PDA

View Full Version : Magma Dragon size?

Mr. Ultra
30-06-2014, 21:59
Anybody can help me in this? I am going to purchase the magma dragon from Forge World, in order to use it in our RPG Lord of the Rings campaign, and I want to mount it on a large oval base (a have a Valkyire base ready for that), but I don't know if such a big beast could possibly fit in that base.

Epicene
30-06-2014, 22:17
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/AlternativeFW/xlarge/Magma_Dragon_9.jpg

This incredibly detailed miniature is an impressive 7.5" (190 mm) long from claw to tail

theunwantedbeing
30-06-2014, 22:18
I can't see it fitting on the large oval without hacking off most of the terrain he's standing on. (the model will look a lot better without it though)
He looks to be on a 100x150mm base, the large oval is smaller than that.

Surely there are better dragons to waste 80 on?

Mr. Ultra
30-06-2014, 23:14
This incredibly detailed miniature is an impressive 7.5" (190 mm) long from claw to tail

I already know that, but knowing the distance from claw to tail does not help me, what I need is the distance between legs and the size of the legs themselves.

Surely there are better dragons to waste 80 on?

I still want the magma dragon, it's an impressive model.

Urgat
01-07-2014, 05:52
Well it obviously barely fits on an arachnarok base, so it won't fit on the big oval.

Rakariel
01-07-2014, 07:35
I can have a look and check when I get home from work, but I think it hardly fits on the Arach Base as Urgat already said.

Jind_Singh
01-07-2014, 09:55
I own Chubby the Magma Dragon - and it's a gorgeous model!

It BARELY fits on the Arachnork base - but it does fit - and decently too, doesn't look too big for the base, though the models wings and tree trunk go OVER the base.

Oval base won't work UNLESS you use the Imperial Knight/Morkanought oval base - and even then the feet overspill the base which will detract from the look.

Mr. Ultra
01-07-2014, 21:02
I own Chubby the Magma Dragon - and it's a gorgeous model!

It BARELY fits on the Arachnork base - but it does fit - and decently too, doesn't look too big for the base, though the models wings and tree trunk go OVER the base.

Oval base won't work UNLESS you use the Imperial Knight/Morkanought oval base - and even then the feet overspill the base which will detract from the look.

Sweet! Thank you all for the answers, then I guess I'll made my own oval base. I simply don't like my models in suqer bases, it's a wird fixation I suffer.