PDA

View Full Version : Wildwood Forest

EricB
08-07-2014, 17:01
Hi All,

My question is this:

Wildwood forest gives damage on a roll of 4+. It then gives D6 S4 Hits, but what kind of hits are this? Is it CC? I personly think the hits will be distrubeted as for Shooting.....

Does anybody knows this?

Blkc57
08-07-2014, 19:38
I would classify them as unusual attacks and thus according to the rule like stomps I would distribute them as shooting hits.

Skittelz1981
10-07-2014, 12:15
How do you come by that?

Nowhere does it say its 'unusual'
Nowhere does it say its 'resolved as shooting'

There is nothing that hints towards the faq you are referring to since those are classified as: 'unusual attacks that happen in the combatphase'
This situation is not remotely similar.

The wood just cause d6 s4 hits. Nothing else is mentioned and since 'causes d6 s4 hits' is a generic way of mentioning closecombat attacks, nothing else can be assumed.
These attacks are not specified by anything else, which can only conclude to being closecombat.

Da GoBBo
10-07-2014, 16:54
I personly think the hits will be distrubeted as for Shooting.....

That's how we would play it too.

teclis_16
10-07-2014, 18:40
How do you come by that?

There is nothing that hints towards the faq you are referring to since those are classified as: 'unusual attacks that happen in the combatphase'

The wood just cause d6 s4 hits. Nothing else is mentioned and since 'causes d6 s4 hits' is a generic way of mentioning closecombat attacks, nothing else can be assumed.
These attacks are not specified by anything else, which can only conclude to being closecombat.

So you may single out characters in this manner?

Skittelz1981
10-07-2014, 23:19
Ok, so the true and real answer to this question and probably many others are in this post:

This is quoted from http://www.vampirecounts.net/threads/wildwoods.26182/#post-391480
Demian was so friendly to put together an extensive and elaborate post about it.

Saldiven
11-07-2014, 00:59

Um, no, it's not. You just completely made that up.

Please cite a rule that supports that assertion.

Blkc57
11-07-2014, 01:52
How do you come by that?

Hi Skittelz,

I apologize as I probably should have included my reasoning, but in my defense I was just giving a quick answer to the person who asked and I didn't have a great deal of time at that point to write it out. So to answer the question in greater detail: You will find the description of Resolving Unusual Attacks listed in the box on page 42 of the BRB. It gives a pretty detailed breakdown that anything that causes hits that are specifically not caused by close combat attacks described on page 46 are to be considered unusual attacks and thus distributed using the rules for shooting (this includes all hits caused by spells unless stated otherwise and special rules like impact hits). Seeing how the hits described by the Wildwood are not found within the definition of close combat attacks performed within the close combat phase (found on page 46) by default they should fall under the definition of an Unusual Attack, and thus be distributed as shooting hits.

BTW, welcome to the rules forum!