is a Whirlwind shot into his Raider holding his Archon and retinue. Hits. Rolls Penetrating and roll for damage on the Ordinance chart. Rolled a 6. Vaped the entire retinue with a 75 pt. tank.

Bergen Beerbelly
07-07-2014, 04:32
Last night I was playing Astra Militarum and Ultramarines vs a Chaos Space Marines and Daemons list. I had platoon command squad get charged by a Screamer Star. The Screamer Star won combat by killing every single member of the platoon command squad except for the platoon commander. The platoon commander rolled better on his initiative and escaped being swept. It was a kill point mission and I was ahead on kill points but I didn't want to give my opponent any freebies so I used an order from the Company Commander to rally the lone platoon commander. The platoon commander then hid behind some wyvern tanks until Belakor came charging in to some of my artillery. I used my grav gun armed Termie Tubbies to shoot Belakor and leave him with one wound left. So the helpless Astra Militarum platoon commander stepped out from behind the wyvern he was hiding behind and shot Belakor with his Las-Pistol...and proceeded to kill him.

BrainFireBob
07-07-2014, 08:01
I have 2.

1) Right after Schaeffer and the Chancers came out in 3rd. Breakthrough mission. 1 assault marine reached his lines,wounded Schaeffer, , squad broke, over ran the chancers, consolidated into the rear of an immobilized Russ-which got me through his line. Incidentally, it was the last model I had left.

2) When 6th came out, did a 2v2 at 3k a head. Single shot at a manticore. 6 to pen, 6 for result, 6 " range.

This blew up two more chimeras and a basilisk. The bassie took out a russ. One chimera took out a third. Every explosion was 6", only 3 guardsmen among the affected weren't wounded, only 1 oh those made a save. He went from 3000 points to 500 off of 1 shot. This, after all the rest of our shooting had killed 1 BA.

tneva82
07-07-2014, 08:34
1 wound swarmlord. Feel no pain in. Almost survives 2 rounds of IG and ork firing. Plasma guns. Kustom stompawith bucketloadload of S9 AP3 shots. Lascannons. More basic guns than you can count. Only very last gun on kustom stompa managed to finally kill that bloody thing.

Our side was despairing when that single swarmlord soaked up so much firepower but could not seem to fail either his armour save, cover save or if that failed then feel no pain. Transcendant ctans were easier to deal with...