PDA

View Full Version : mamluk army idea: which army?

EvanM
17-07-2014, 04:03
Fast cav, elite,Bows, BS4... which army best represents this?

I was thinking an army of TONS of ellyrian reavers with silver helms (different models/paint job than usual) to be a mamluk horse archer force.

like maybe 6 units of 5 reavers with bows, or units of 10 even, then some 15 man units of silver helms as the heavy mamluks with some mounted characters but mainly just fast cav EVERYWHERE.

too lazy to do this but i love middle eastern medieval armies and this would be cool.

Sanai
17-07-2014, 05:04
I think High Elves are probably your best bet as you say (as they tick the fast cav box, cav with bows, heavier melee cav, etc).

The only other army I can think of is Tomb Kings, but then you have to deal with the fact that all your cavalrymen have the undead rule, not to mention that you probably need chariots and stuff aswell.

Josfer
17-07-2014, 05:40
AFAIK Ellyrian Reavers can't be bought solo, only in Island of Blood, so you might have to be patient and snatch them off ebay or something.

Another army you should have a look at are wood elves. Glade Guards are essentially better reavers (6" more on the bow AND AP on both bow and spear and ambushers AND different arrows available) for your purposes and you have wild riders (frenzy and 4+AS), sisters of thorn (BS5, 4++) and wildhawk riders (MCav, flying) as heavier versions. AND everything is Fast Cav, so you can vanguard and run circles around your enemy with your whole army.
...Biggest problem is armor, so your heavy cav will have 4+AS max, silver helms are obviously a better representation of that. But if you want to play it in a long run, I'd prefer an army with more variations and choices.

EvanM
17-07-2014, 05:40
undead mamluks.... interesting. I dont know, probably HE is best for this.

infamousme
20-07-2014, 14:55
Its been some time since i have looked through anything whfb. Are silver helms back to a core spot in the high elf army?

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2

Josfer
20-07-2014, 14:59
Yes, silver helms are core.