PDA

View Full Version : Would you accept this?

Silent Surrender
04-07-2014, 16:33
I have a gorkanaut.

I have 3 meganobz.

I have a warboss in mega armor.

Before the battle I claim that one of the meganobz accidentaly stepped on his neck and died, i put the remaining 2 meganobz and the warboss in the gorkanaut.

?

yabbadabba
04-07-2014, 16:35
Well, wouldn't you have Ld tests etc to take first?

Take the tests, I get the VPs for the death, and sure, why not.

Is it allowed in the rules? No, but I always believe that the rules can be bent for fun things anyway.

insectum7
04-07-2014, 17:25
I have a gorkanaut.

I have 3 meganobz.

Before the battle I claim that one of the meganobz accidentaly stepped on his neck and died, i put the remaining 2 meganobz and the warboss in the gorkanaut.

?

Heheh, sure! Orky enough.

Lord Damocles
04-07-2014, 17:29
I wouldn't.

Like I wouldn't be happy with people putting 12 Marines in a Rhino, or Crisis Suits in a Devilfish.

Gonefishing
04-07-2014, 17:42
I wouldn't, I would be happy enough in a friendly game if you wanted to bring an extra Heavy support choice or something like that (Although thinking about it 7th makes my opinion on that kind of irrelevant lol), but other than that I prefer to play the rules of the game. What you can or cant take in a list/ FOC etc., have already been utterly relaxed - without also breaking transport limits, unit size etc etc.

So nope, I wouldn't go with that.

Noodle!
04-07-2014, 19:15
If it's agreed on before hand and it's a friendly game I would. Really, anything goes in friendly games. If it's outside of a tournament the rules are pretty much just recommendations. You can do anything, it's your game.

That said, you'd need to agree on it of course. I've had a chaos space marine as a CCO in my traitor IG army because it was fun and fluffy. It's all about making your own stories.

Scammel
04-07-2014, 19:19
I wouldn't.

Like I wouldn't be happy with people putting 12 Marines in a Rhino, or Crisis Suits in a Devilfish.

This'd probably be my stance, too. Rules are rules and this one isn't something that's ever going to crop up in the FAQ forum.

Really, anything goes in friendly games. If it's outside of a tournament the rules are pretty much just recommendations. You can do anything, it's your game.

True to an extent - just with the qualifier that if you're playing against me, it's our game.

Noodle!
04-07-2014, 19:31
Yeah, which is why I said you need to agree on it. "Your" here was in the plural form. Referring to him and his opponent.

T10
04-07-2014, 20:09
I wouldn't.

The point here isn't to put the equivalent of eight models into a six-model capacity transport, but to reduce that unit to the appropriate size.

I'll wait until the situation occurs where I meet a player that wants to do this. On one hand he's willing to drop a model, on the other hand he's attempting to circumvent a restriction.

-T10

Silent Surrender
04-07-2014, 20:57
Interesting answers.

Personally I cant see a warboss riding to battle in anything less then G/Morkanaut, also he has to be wearing mega armor to look more menacing. He also have to have a bodyguard that looks just alittle bit less menacing then himself, which is meganobz. Nobz just wouldnt do it with their 25mm sillyness.

Actually I would never do what I claimed in this threads first post, even if my oponent allowed me. I just wanted to highlight this: Is it a mistake by GW?

I Think The meganob minimum squad size should be 2, or the 'Nauts transport size should be increased. Would that make them to powerful? It isnt like these guys are zooming skimmers or something.

3 meganobz in a G/Morkanaut? WHat are they doing in there? Thats not proper. There should be a warboss in there. But he cant ride in there himself.

It just feels weird that GW themselves advertised having mega orks in 'Nauts, but then not allowing them to have their boss in their beside them.

T10
04-07-2014, 21:25
I've often wondered why Space Marines bother with Power Armour when Terminator Armour is so much better. It's kind of pointless sending in a sub-optimal Marine to get killed when he could just sit at home and watch Mecflix and chill with his B-bros and let the Terminators do the job proper.

-T10

Lord Damocles
04-07-2014, 21:27
The point here isn't to put the equivalent of eight models into a six-model capacity transport, but to reduce that unit to the appropriate size.
It's putting a unit which wouldn't normally be able to fit into a particular transport into it.

If you've taken a unit which doesn't fit into a transport... tough.

yabbadabba
04-07-2014, 22:13
I've often wondered why Space Marines bother with Power Armour when Terminator Armour is so much better. It's kind of pointless sending in a sub-optimal Marine to get killed when he could just sit at home and watch Mecflix and chill with his B-bros and let the Terminators do the job proper.

-T10 Its all in the background.

OuroborosTriumphant
04-07-2014, 23:37
I have a gorkanaut.

I have 3 meganobz.

?

I'd allow it. I'd probably even let you buy a unit of 2 Megnobz for (2/3 the points of a 3 man mob) points because I'd feel bad about you missing out on (censored) points.

Inquisitor Kallus
04-07-2014, 23:55
Thats what Stompas are for.....

=Angel=
05-07-2014, 01:04
I'd allow it. I'd probably even let you buy a unit of 2 Megnobz for (2/3 the points of a 3 man mob) points because I'd feel bad about you missing out on (censored) points.

Plus one.
Or I'd let you fit three models into a giant transport robot.
It's not some gamebreaking tactic, it's fluffy eggs in a basket, warboss riding into battle shouting orders from a titan rule of cool. And of course his nobs by his side.

This is the reason they bumped the landraider transport capacity- so you could fit a full squad plus character.

Niffenator
05-07-2014, 01:33
Don't see why you couldn't just put all 3 Mega armour Nobz plus the warboss in it together in a non-competitive game

FraustyTheSnowman
05-07-2014, 02:38
I'd probably allow it if someone I knew was otherwise a fun person to play against brought it up. Just showed up at the shop and had a random person ask about it? Probably not. It's a huge red flag for me that we're approaching the game in two very different ways, and there's every chance the game is going to be a a waste of time.

Sanai
05-07-2014, 02:46
Reminds me of when I was told about a game in which a friend of mine came up against an Ork player who had a big line of killa kans deployed- when he went to shoot at the Killa Kans, the Ork player told him "Oh these Killa Kans don't have pilots in them, as I didn't pay any points for them". Suffice to say, my friend was not amused.

Losing Command
05-07-2014, 05:08
To make it more fun, I'd let your opponent resolve shooting attacks with Infiltrators and 48" or more range weapons on the Meganobs untill wounds are inflicted, after which no more units may shoot them. If one dies, the remaining two fit in the *orkanaut with the warboss. Otherwise they don't.

Lord Damocles
05-07-2014, 11:17
This is the reason they bumped the landraider transport capacity- so you could fit a full squad plus character.
The increased transport capacity which was subsequently removed (along with the Drop Pod - which only had ten harnesses in it...)

If a Warboss and his Meganobs want to ride in a giant robot, there's already another unit which lets you do just that.

Noodle!
05-07-2014, 12:20
I don't think there's much to discuss. Damocles wouldn't allow it, plenty of others would. In short ask your opponent. If your opponent is a friend who plays for fun odds are they'll allow it, if they're not willing to alter any rules whatsoever they won't.

Scammel
05-07-2014, 12:24
If your opponent is a friend who plays for fun odds are they'll allow it, if they're not willing to alter any rules whatsoever they won't.

That's an odd dichotomy there. Why aren't people who adhere to the rules also playing for fun?

Noodle!
05-07-2014, 12:32
Ok, sorry. I didn't mean to apply people who adhere to rules don't play for fun, I hope people understand what I meant. When I said play for fun I meant players who are willing to modify and bend rules to create story, to just create interesting situation or just for the heck of it. People that "play around" a bit more.

Not to say not everyone is playing for fun.

Inquisitor Kallus
05-07-2014, 12:38
Reminds me of when I was told about a game in which a friend of mine came up against an Ork player who had a big line of killa kans deployed- when he went to shoot at the Killa Kans, the Ork player told him "Oh these Killa Kans don't have pilots in them, as I didn't pay any points for them". Suffice to say, my friend was not amused.

I don't know why but I laughed out loudly when I read that

Scammel
05-07-2014, 12:43
Ok, sorry. I didn't mean to apply people who adhere to rules don't play for fun, I hope people understand what I meant. When I said play for fun I meant players who are willing to modify and bend rules to create story, to just create interesting situation or just for the heck of it. People that "play around" a bit more.

Not to say not everyone is playing for fun.

Understood. :) For some the fun is going hell-for-leather to beat someone else on a level playing field.

Dooks Dizzo
05-07-2014, 12:54
Sounds fun, go for it.

Mauler
07-07-2014, 10:56
Hell, the thought of a Meganob standing on his own neck and dying is so damn funny I'd let you get away with that.

tneva82
07-07-2014, 11:25

-T10

Well if you are outnumbered by X to Y imagine how badly you are outnumbered when you remove over 90%+ of your fighting force out of equation...

Most chapters have probably 50 if less terminators at any time. Dark angels who are unusual in having entire 1st company in termies has 100. That's the extreme rare case.

Same reason why US doesn't have Abrams for basically everything ;)

And as for question at hand...Sure why not. If somebody wants to shoot himself in foot by first taking that overpriced piece of junk and then double shoot himself at foot by putting expensive meganob+warboss squad in feel free. You get to even keep the 3rd mega nob. Strictly speaking I'm increasing my winning chances by allowing it ;)

ehlijen
07-07-2014, 22:47

-T10

Its all in the background.

Background reasons like inability to sweep, less transport, weapon and gear choices and usually no increase in invul save? Artificer armour and/or bikes make termie armour laughably redundant.