PDA

View Full Version : Common Goblins....Help needed.

Time of Madness
13-07-2014, 13:30
Over the last couple of months I've played a bunch of various "common" goblin lists with some success, but mostly failure :)

I'm attempting to make a competitive 2000pt list using only "common" goblin unit/war machines.

So the units I'm only willing to take include the following

- Goblin warboss/big boss
- Goblin shaman
- Goblins
- Goblin wolf riders
- Wolf Chariots
- Chukkas/divers/lobba's

My special and rare selections are basically decided I'd like to stick to the following for now

Wolf Chariot X 3 (3 individual chariots)
Spear Chukka's X 4
Doom Divers X2
Rock Lobbers X2

Comes in at 620pts leaving me a whack load to spend on characters and core.

In the past I've taken one large unit of goblin archers with bows and a bsb with the spider banner for some posion fun. This build has been solid in some games, but certain armies have easily removed it from play (usually with a combination of things).

For the goblin players out there how would you set the core of your army up I'd like to take at least 2 units of 5 wolf riders to go after warmachines etc.

Anyways here's the list I've been working on.

CHARACTERS

Goblin Warboss (General)
- Sword of Might
- Shield
- Armour of Destiny
= 138pts

Goblin Great Shaman
- Level 4
- Ruby Ring
= 205pts

Goblin Big Boss (BSB)
- Short Bow
- Light Armour/Shield
- Spider Banner
= 151pts

Goblin Shaman
- Level 2
- Dispel Scroll
= 115pts

Goblin Big Boss
- Great Weapon
- Short Bow
- Iconcurse Icon
= 46pts

Goblin Big Boss
- Great Weapon
- Short Bow
= 41pts

Goblin Big Boss
- Great Weapon
- Short Bow
= 41pts

Goblin Big Boss
- Great Weapon
- Short Bow
= 41pts

CORE

51 Goblins
***Warboss, BSB and 4 Big Bosses Here 10x6 Formation***
- Full Command
- Short bows
- 3 Nasty Skulkers
= 238.5pts

50 Goblins (5X10 formation)
- Full Command
- Short bows
- 1 Skulker
= 215pts

5 Wolf Riders
- Musician
- Short Bow
- Spear/Shield
= 75pts

5 Wolf Riders
- Musician
- Short Bow
- Spear/Shield
= 75pts

SPECIAL

Wolf Chariot
= 50pts

Wolf Chariot
= 50pts

Wolf Chariot
= 50pts

Spear Chukka
= 35pts

Spear Chukka
= 35pts

Spear Chukka
= 35pts

Spear Chukka
= 35pts

RARE

Rock Lobba
= 85pts

Rock Lobba
= 85pts

Doom Diver
= 80pts

Doom Diver
= 80pts

TOTAL POINTS = 1999.5pts

I could replace the extra unit of 50 goblins in bus formation with some large unit of hammer type wolf rider units?

Time of Madness

smokemeakipper
13-07-2014, 13:58
i play forest (common) goblins and i have all my goblins with s bows and shields the 5+ save 6+ parry saves a lot of goblins. i would divide your 100 goblins so 80 in 1 unit and 20 in the other. the unit of 20 is to hide the shamans. id mount one of your big bosses on a wolf to go after soft targets like cannon crew or lone wizards. a unit of 3 bigbosses on gigantic spiders is a fun unit if you are keen to try something different

Oogie boogie boss
14-07-2014, 09:46
I'd try and find the points to add some Trolls. You need some more hitting power in your list and they fit with the theme.

EvanM
16-07-2014, 20:47
Trolls are cheap in pts and they don't really go against your theme here...

I kind of agree that you need a cheap bunker unit for your wizards because the way I see you winning is by getting like an insane amount of war machine shots off (Ong are great for this) and then poison arrows are cool too.

Maybe if there was just more chaff to slow the enemy down? Or you could use your big bosses not in a unit and just run them into people to stop them up for a turn. You need to shoot as much as possible.

Units of 1 troll can be chaff too and also hammer stuff, or a unit of them to really hit some guys hard in the flanks when you fight Em.

Having lots of these small units (war machines/ chariots) gives you lots of deployment drops too.

Too bad their isn't gobblin big 'uns!!

russellmoo
17-07-2014, 17:26
Trolls are good, but without great leadership trolls tend to suffer. I would look to increase hitting power by adding in some goblin big bosses on wolfs. You could then flank charge with a large unit of goblins engaging to the front, cast sneaky stabbin and you just might be able to win a combat, or at least kill a lot if the enemy.

EvanM
17-07-2014, 19:52
when i play skaven my core units (when deployed in horde) really need 60 men even. 60 gobs in horde is good! i think flanking with anything would also be good.