PDA

View Full Version : Do items upgraded with dwarf runes become magical?

Ben81
17-07-2014, 10:13
Hi, simple question that I hope is covered in the dwarf book (which I dont have). If a dwarf character has runes on his items do they then become magical? Just wondering as I was looking at the high elf rules for cloak of beards and BotWD, as well as arcane unforging.

furrie
17-07-2014, 10:37
Yes, a runic item is just a magic item that you can create by combining runes.

Itsacon
17-07-2014, 11:40
Yes, and it's important to note that hits from Dwarven warmachines that have runes also count as magical.

Heirube
17-07-2014, 11:56
And a reminder to noobs like me: Magic Resistance does nothing against these things. It is only good for DD and MM spells that cause save-able Wounds.

Yes, I had fooled myself into thinking MR(3) would make my unit nearly impenetrable by Dwarven runed (and therefore magical attacks) artillery . . . not so! Durrrrrrrr.

/drools in a corner

Josfer
17-07-2014, 13:17
Not only DD and MM spells, cacophonic choir is a hex and it works against the hits of that too.

...or can you show me why not?

furrie
17-07-2014, 13:29
If I'm correct magic resitance states that it works against wounds caused by spells, so it should work against any spell that wounds. It should be listed under magic resistance

Heirube
21-07-2014, 13:03
"A model with MR has a bonus to its ward saves when saving against damage caused by spells." You are right as far as I can tell :)

But the point remains that it does nothing against damage from runed dwarf items, warmachines or any other magical items attacks in the game other than spells.