PDA

View Full Version : Fast cav characters

Imperator64
10-07-2014, 15:26
What armies can have fast cav characters? I ask because its so damn useful for my woodies and i'd like to be able to brag at the small number of armies thst can do it. :)

Snake1311
10-07-2014, 15:57
High Elves
Dark Elves
Wood Elves
Goblins
Deamons
Warriors
Lizardmen

Its not that unique ;)

EvanM
10-07-2014, 16:07
I want an empire witch hunter on a horse with fast cav to ride around with pistoliers trying to pistol snipe people.... hehehe

biccat
10-07-2014, 16:08
Empire can have fast cavalry characters too.

edit: never mind, thought Pegasi had the "Flying Cavalry" rule.

HelloKitty
10-07-2014, 16:46
Do those characters also have the fast cav rule? Normally putting a character with fast cav removes the fast cav rule from the unit.

WhispersofBlood
10-07-2014, 17:23
High Elves can't have fast cav characters, just saying.

Imperator64
10-07-2014, 23:20
High Elves
Dark Elves
Wood Elves
Goblins
Deamons
Warriors
Lizardmen

Its not that unique ;)

Ah, quite a list. What are they then? I've got the helves book and I dont think they can have fast cav characters. Are you sure about dark elves, i've never seen it.
Goblins: is that wolf riders and can shamans ride wolves?
Daemons & warriors: is that steeds of slaanesh and can sorcerers ride them?
& lizardmen? You sure? I didn't think cold ones were fast cav. Cheers.

WhispersofBlood
10-07-2014, 23:33
Ah, quite a list. What are they then? I've got the helves book and I dont think they can have fast cav characters. Are you sure about dark elves, i've never seen it.
Goblins: is that wolf riders and can shamans ride wolves?
Daemons & warriors: is that steeds of slaanesh and can sorcerers ride them?
& lizardmen? You sure? I didn't think cold ones were fast cav. Cheers.

Dark Elves can Dark steeds have the fast cav rule.

boli
10-07-2014, 23:41
Actually that's a point; the mount has the fast cav rule I believe; so is the rule lost or gained?

If lost then I don't think *any* army has characters with fast cav.... Mounting say an eagle will loose it as well ditto any flying monster goodbye 3D6.

WhispersofBlood
11-07-2014, 00:14
Actually that's a point; the mount has the fast cav rule I believe; so is the rule lost or gained?

If lost then I don't think *any* army has characters with fast cav.... Mounting say an eagle will loose it as well ditto any flying monster goodbye 3D6.

You know what... I've checked pg 82 (cavalry), pg 104 (character mounts) and pg 68 (fast cavalry) and apparently it doesn't work...

Anyone have a rule example to show it does? Several builds are predicated on this interaction providing characters fast cav status. Namely Warlock bus.

Imperator64
11-07-2014, 00:48
Surely if a chatacter takes a mount with the fast cav rule then the model has the fast cav rule. Otherwise, why would the mount option list it as a rule? A mount option cannot be tsken by itself.

WhispersofBlood
11-07-2014, 00:56
Surely if a chatacter takes a mount with the fast cav rule then the model has the fast cav rule. Otherwise, why would the mount option list it as a rule? A mount option cannot be tsken by itself.

The rulebook is apparently very clear.

Pg 82. " Unless otherwise noted, Special rules that apply to the mount do not normally also apply to the rider, and vice versa. There are, however a few exceptions."

- fear, terror
- stupidity
- ITP, or immune to fear, terror, panic
- frenzy whole model has berserk rage, only model with frenzy gets extra attack

That's all the exceptions listed, can't find an exception for fast cav.

Sexiest_hero
11-07-2014, 01:01
Is it in a faq? I can't belive the world has been playing O@G wolf bosses wrong the whole edition.

Josfer
11-07-2014, 01:01
so no flying characters (aka non-flying characters on flying mounts making 20" swoops)?

Sinsigel
11-07-2014, 01:04
Is it in a faq? I can't belive the world has been playing O@G wolf bosses wrong the whole edition.

Page 3 from latest FAQ(funny to say this because more than a year has passed since it was released...)

Page 82 – Cavalry, Cavalry and Special Rules.
Add “If the mount has the Fast Cavalry special rule, then the
whole model has it.” to the list of exceptions.

WhispersofBlood
11-07-2014, 01:07
Page 3 from latest FAQ(funny to say this because more than a year has passed since it was released...)

Page 82 – Cavalry, Cavalry and Special Rules.
Add “If the mount has the Fast Cavalry special rule, then the
whole model has it.” to the list of exceptions.

Few was starting to think I was losing my mind, anyone have the links for the faq's I think I'll just save them to my hard drive incase GW decides to move them again.

Josfer
11-07-2014, 01:15
http://www.blacklibrary.com/Downloads/Product/ZIP/Warhammer.zip

It's the link to the "all FAQ" download.

WhispersofBlood
11-07-2014, 01:25
Thanks for that, wanted to check them but computer went up in flames no file transfers for me...

Alltaken
11-07-2014, 01:47
Lizardmen have it on flying skinks

Urgat
11-07-2014, 06:36
is that wolf riders and can shamans ride wolves?

Yes, and yes. Well, giant spiders have fast cav too, btw, just shamans can't ride them.