PDA

View Full Version : 2400pt Competitive Ogre Kingdoms

Minigiant
08-07-2014, 15:43
So i am coming back to fantasy with a new army and im not getting caught up in the middle of the flavour of the month. I have chosen Ogres as the low model count allows me to fully paint it in a respectable time and without getting bored. But first i need an army list to build too so i have come up with this and would really appreciate your opinion. Anyway without further ado here is the army list:

Updated List - 16/07/14
13 points remaining to be spent

LORD - Slaughtermaster: 363 Points
Level 4 Lore of Beasts, Ironfist Armour of Destiny, Earthing Rod

HERO - Bruiser: 179 Points
BSB, Heavy Armour, Crown of Command, Enchanted Shield, Dragonbane gem

HERO - Butcher: 153 Points
Level 1 Lore of Beasts, Dispel Scroll, Ruby Ring of Ruin

HERO - Butcher: 159 Points
Level 1 Lore of the Great Maw, Hellheart, Great weapon

CORE -7 Ironguts: 346 Points
Full command, Banner of Discipline

CORE -7 Bulls: 254 Points
Full Command, Ironfists

SPECIAL -5 Leadbelchers: 225 Points
Bellower

SPECIAL - 4 Mournfang Cavalry: 305 Points
Ironfist, Heavy Armour, Bellower, Standard bearer, Gleaming Pennant

SPECIAL - Sabretusk: 21 Points

RARE - Ironblaster: 170 Points

2387/2400points

There we have it, what do you think?

DeaNos
09-07-2014, 14:42
Only thing I can see is the mournfang riders I'd have them bringing great weapons if you can.

PirateRobotNinjaofDeath
09-07-2014, 20:56
Banner of flame on your gutstar is an awful awful idea. One hero in there with the DBG and your whole unit is stuck. Give them the banner of discipline instead.

You also dont have much defense against ethereal or avoidance. Id bring a firebelly level 2 instead of what you have.

Finally, keep in mind that those single sabre tusks cause panic in your ogres when they die.

Minigiant
09-07-2014, 21:43
Banner of flame on your gutstar is an awful awful idea. One hero in there with the DBG and your whole unit is stuck. Give them the banner of discipline instead.

I know thats why the list has been updated. Originally i struggled with fitting stuff in but i have trimmed effectively i think

PirateRobotNinjaofDeath
09-07-2014, 23:14
I know thats why the list has been updated. Originally i struggled with fitting stuff in but i have trimmed effectively i think

Cool. New list looks solid to me. Very similar to almost every other Ogres army out there, but that's the book's fault not yours.

Grix
13-07-2014, 11:10
You are 121 points over in core. Drop gnoblars or bulls to get that to 625. Use the points for a lv 1 or 2 scroll caddy / butcher tax caster. Change the lore on your Slaughtermaster I prefer Lore of Beasts but Death is good.

If not get more leadbelchers. Two units of 4 is nice.

Ikari
14-07-2014, 21:17
I would get ironfist for the ogres. Its nice to avoid some wounds on close combat. Ogres usually strike last, so you need to survive so you can hit back. Also it prevents your enemy from getting points so he won't win the combat that easy. It is just 20 points for the 10 ogre unit, prety cheap I'd say. Besides, ogres with ironfist look awesome.

Ironguts need the banner of discipline, since you lack a good leadership lord. Having your slaughtermaster in the unit with that banner grants you a nice L9 general.

As for the gnoblars, I'd either drop em or turn them into trappers. Regular gnoblar in small units do not make good chaf units, since they are slower than your ogres. But trappers are quite a threat for big infantry units.

This army list is very mainstream and, I dare say, the most competitive you can put together. Perhaps 3 exploring maneaters... but I like this list as it is. Pretty close to my OK army lists.

Minigiant
16-07-2014, 16:10
I would get ironfist for the ogres. Its nice to avoid some wounds on close combat. Ogres usually strike last, so you need to survive so you can hit back. Also it prevents your enemy from getting points so he won't win the combat that easy. It is just 20 points for the 10 ogre unit, prety cheap I'd say. Besides, ogres with ironfist look awesome.

Ironguts need the banner of discipline, since you lack a good leadership lord. Having your slaughtermaster in the unit with that banner grants you a nice L9 general.

The Bulls do have Ironfists just typo and as you can see next i took on some of your suggestions

Updated list here with 13 points remaining to spend

LORD - Slaughtermaster: 363 Points
Level 4 Lore of Beasts, Ironfist Armour of Destiny, Earthing Rod

HERO - Bruiser: 179 Points
BSB, Heavy Armour, Crown of Command, Enchanted Shield, Dragonbane gem

HERO - Butcher: 153 Points
Level 1 Lore of Beasts, Dispel Scroll, Ruby Ring of Ruin

HERO - Butcher: 159 Points
Level 1 Lore of the Great Maw, Hellheart, Great weapon

CORE -7 Ironguts: 346 Points
Full command, Banner of Discipline

CORE -7 Bulls: 254 Points
Full Command, Ironfists

SPECIAL -5 Leadbelchers: 225 Points
Bellower

SPECIAL - 4 Mournfang Cavalry: 305 Points
Ironfist, Heavy Armour, Bellower, Standard bearer, Gleaming Pennant

Now i just need suggestions on spending my measly 13 remaining points

A few ideas of my own
- Magic Weapon on Slaughtermaster
- Look-out gnoblars on standards
- Ironcurse Icon somewhere

thesage24
16-07-2014, 16:44
Why not throw a GW on your Bruiser?

Minigiant
16-07-2014, 17:24
Why not throw a GW on your Bruiser?

Because the great weapon overrides, so if i have a GW, i can't use my enchanted shield ever in Close combat. That leaves me with only 5+ save in close combat and no ward. Not durable enough for my liking

Toasted
17-07-2014, 14:10
You want the Rune Maw on your gutstar.

Minigiant
17-07-2014, 21:44
You want the Rune Maw on your gutstar.

I would not say i have a Gutstar, i play more the Ogre Shell game. Able to keep my characters in the 2nd rank and push them to the 1st if it is to my advantage