PDA

View Full Version : Heavens Slann?

MOMUS
09-07-2014, 18:00
Anyone use heavens on your Slann?

or come up against a strong heavens Slann list?

(no Tettoeko)

pinktaco
09-07-2014, 19:54
I've used it. Can be great fun. Good buffs/hexes and damage spells are S5/6. You won't delete big units, but you put hurt a lot of stuff. Besides, harmonic convergence is god mode on cowboys. Rerollable those 1s when you have great weapons is perfect.

The channel combo is always great so I'd go with that. Rest of the disciplinea are up to you, but I'd take the extra dispel discipline and saving a DD to PD.

Funny trick: bring a couple of priests with you. You'll need a scroll caddy anyway. Let them have heavens and try to take away the spells you don't want your slann to have by letting the priests roll first when deciding what spells to get.

I'd also take some salamanders with me. You'll need to put some pressure on big blocks and they're great for that.

At 2500pts taking heaven and the channel combo allows you to bring a fully kitted OB with armour of destiny, dawnstone and great weapon on a CO. That thing is a beast, especially with the harmonic spell.

Kayosiv
12-07-2014, 05:05
I use one. I've found it to be my favorite of all the lores. There's no specific spell I "need" from it nor is there a 25+ spell that needs to be cast. I like the small augments and hexes that I can reliably cast with 2-3 dice that it offers as well as potent magic missiles that can deal with armor where my skinks can't.

Alltaken
12-07-2014, 09:27
I really dont see the point when you have Tetoeko

Malagor
12-07-2014, 09:48
Some places don't allow special characters tho ;).
I haven't used it yet on my slann but I use it all the time on my skink priests. It's a fun lore to use and has some good buffs, debuffs and offensive spells.
It has everything and yet doesn't make people upset when you use it.

Captain Collius
12-07-2014, 13:08
Its also the only lore that brings multiple high strength magic missiles that aren't flaming to help take down monsters