PDA

View Full Version : 2500 points of Dwarfs... first attempt... Thanks

daa6
02-07-2014, 22:18
Hello one and all !

Soon you will see my 2,500 points list and I would like some constructive advice.

I don't own any Hammerers, and have always liked the Ironbreakers (grown a slow 'n' steady collection). My thought behind my army has always been of one which was of a clan low, (very low) underground and so the Ironbreakers would be a natural, elite / ever present force. My thought moved to a clan who lost their hold and now after collecting all they could, travel the deep roads in search of another 'home' or place to settle / restock.

Anyway on with the list, 2, 500 points designed to be an all commers list:

Lord-Shield, shieldbearers, 3x Iron, Furnace, Might & Snorri

Thane - Shield, BSB, 3 x Slow
Rune Smith - Spellbreaking, Ring of Thori, Stone, Great Weapon

Warriors x 25, Great Weapons, Full Command
Warriors x 23, shields, Full Command
Thunderers x 10, standard, Musician, Shields
Quarrellers x 10, Standard, Musician, Great Weapons

Ironbreakers x 28, Full Command, Stubborn
Bolt Thrower, Seeking, Accuracy, Burn

Organ Gun, Accuracy, Forging
Flame Cannon, Forging
Rangers x 5, Shields

2,497 points if added correctly... ;)

Well what do you think...?

All characters likely to go with breakers, because of the banner they will strike first "except against ASF", can then take the hit, have AP and just incase of mass regen "trolls" there is the ring.

Warriors are in support of the main block, "shields were slayers with Strollaz to aid the rangers, but I think they would just die" and will keep the rangers as harassment, and war machine hunting etc.

I have back board support / War machine cover in the Quarrellers and Thunderers, (the latter being a wall for the prior, and the supporting/counter charge the other way round).

All my War machine are older models and fit my theme of "traveling Dwarfs", as they have wheels (not static).

Bolt thrower, set to cancel regen and hit any flyers. (and has re-usable ammo).
Organ gun.... its and Organ gun. "closer support"
And finally the Flame cannon... "they need something to clear the tunnels, other that the Ironbreakers, but fitting it is a rare and so would be "emergency use".......(war is an emergency) ;)

The Rangers, as stated but again fit the theme some what as they are there to scout ahead of the army / clan....

Thanks for having a look, again constructive help wanted not just, a remake of other lists but a reasonable "argument" for an advised change could be considered.

* I was trying to find a way to change the shield warriors for slayers with strollaz but not sure it would be effective game wise...

** Also was also looking at the second rune of spellbreaking, but like the ring and cant fit a second Rune Smith in...

*** Would also like to figure out a way to tweek the list to 2,400 points for a more rounded number. .

Well Thanks again!!

daa

daa6
03-07-2014, 20:40
Nothing...?

Well I thought that I could use Miners as they also fit into the theme of the army but what do you think.... I just don't like their delay...

Well any ideas people of Warseer?

Been two days now... any Long Beards out there?

Thanks

daa6
06-07-2014, 17:58
Still nothing.... guess the list is good n balanced then? But how can I trim it to 2, 400 points?

And the other questions?

russellmoo
07-07-2014, 05:08
I think that you are going to want a second runesmith and rune of spellbreaking as the army that I can see giving you the most trouble would probably be lizardmen.

The other thing to consider is that your BSB is vulnerable most players running Death magic will try and just snipe him, and while dwarfs have high leadership, it is very likely that all of your core units are going to be losing combat and you are going to want to keep your BSB around longer- the standard tournament BSB build is BSB MR Grungni, shield, sometimes strollaz, sometimes not.

I would trade out the shield warriors and increase the quarrellers to 20, you can then spend the remaining points on another runesmith, or a gyrocopter-

Captain Collius
07-07-2014, 15:20
In the high armor meta that is common today s4 has trouble cutting it. Hell any monster mash list would love this you need some more hard hitting units to deal with high t also putting all your eggs in the breakers means that you need to be good at controlling opponents movement.

daa6
07-07-2014, 19:37
Thanks for the feed back russellmoo and Captain Collius.

My main opponents are Skaven, Dark Elves, Chaos Warriors "troll-ish list", Beastmen and Daemons. We're a bit out of the major competitive lists but not too much of a push over, (competitive fun).

What do you think I should add Captain to help with my lack of punch...? Do you not think the guns can cover that angle of not?

Thanks for the swop round insight russellmoo, so I can fit in the second smith. (could add a Gyro, as an "outside" attack option) Like the Bike or classic car kept under a 'tarp' for when the weather is just right... :)

I thought that the Breakers would stand a decent chance with the BSB as is, but I could also move the Lord to the great weapon Warriors to spread the unit cost ? They're already Ld 10 so not like they need him for that... What do you think?

Thanks again!

Captain Collius
08-07-2014, 02:07
Cannons buddy that's what they are for. Or Hammerers if you are anti cannon

daa6
08-07-2014, 21:39
What would you trade out for the / a, cannon? and a naked one?

Thanks Captain.

OK, up-date post...

List:

Lord - Shield, shieldbearers, 3x Iron, Furnace, Might & Snorri
Thane - Shield, BSB, 3 x Slow
Rune Smith - Spellbreaking, Ring of Thori, Stone, Shield.
Rune Smith - 2 x Spellbreaking, Stone, Great Weapon.

Warriors x 25, Great Weapons, Full Command
Thunderers x 10, standard, Musician, Shields
Quarrellers x 10, Standard, Musician, Great Weapons

Ironbreakers x 25, Full Command, Stubborn rune
Bolt Thrower, Seeking, Accuracy, Burn

Organ Gun, Accuracy, Forging
Flame Cannon, Forging
Rangers x 5, Shields
Rangers x 5, Shields

Totals 2,335 points (if added correctly)

SO, 65 / 165 points to play with...

Need to add 10 points too core to reach minimum for 2,400 / 35 points for 2,500.... "a Great Weapon wielding Warrior or 4" = sorted...

BUT then what else should I add to cover any gaps... more Core... a cannon... ???

I did like the third Combat block of infantry but what do you all think?

Thanks

(ANYONE...?)

AUN'SHI
11-07-2014, 15:34
id take out the lord for some ME to control your cannons and OG's. Id drop the flames cannon for another OG as in the current meta I dont this the flames cannon is good.

You have no gyros so no redirectors/warmachine hunters/ flame template. Get any where between 2 or 3 in there

Add grungi to your bsb rune of slowness x 3 is a huge waste of points drop that for grungi

Your list is a gunish line army so play to its strength.