PDA

View Full Version : Swedish comp lizards 2400

MOMUS
13-07-2014, 10:34
Going to be attending Swedish comp tournament this year, hopefully I can do well with the lizards.
comp pack: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2lz09ix85sxzrid/Swedish%20Comp%20System%20v1.13.2.pdf
I've been doing quite well with the following list:

Slann -35
Death-15
BSB -12
Ld banner -4

Oldblood -8
armour of destiny, magic carpet

Priest -5
Scroll -7

Vet -5
charm shield, dragon gem, GW, armour of fortune,
Cold one -4

Vet -5
Cold one -6
LA, dragon helm, GW
Dawnstone -3

Chief -2
spear, LA, shield, ruby ring
Terradon -3*

Chief -4
Spear, LA, enchanted shield, foolhardiness potion
Terra -8*

29 skinks -4
20 skinks -3
20 skinks -3
10 skinks -2 krox -2
15 skirmishers -2

8 Camo -1 (-3)**
8 camo -6 -4 (-6)**
3 terra -3 -15*
Bast -3 solar-5

Razordon -3
Sallie -8

*terradon multiple unit modifer
**skirmisher multiple unit modifier
for the Swedish comp event I've now changed it to:

Slann -35
Metal
BSB -12
Ld banner -4

Oldblood -8
Carpet, armour of destiny

Priest -5
Lvl 2 -3
Scroll -7

Vet -5
armour of fortune, GW, dragon gem, charm shield
Cold one -4

Vet -5
Cold one -6
GW, LA, dragon helm
Dawnstone -3

Chief -2
spear, shield, LA
Ripper -2

Chief -4
Spear, LA, enchanted shield
Terra -3

29 skinks -4
20 skinks -3
20 skinks -3
10 skinks -2 krox -2
15 skirmishers -2

7 Camo (-3)
7 camo -7 (-6)
3 terra -3 -8
Bast -3 solar-5

Razordon -3
Sallie -8

The biggest change I have made is dropping death on the Slann, this is a massive change and will really change my match ups. I think I could struggle against nurgle daemons and ogres and originally I had thought of heavens but I'm thinking of metal (both metal and heavens have no comp modifier) which will help me against empire, WoC and most MC.
Also due to dropping such a powerful lore on my lvl4 I've added a level on the skink priest, mainly to give me more chance to roll comet which is very good for my list.
Next I wasn't really happy with the terradon comp, (as my chiefs counted as units when mounted on terradons) so I got multiple modifiers. Originally I thought about dropping the terradons and spending the 100 or so points, instead I got rid of the ruby ring (waste) and mounted the chief on a ripper. I would like add the potion of strength of the quango egg into him to complement his mounts can-opening ability but need points.
Core stays the same as I've been using this a lot and it's written specially for Swedish comp in mind (I could take lots of skirmishers but the multiple unit modifiers are too prohibitive.
Lastly I dropped 2 chameleons to save me 4 comp points, which I thought was fair.

ewar
16-07-2014, 22:49
It looks like a solid list and I think you're right, you'll get more mileage from Metal than Heavens. I would really like to play against this with my tomb kings as I think it would be quite a cagey fight! Not sure how it would play out, I run Arkhan, S7 light council, archers, tomb guard, titan and necroknights.

How do you deal with big blocks with this list? I know the Saurus characters add punch but don't you just get combat res'd by losing skinks hand over fist?

Also what do you do against 1+ armour like stanks, skullcrushers etc? I know Searing Doom is powerful but between scrolls and so on it's not too impossible to defend against.

MOMUS
17-07-2014, 02:31
It looks like a solid list and I think you're right, you'll get more mileage from Metal than Heavens. I would really like to play against this with my tomb kings as I think it would be quite a cagey fight! Not sure how it would play out, I run Arkhan, S7 light council, archers, tomb guard, titan and necroknights..

Well maybe you will get a chance to play it, think we've attended a couple of the same tournaments I the past?
ive got tribute, stormlords, blood and glory + bjorn lined up this year.

How do you deal with big blocks with this list? I know the Saurus characters add punch but don't you just get combat res'd by losing skinks hand over fist?

Also what do you do against 1+ armour like stanks, skullcrushers etc? I know Searing Doom is powerful but between scrolls and so on it's not too impossible to defend against.

Big blocks are usually just avoided! or purple sunned, maybe doom and darkness and a sallie shot. I rather snipe out the characters and sacrifice some skinks. I used to use high magic with fiery convo to deal with them. Now I have final trans, which is actually good horde control -taking out a third and potentially taking some characters.

skull crushers and most MC or small units of MI are perfect targets for the vets/oldblood. Stanks are susceptible to death magic but with metal...err...6 dice searing doom FTW?!?!

ewar
17-07-2014, 23:18
Yeah, we've been to a couple I think but never run into each other. I have been out of them for a while though (last one I went to was in November 2013) as had a second baby and it kind of rains on hobby weekends! However I'm actually going to the Midlands GT next weekend (and painting like crazy at the moment...)

I haven't take the 8th ed LM book to any big tournaments (just the doubles one I went to last November) so I'm not really that familiar with their competitive builds any more. However I presume in your list above the Old Blood has a great weapon?

MOMUS
18-07-2014, 00:52
Yeah, we've been to a couple I think but never run into each other. I have been out of them for a while though (last one I went to was in November 2013) as had a second baby and it kind of rains on hobby weekends! However I'm actually going to the Midlands GT next weekend (and painting like crazy at the moment...)

I haven't take the 8th ed LM book to any big tournaments (just the doubles one I went to last November) so I'm not really that familiar with their competitive builds any more. However I presume in your list above the Old Blood has a great weapon?

Ah ive never been to the midlands open! Do a write up or take some pics, I hear good things about it. :)

I don't think the 8th book is openly that powerful, skink cloud and double cav bus seems to be it mainly. And always tettoekko:no:
Yea all saurus characters with GW to dish the hurt with predatory fighter.