PDA

View Full Version : more than 10 wounds?

gorblud
17-07-2014, 08:50
How do you measure wounds? If you have 5 wounds and lose one, do you have 4/5 wounds left or simply have 4 wounds? I'm asking since there are spells that gives the caster more wounds (note: not healing)

Mr_Rose
17-07-2014, 09:03
It's confusingly laid out in the rulebook but the best way to play it is to do like it says for multiple wound units and keep a count of "wounds taken" and remove the model when that count equals or exceeds the number on the profile. Then you can modify the profile with things like soul drain or whatever to your heart's content and still keep track when things like the potion of healing remove counters.

gorblud
17-07-2014, 09:30
Not quite sure I understand.

If you use soul drain to get 10 wounds on your profile and then take a wound so that you have 9 wounds. Can you use soul drain to get 10 wounds again or would this be impossible since that would mean your profile has more than 10 wounds?

Don't even know if this is possible in 6 turns but lets assume it is.

Mr_Rose
17-07-2014, 11:37
To answer your question directly, no; you already have ten wounds.
Keep a pile of "wound markers" or some other aide memoire handy to note how many wounds a model has taken separately from the number of wounds on its profile. Soul drain affects the profile while healing abilities that affect "wounds suffered" reduce the number if wound markers associated with the model.
Otherwise it just gets ridiculous.

Josfer
17-07-2014, 11:43
It's at least possible (although really rare) on a lore of nurgle caster as he can get +1W each time he successfully casts a spell.

I'd play it as Mr_Rose suggested, if you get a wound, you increase W, if you regain a lost wound, you remove a "wounds taken" counter.

gorblud
17-07-2014, 12:06
yeah this was what I thought but my friend said otherwise and we couldn't really find anything. The situation never arose anyway so it's all good. thanks for you answers!