PDA

View Full Version : If you were to become emperor what would you do?

GabrielSantar229
09-07-2014, 10:14
Title pretty much says it all if you were to become emperor what would you do? where would you place the capital? etc.
Personally I'd move the capital to Wurtbad in Stirland. I'd then muild cannon and musket foundries in Wurtbad, Altdorf, Talabheim and Middenheim. I'd make Nuln it's own county and give Wissenland it's own elector count. Then I'd try and drain Stirland in order to produce better farmland and increase Stirlands wealth, population and importance.

Sanai
09-07-2014, 10:39
I would gather a massive army, even offer concessions to the bretonians in exchange for their aid, and call on the High Elves (in exchange for the promise that the Empire will be a real ally to them under my rule) and invade the crap out of Sylvania.

I would proceed to knock down, exorcise and cleanse every damn castle, cave & mansion in Sylvania (with the magical aid of the High Elves) to ensure that the Von Carsteins never threaten the empire again. Seriously, allowing a haven for vampires and armies of ghouls/undead to exist in your kingdom is utter madness. It might be expensive and costly to deal with the problem, but it is better to deal with it once and for all than wait and let another Vampire War happen.

Then I would strengthen bonds/ties with the Elves, Dwarves & Bretonians, and even make overtures to the Slaan by returning any relics of theirs that the Empire possesses (all to gain/strengthen alliances).

boli
09-07-2014, 11:29
Increase tax on sleeve puffs, introduce mind altering drugs and invent the internet.

... or in a more serious note: improve internal transport links between the cities/towns; this will increase trade (more taxes) allow faster troop movement and generally improve the Empire as a whole. Only then would I go on an "offensive war"... sort the problems out at home before you start a war.

Folomo
09-07-2014, 12:17
Increase the tank industry, because 2 steam tanks per army is not enough.

Sexiest_hero
09-07-2014, 12:55
What would I do? First I'd do all the hot chicks then deliver the whole of mankind into the hands of chaos in exchange for the same deal the Dragon Ogres got. I'd pretty much be skar from the Lion king. I would become a monster in every sense of the word.

MOMUS
09-07-2014, 13:32
Introduce standardisation, sanitation and a rail network.

Petey
09-07-2014, 14:14
Live in decadent excess!

Asdrubael108
09-07-2014, 15:59
I would first enjoy my time with some nice hot chicks and drink alot of beer... Then I would deliver humantity to slaanesh!

Malagor
09-07-2014, 16:49
Well I would try to improve the relationship with Bretonnia, try to lend aid to the high elves with regards to their population problem.
Had the Slanns cared then I would try to find a way to develop proper relations with them as well but the way they think makes that impossible.
I would invent the train and do a big push for a railway through the Empire and create a better training program for the troops so they don't suck.

EvanM
09-07-2014, 21:15
I would build a wall around the entire empire, starting with the northern parts and leaving only strategic weakpoints like blackfire pass. Then I'd taunt the norsemen into invading. BRING IT.

and I would impose a draft on all eligible men/women into the state troop core who were not needed in the fields.

Alltaken
09-07-2014, 22:16
Hire a bucket load of ogres and send them in to wipe skaven below, and purge silvania clean.
Also reduce the size of darkwald, or make proper roads to travel there.

Aquire more dwarven technology.

And the general life improvements and forge prolification for Warmachines.

And ask the Tzarina to burn pragg for 2 years as the rpg supplement says to cleanse it (In a non retconned world).

boli
09-07-2014, 22:24
...try to lend aid to the high elves with regards to their population problem.

I think this is a family forum here :p

EvanM
09-07-2014, 22:27
I just would make it so that armies of rediculous sizes could be mustered, mostly of state troops and militias, but still.

I also think the gunnery school needs to start pumping out cooler war machines that can compete with magic for the level of damage they do, like howitzers or flame cannons or something crazy but also awesome.

Imperator64
09-07-2014, 22:47
A harem of elves.
Just that.

EvanM
09-07-2014, 22:50
hahaha elf harem... so I dont know if its a good idea to go down this path... but...
what would be the hot chick race of warhammer?

Sexiest_hero
10-07-2014, 04:16
Vampire counts with a side of Damons of chaos. I didn't say elves because stuck up *&^%^& is not a good look.

yabbadabba
10-07-2014, 05:50
Take a lump sum and resign. It's not worth the hassle.

Bingo the Fun Monkey
10-07-2014, 13:48
Doubtless, I attained this position of power with the shadowy influence of my patrons in marienberg...so I guess I'd pretty much base all my domestic and foreign policies on their needs. Perpetrate a war against bretonnia and tax their wine so the good folk of the empire have to shell out for more expensive elven imports? Sure thing. My legacy will be a 200 meter tall golden statue of me with a massive bulge in my pj's.

Rudra34
10-07-2014, 14:55
Try to live beyond 30.

Malagor
10-07-2014, 15:01
Didn't mean that :p (or maybe I did :shifty:).
But they need to start working at it and the college of mages or finest doctors should help them out with it.
One of the strongest allies should not fade away due to a issue like this.

Wesser
11-07-2014, 06:30
I'd probably fire the guy, who keeps drafting mutants into the state troops..... and whoever is in charge of getting shoes for the troopers....

Jind_Singh
11-07-2014, 06:47
On the Beastmen threat

1) hire ogre tribes wholesale
2) surround a forest and cleanse
3) repeat
4) invade forest with ARMY of wood cutters and clear out lots of under brush and trees

On the Greenskins threat

1) help out the dwarfs to secure/reclaim a stronghold or two
2) help shore up defence
3) build some defences and arm garrisons to watch over passes into the Empire
4) mine bomb sides of passes to create avalanches down passes to murder Greenskins waaghs

On chaos

1) mmmm not much as it's bleak going - other than build a few defences up north - issue is that they can come by sea OR overland so hard to defend

2) Skaven

Biggest threat by far and hardest to deal with!

Work with dwarfs to think of a way out of this one - vermin breed too fast and so hard to strike back at

Ogres to eat rat onnna stick sounds like a plan but hard to engage the rats into battle

On vampires

Tough call as the castles are built on bad spots -- high elves could help perhaps with designing s vortex using way stones - but massive amounts of troops and courage required here - again ogre and dwarf aide required - but worried how to persuade ogres to leave once the wars are all done!!!

EvanM
11-07-2014, 16:57
I think you should borrow BOATLOADS of money from tilean/estalian banks, build alliances with high elves, brettonia, kislev, and dwarfs and lead an army of all 5 of them against each of these threats.

conscript every man eligible into state troops and get every noble to lead these fresh armies to the front.

haha and with skaven the only way you win is if you find skavenblight, have teclis create a rift in the universe sucking himself and all of skavenblight into the chaos realm.

theJ
11-07-2014, 19:47
Well, if the timeline is still set to "storm in five minutes".... CONSCRIPT EVERYONE!!!
...and once Chaos has been well and truly mauled, lead my battlehardened troops to Sylvania and disassemble the whole damn place.
Once the immediate problems are dealt with, I'd work on the infrastructure and diplomatic relations with my allies. Improved infrastructure would both increase trade and safety(easier to pass information of threats and to ferry troops), and as such improve living conditions as well. Between good relations and living conditions, I have not only dramatically increased my odds against outside threats, but I would also be in a position to attempt to peacefully integrate my "lesser" neighbors into the imperial fold(such as marienburg and Laurelorn).

Keep going with the above until I am assasinated or an emergence arises, whichever happens first.

If the timeline is not set to "storm in five minutes"... just skip that step and go straight to kickin' tha' vamps outta mah' lands.

Petey
11-07-2014, 20:33
Actually I would be tempted to offer von carstien the electoral of Sylvania if he swears fealty to me. It might **** off the sigmarites, but that could give a lot of power in consolidating rule and strengthen the southern boarder

ltjawfa
11-07-2014, 21:54
If you could get the vampires to fight for you, this could take care of the skaven.

Gustav Kohn
11-07-2014, 23:07
Spend all my time playing warhammer.

BorderKing
12-07-2014, 00:36
Assuming I'm an elector with a province I'd marry the Tzarina so our child would be heir to my province and Kislev and integrate Kislev into the Empire(I don't think she's married, but if she is assassin her husband). I'd then strengthen alliances with other good races as best I could and wipe out Sylvania and Drakwald, as well as making Marienburg/the wasteland a province in it's own right with it's own runefang. I'd then introduce standardization so I could create a better industry as well as mass producing alot of ships so I could conquer Albion and Sartosa. I'd resettle the halflings on Albion and make it a province it it's own right and give them the last runefang. Before I died I'd create an organisation to deal with the growing threat of the skaven, as well as writing a book on everything I know about science that could help the empire.

EvanM
12-07-2014, 02:26
we should invent landmines and just block off the northern and eastern border with them....

haha chaos daemons stepping on land mines...

Sanai
12-07-2014, 02:48

I think the kiddies can handle the idea of the High Elves going into decline.

EvanM
13-07-2014, 00:37
haha dark elf harem..

Garoc the Dark
13-07-2014, 02:39
Make shaved ungors the new fad pet.

Soundwave
13-07-2014, 05:15
Find that imperial dragon that no one has ever seen.

Captain Collius
13-07-2014, 20:23
I actually have seen someone model it. It was epic

Imperator64
13-07-2014, 22:25
Make shaved ungors the new fad pet.
My girlfriend jumped after that made me bark out a laugh.

Freman Bloodglaive
16-07-2014, 09:34
Change my name to Valten.

And grow a luxurious manly beard.

Then I'd form an alliance with High Elves, Bretonnia and the Dwarfs and destroy every non-good race in the Warhammer world.