PDA

View Full Version : shooting at a unit with one rank and file and a character left

gorblud
15-07-2014, 23:47
When shooting with a doom diver catapult at such a unit, do all hits go towards the single rank and file model that is left?

TKerrygan
16-07-2014, 02:42
The owner of the unit allocate the hits. He/her cannot allocate a second hit to a model if all the others models in the units do not have one hit too. (And a 3th, 4th, and so on). Is somewhere in the manual. In shooting, I guess.

Mr_Rose
16-07-2014, 04:09
If there are less than five rank and file models, or if the character is of a different troop type to the unit, you allocate hits before rolling to wound. You have to allocate hits one to each model until you run out of hits and you can only allocate a second hit to a given model once all the others have received their first hit, and so on.

gorblud
16-07-2014, 10:13
okay thanks!

bigbiggles
17-07-2014, 06:21
With BS based shooting the character type does not matter. Other than that Mr rose is right on

Mr_Rose
17-07-2014, 08:36
With BS based shooting the character type does not matter. Other than that Mr rose is right on

Go read page 99 again, and look out for the phrase "or the character is of a different troop type" in there.

bigbiggles
17-07-2014, 18:51
Hmmm, I was wrong. Guess I just never considered putting hits on the character first as an option

Myster2
17-07-2014, 23:07
For some reason I was thinking you randomize at this point but I guess thats only if there is another character command group in the front rank?

WhispersofBlood
17-07-2014, 23:14
For some reason I was thinking you randomize at this point but I guess thats only if there is another character command group in the front rank?

There is only one instance of randomization I can think off the top of my head, and that is bolt throwers with multiple characters in the front rank.