PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Ogre Shaggoth Modeling Questions.

Fritzallmighty
02-07-2014, 20:32
Two quick questions for shaggoth owners:

1) How does the finecast version hold up? Does it suffer from warping and such despite its size?

2) How compatible are the bits from the plastic dragon ogre box, size wise? Would they work well as arm/weapon replacements?

Many thanks.

Epicene
02-07-2014, 20:33
The Shaggoth is enormous compared to the Dragon Ogres. The arms would look a little odd.

Kallstrom
03-07-2014, 09:07
I would really like a comparison picture between the Shaggoth and let's say, a Giant or a Ghorgon or a Minotaur. I am thinking of converting up the top part into something for my Beastmen army but it's hard to find good comparison shots. Anyone have any laying around? :)

theunwantedbeing
03-07-2014, 09:39
2) How compatible are the bits from the plastic dragon ogre box, size wise? Would they work well as arm/weapon replacements?

The Shaggoth (if I recall correctly) is basically a single piece model with only the front portion of the arms that are holding his weapon being separate.
The Dragon Ogres are multi-part kits with separate arms & bodies so they're not compatible, although you could get away with swapping the weapons and hands over if you really wanted.

They aren't too dissimilar in size though and come on the same size bases, the Shaggoth is just a lot more upright and has a more bulky torso.
Check out the GW site as it has side on shots.

Hudson Gameover
03-07-2014, 18:20
I cut the shaggoths hands off and added giant hands, the one holding the man and the one holding the chain with the big bit of rock on the end. I like it.