PDA

View Full Version : Do you think that Space Wolves will get Grav Weapons?

Gingerwerewolf
18-07-2014, 13:32
Do you think Space Wolves will get Grav Weapons.

Do you think that they should?

nosebiter
18-07-2014, 13:37
Yes.

Yes. They are an old Legion, it would make sense they had access to thhe old and rare tech.

Sanai
18-07-2014, 14:01
No, for the same reason that Blood Angels/Dark Angels/etc shouldn't get Thunderfire Cannons, Stormtalons, Centurions etc.

The space marine codex needs to have distinct options not available to other marine codexes- its sole distinction from other codices shouldn't be what it lacks.

SirBlackmane
18-07-2014, 14:14
Not to be blunt, but I really don't care. That's what allied vanilla marines are for, in those rare cases where you actually need grav. What would I much prefer to see?

Reliable source of haywire
Axes that swing above I1
Bran Redmaw model
Not obscene pricing on our special characters
The ability to add wolves to regular squads or specialized mixed units
Plastic Wulfen
Terminators that retain their customizability while not costing half again as much as their vanilla brethren
A return for the wolf guard to combat squadding and heavy weapons every 3
An open topped fast vehicle with AV 13 or 14 on the front and capacity 16-20, I don't care if it dies turn 2 as long as it gets our guys into combat
Contemptor stats and/or a 4+ invulnerable on Bjorn
Synergy between special characters and their companies (eg Redmaw and Wulfen, Ragnar and Blood Claws)
A MC and/or flyer that doesn't make me cringe
A return to space Vikings in the fluff that happened to bring their wolves with them into combat occasionally
The 13th company (although a supplement for this is cool)
Our psychic powers back, along with us being able to effectively defend against psychic again
Effective AA options, unlike the Hunter/Stalker kit

Sorry for the rant, but that's my Wishlist. Grav isn't close to being a priority.

MajorWesJanson
18-07-2014, 14:46
No. Grav will remain a Vanilla book exclusive. Hunter/Stalker will likely port over though. Maybe the Storm Raven as well.

gwarsh41
18-07-2014, 14:48
I agree with others. Grav and Centurions is what give SM and their alternative chapter tactics the oomph they need to be different. If SW, DA and BA started to get those options, SM would just be.... crappy.

SirBlackmane - Wouldn't it just be super awesome if Ragnar could boost the WS of any blood claw squad he is in to 4? Something about inspiring presence, or the blood claws fighting their best to try to improve him? Hell, even if it is a once per game, like his war howl is +1A and +1WS.

SirBlackmane
18-07-2014, 15:24
Wouldn't it just be super awesome if Ragnar could boost the WS of any blood claw squad he is in to 4? Something about inspiring presence, or the blood claws fighting their best to try to improve him? Hell, even if it is a once per game, like his war howl is +1A and +1WS.

Yes. Something like this would be amazing, and is exactly what I meant by synergy. I like the way you think, sir.

Dkoz
18-07-2014, 16:02
If SW and BA don't get access to grav weapons I hope GW gives them a some cool options available only to them. However both chapters should be able to take grav weapons.

MyNameDidntFit
18-07-2014, 16:08
An open topped fast vehicle with AV 13 or 14 on the front and capacity 16-20, I don't care if it dies turn 2 as long as it gets our guys into combat

Brilliant. Take an assault vehicle that's nearly as manoeuvrable as the Dark Eldar, remove it's only weakness and increase the capacity!

MagicHat
18-07-2014, 16:31
I think they will get them, and that it wont matter much in the long run, as they wont get centurions, their bikes are worse then vanilla and foot-slogging grav is... lackluster.

Grndhog89
18-07-2014, 16:35
If SW and BA don't get access to grav weapons I hope GW gives them a some cool options available only to them. However both chapters should be able to take grav weapons.

And why shouldn't DA?

Myster2
18-07-2014, 16:40
Instead of grav weapons I would rather see
1) Redesign wolf claws to be significantly different than lightning claws.
2) Recreate the psychic abilities, or just write them into 7th.
3) Come up with a vehicle that is unique.
4) Rebalance costs
5) Let fenrisian wolves join squads or be core without canis.

SirBlackmane
18-07-2014, 17:17
Brilliant. Take an assault vehicle that's nearly as manoeuvrable as the Dark Eldar, remove it's only weakness and increase the capacity!
You like that? In truth, it was inspired by the Dark Eldar, whom I recently sold off, but looking for something a bit more unique. AV 13/11/10, for 100-120 points is more expensive than DE options, wouldn't come with nifty poison cannons, but just focus on ferrying troops into the fray, for much less than a land raider. I'd buy them.

Lord Damocles
18-07-2014, 17:37
Yeah sure.

Make the different Marines more like the other Marines. Then you can give the different Marines something new to make them more different.

Wait, what..?

gwarsh41
18-07-2014, 17:42
You like that? In truth, it was inspired by the Dark Eldar, whom I recently sold off, but looking for something a bit more unique. AV 13/11/10, for 100-120 points is more expensive than DE options, wouldn't come with nifty poison cannons, but just focus on ferrying troops into the fray, for much less than a land raider. I'd buy them.

Pretty sure he was trying to be sarcastic. I would love to see a non land raider assault vehicle for marines some time. Though it seems that the assault oriented chapters don't need it that much. BA have jump packs, DA have bikes, SW have GIANT FREAKING WOLVES!

Lord Damocles
18-07-2014, 18:45
BA have jump packs
Also a flying brick which somehow works as an assault vehicle.

Giving Marines more assault vehicles would likely just put us back in 3rd edition, but with [new assult vehicle] Rush instead of Rhino Rush.

Wolfyjoe
18-07-2014, 19:00
Why shouldn't Space Wolves have grav? They're a fist founding chapter. IMO all the first foundings should have access to the same or equivalent wargear. That's their right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freakiq
18-07-2014, 19:46
I could see GW giving Grav access to the Blood Angels and Dark Angels but not the wolves, seeing as they don't use any of the kits that include Grav Weaponry.

Charistoph
18-07-2014, 19:50
Why shouldn't Space Wolves have grav? They're a fist founding chapter. IMO all the first foundings should have access to the same or equivalent wargear. That's their right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just like the First Legion, right?

If they only go by what's in the Wolf box, I wouldn't get excited.

And as one pointed out, Grav sucks without Relentless/ SnP. 18" Salvo is anemic on foot.

Grok
18-07-2014, 21:36
I do not see why they shouldn't have the option. Even if its not in thier actual kit, they wear power armor = all the other marine kites work for them and with them.
Also I'm not a fan of diversity just for diversity's sake. The fact that normal marine have it doesn't mean the wolves shouldn't just so they'll be differant. This is why they have differant composition, unites, characters and style. The gear is irrelevant in this case in my view.

Charistoph
18-07-2014, 22:00
I do not see why they shouldn't have the option. Even if its not in thier actual kit, they wear power armor = all the other marine kites work for them and with them.
Also I'm not a fan of diversity just for diversity's sake. The fact that normal marine have it doesn't mean the wolves shouldn't just so they'll be differant. This is why they have differant composition, unites, characters and style. The gear is irrelevant in this case in my view.

If the Frost Weapons become regular Power Weapons, you may have a point. But then, I don't remember seeing a lot of the hand flamers and inferno weapons from the Blood Angels in Codex: Space Marines. I don't remember seeing Frost Axes in Codex: Space Marines, either. Gear access is part of what defines the separate Marine codices as much as their Tactics and Special Characters. It still can be done with one codex, but it's unlikely.

ehlijen
18-07-2014, 22:33

Without diversity, why make separate books? The whole point of the exercise is to make them not the same, and that means leaving the base codex with something the others don't get to avoid everyone else being the ol' Marines+1 again.

facepalm
18-07-2014, 23:00
DA and BA will most likely get access to it on bikes and infantry same as normal marines but wont get Cents, SW will almost certainly get neither and they shouldn't, its one of the few Aces that normal marine have over the other power armored factions. Surely SW players wouldn't want them anyway, I think riptides are awesome but i wouldn't want every army to have one, i would like something unique to that army as good as but different. Would you rather not have an option unique to SWs but comparable to grav weapons?

MajorWesJanson
18-07-2014, 23:55
Instead of grav weapons I would rather see
1) Redesign wolf claws to be significantly different than lightning claws.
2) Recreate the psychic abilities, or just write them into 7th.
3) Come up with a vehicle that is unique.
4) Rebalance costs
5) Let fenrisian wolves join squads or be core without canis.

1. Wolf Claws are one of the unnessecary things with a poor name that really should be dropped.
2. Yes, give Wolves their own Runic Powers discipline
3. I would like to see Wolves get the Russ tank back, with several of the variants (say the Russ, Exterminator, and Vanquisher), as a single vehicle that can be upgrades to SM crew (BS4)
4. Yes.
5. Maybe make them work like Tau Drones?

Looking at the points costs for the units in Stormclaw:
Krom is about 20 points less than a similarly equipped Wolf Lord would be. Maybe Belt of Russ is built in now?
Wolf Guard have a character in there, and are 15 points cheaper than the same loadout currently. Probably savings in the TDA and/or Storm Shield.
Grey Hunters have a Sergeant upgrade (+1A but not +1 LD) in there, and work out to the same price (assuming a 10 point sarge tax) but don't seem to have a chainsword built in anymore- looks like BP/Bolter base, can trade the bolter for a special weapon or power weapon, and one has a plasma Pistol and chainsword. It doesn't mention it, but I'd suspect the bolter can be traded for a chainsword for free, and the bolt pistol upgraded to a plasma pistol (the stormclaw model having a BP still could be an oversight)
Blood Claws have a sergeant character (+1A but not +1 LD), BP and chainsword, and are 5 points cheaper for the same loadout in the old book. Again, assuming a 10 point sergeant tax, and wargear probably staying the same, Blood claws seem to have dropped 3 points per model. They also lost headstrong and bezerk charge, getting Rage instead (now that berzerk charge and Rage are the same thing)

dangerboyjim
19-07-2014, 01:13
Pretty sure it's a no.

The alternative is they recut a whole bunch of sprues to include grav guns.

So...

Nubl0
19-07-2014, 01:31
At the end of the day If wolf players really want them they can just ally in some normal marines and model/paint them up like wolves anyway. Then say they are from a different grand company.

Losing Command
19-07-2014, 02:39
Even if SW don't get them (which could be possible, with them disliking certain kinds of tech like teleporting chambers) it is rather silly that DA don't have them, who supposedly have more ancient and arcance tech and weapons than other chapters.

Sanai
19-07-2014, 05:27
Even if SW don't get them (which could be possible, with them disliking certain kinds of tech like teleporting chambers) it is rather silly that DA don't have them, who supposedly have more ancient and arcance tech and weapons than other chapters.

This is working on the assumption that chapters don't have certain weapons solely because they can't get them. Remember that there are numerous other reasons that certain chapters don't have certain weapons- sometimes a chapters predilection for a certain weapon type causes them to exclude other weapons (Salamanders with their love of flamers and meltas don't carry much plasma or grav, Dark Angels have so much plasma weaponry that other special weapons wont be as used, White Scars love speed so much they don't really use dreadnoughts, etc). In other cases, tradition can be a factor, or maybe a chapter simply doesn't want to bargain with the mechanicum for a fancy weapon that they don't feel is needed.

Wolf Lord Balrog
19-07-2014, 08:54

This is what I am hoping for, an option unique to the Space Wolves. And preferably not something lame.

Ironbone
19-07-2014, 11:42
Will SW get grav guns ? Personaly - I don't care. Gravs are waaaay more gentle to my guradsmen than, say, plasma guns.

And preferably not something lame.
Wich is exactly what they will have. Vechicle with stupid wolf-related name just for sake of having vechicle with wolf-related name :D.

Sanai
19-07-2014, 11:51
Will SW get grav guns ? Personaly - I don't care. Gravs are waaaay more gentle to my guradsmen than, say, plasma guns.

Wich is exactly what they will have. Vechicle with stupid wolf-related name just for sake of having vechicle with wolf-related name :D.

Or GW can save themselves the effort of making a new vehicle & kit and just let Space Wolves take Leman Russ Exterminators.

Grok
19-07-2014, 12:25
Without diversity, why make separate books? The whole point of the exercise is to make them not the same, and that means leaving the base codex with something the others don't get to avoid everyone else being the ol' Marines+1 again.
My point was that there is, or could be, enough diversity in other areas to make it a truely seperate codex and not just marines+1 even without denying such a tech from them. Frost axes, inferno pistols and the more specialized weapons make sense to be restricted to the chapters that invented them, but grav technology is just a normal, yet old tech, as far as I know. Ofc my argument is centerd mainly on the fluff, not gameplay, since it is more important to me so I realise it might not hold for meny people.

Sanai
19-07-2014, 13:14
I'd honestly picture Space Wolves using some kind of projectile weapon- like a mini rotor cannon or harpoon launcher or even just use storm bolters as a special.

Fox Of 9
19-07-2014, 13:19
I'd like them to get a special form of assault dop.. That allows charges from it but no turn 1 deep strike. (In fact i'd like all marine armies to have this..) Not at the 35 bargain bin price more near 5o-75pts range or so.

David

Ironbone
19-07-2014, 13:54
I'd like them to get a special form of assault dop.. That allows charges from it but no turn 1 deep strike. (In fact i'd like all marine armies to have this..) Not at the 35 bargain bin price more near 5o-75pts range or so.

David
Not gonna happen. In fact, for good reasons charge after DS is disalloved - it would be simply game breakinig to appear from nowhere, etrierly bypassin enemy shooting, and proceed to tearing enemy apart. Vanguards at lest had this ability only on (quite accordingly expensive) jump packs, and do not shared it with joined IC. Especialy with 6" disembark, player can correct most of all but the very worst scaters, makeing this far too relaible.

AngryAngel
19-07-2014, 15:00
Not gonna happen. In fact, for good reasons charge after DS is disalloved - it would be simply game breakinig to appear from nowhere, etrierly bypassin enemy shooting, and proceed to tearing enemy apart. Vanguards at lest had this ability only on (quite accordingly expensive) jump packs, and do not shared it with joined IC. Especialy with 6" disembark, player can correct most of all but the very worst scaters, makeing this far too relaible.

I feel a great disturbance in the thread force, as if this very topic was deeply hashed out, then suddenly silenced by disinterest.

However, yeah I don't think it will happen and when it does, if ever, it will be a dawning of a new age of CC bringing balance to the game, much like Anakin brought balance to the force.

infamousme
19-07-2014, 15:58
To those who are saying things such as (paraphrasing here) "space wolves should only get what's on their sprues" and "they would have to recut the sprues".

Space wolf sprues only have plasma guns on them currently. By your mindset, sw can't even take flamers or meltaguns as it currently stands.

To the op, my answer would be, why not? I probably wouldn't use them, but hey, the option is there.

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2

Charistoph
20-07-2014, 03:38
To those who are saying things such as (paraphrasing here) "space wolves should only get what's on their sprues" and "they would have to recut the sprues".

Space wolf sprues only have plasma guns on them currently. By your mindset, sw can't even take flamers or meltaguns as it currently stands.

It just makes it a long shot is all. GW has had a habit of not allowing options, no matter how good, just because they aren't included in a sprue. Still unlike many other things, it IS possible.

infamousme
20-07-2014, 03:42
It just makes it a long shot is all. GW has had a habit of not allowing options, no matter how good, just because they aren't included in a sprue. Still unlike many other things, it IS possible.

I was just clarifying for those with no experience on tje space wolf kit... though i do think that the older space wolf accessory sprue is still available by direct order and it has a meltagun iirc :D

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2

Brother Vaneb
20-07-2014, 09:58

David

Why not a d6 disembark to represent the sudden strike and deployment. Keeps it random but without the land and stand!

Valaskjalf1414
20-07-2014, 10:13
I think SW will get access to Grav for the simple reason that GW probably loves them even more than Eldar. Theyve had the strongest Marine codex for a number of Editions now, still very competitive and more well-rounded with their 5th ed codex (sans flyers) and it will probably be even better and more varied than the Current SM codex. No way will GW not give all the goodies and more to their most favoured spoiled child.

Vipoid
20-07-2014, 15:10
Obviously the answer is 'no'.

Instead, Space Wolves will get Grav Wolves - Wolves in the shape of wolf-shaped guns, which run alongside their space wolf owners until they are needed - whereupon they transform into guns in the shape of gun-shaped-wolves, which use wolf-gravity generators to fire wolf-gravity wolf-howls from their wolf-barrels at the enemies of wolves.

Brother-Captain Endymion
20-07-2014, 17:23
Obviously the answer is 'no'.

Instead, Space Wolves will get Grav Wolves - Wolves in the shape of wolf-shaped guns, which run alongside their space wolf owners until they are needed - whereupon they transform into guns in the shape of gun-shaped-wolves, which use wolf-gravity generators to fire wolf-gravity wolf-howls from their wolf-barrels at the enemies of wolves.
Hilarious. And sad, because its probably true.

I'll parrot what a lot of the others have said. They shouldn't, but they probably will. I, however, don't even think they should get an alternative. It would be better if they just had something different altogether.

Space Wolves are supposed to be about close-ranged shooting, correct? Give them a new, kick-ass template weapon of some kind. Or something that would allow them to make it to combat easier, such as an open-topped transport. I don't agree with giving them the Russ again, as you can easily ally in Guard for that.

Keep the Marine 'dexes different. The only codex I'd like to see gain Grav is DA. It makes sense with their cache of old tech. Even then, maybe only give it to the Ravenwing/Deathwing.

* Vanilla Codex has Centurions (and grav guns aplenty).
* DA has DW/RW, but could use Grav with those squads only.
* BA has enough already (flying assault brick, handflamers, etc).
* SW could use a bit of love, but something different than the others. I like the idea of an open-topped, fast transport (though not AV13-14 - maybe AV11-12).

Stormxlr
21-07-2014, 01:14
SW are not a very strong in tech department so more rare and hard to upkeep grav weaponry would be either more expensive in points for them or just should exist at all. They all about CC, not strategic shooting of specific tragets which grav weaponry is about.
I would like to see a frost template weapon perhaps and a snow buggy of some sort as people mentioned.

Wolf Lord Balrog
21-07-2014, 01:44
According to a couple reports up in News and Rumors Space Wolves will be getting a flyer with something called a Helfrost Cannon, with its own special rule called 'Helfrost'. Maybe their other units will get some variation of this weapon as well? I think that would be cool.

Losing Command
21-07-2014, 03:07
According to a couple reports up in News and Rumors Space Wolves will be getting a flyer with something called a Helfrost Cannon, with its own special rule called 'Helfrost'. Maybe their other units will get some variation of this weapon as well? I think that would be cool.

That does sound promising indeed. Might it even aid units in CC, like lowering an enemy's units Initiative so your wolfs can charge in and mob up survivors ?

Wolf Lord Balrog
21-07-2014, 03:16
That does sound promising indeed. Might it even aid units in CC, like lowering an enemy's units Initiative so your wolfs can charge in and mob up survivors ?

The rules mentioned in the rumor reports seem to indicate something designed for taking out heavy infantry and monstrous creatures with mid-ranged fire (or ice rather :) ).

Sanai
21-07-2014, 04:45
It will be a nice change from all of the heat/fire/lightning based weapons out there (flamers, meltas, Tesla Weapons, etc etc).

Voss
21-07-2014, 05:29
Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I’ve tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

-Robert Frost's Space Wolves (well, Fire and Ice)

gwarsh41
21-07-2014, 14:41
Yeah, looking at that hellfrost cannon, if Space Wolves get other ways to bring variants of it, that would be pretty cool. Helfrost launchers on long fangs or something.

Looks like the wolves might be back to their good old fashion, 1/6 chance for you to die shenanigans. Jaws is gone, but now you can pop an MC with the helfrost gun and hope they roll a 6.

Lord Damocles
21-07-2014, 17:27
Because space Vikings using ice weapons aren't as silly as giant wolves at all...

Vipoid
21-07-2014, 17:43
Because space Vikings using ice weapons aren't as silly as giant wolves at all...

Well, they're obviously less silly than Space Vikings wielding ice weapons while riding giant wolves. ;)

MajorWesJanson
21-07-2014, 19:34
Seems Helfrost weapons it is!

DoctorTom
22-07-2014, 15:37
Well, they're obviously less silly than Space Vikings wielding ice weapons while riding giant wolves. ;)

Or Space Vikings wielding ice weapons while riding giant space wolves, in space. ;)

But yes, it looks like SW will get Helfrost and probably won't get grav weapons.

Gingerwerewolf
22-07-2014, 15:52
Seems Helfrost weapons it is!

You got a sorce on that?

Also, when did you change your Avatar? Its remarkably unfair to do so, as I relied on your old pic when I scanned through threads to see if there was anyone responding worth reading...

Sanai
22-07-2014, 16:20
You got a sorce on that?

The other thread where pictures and rules were posted for the new SW flyer which is armed with Helfrost weapons?

Ironbone
22-07-2014, 19:31
Also, when did you change your Avatar? Its remarkably unfair to do so, as I relied on your old pic when I scanned through threads to see if there was anyone responding worth reading...
Well, avatars change on ocassions. And who's better to ponification with Luigi deathstare than the stare mistress Fluttershy herself :p ? Twilight was more of my taste thou ;).

You got a sorce on that?
Goddamm big front page of White Dwart nr 26. I will be reading it tomorrow :) .

AngryAngel
23-07-2014, 03:37
I am going to go out on a limb, then jump right off and say I forsee frost weapons having the helfrost rule as well. Perhaps as a way to give them extra punch. So that would mean, blood angels have blood/fire stuff, Vanilla marines have Gravity based what nots, Dark Angels have some various old timey wimey items and toys with a penchant for time slowing/stasis and plasma with perhaps just a taste of radiation, then the helfrost space wolves. At least they mix it up somewhat.

Clang
23-07-2014, 03:53
If GW want to sell us SW kits containing the generic tactical squad sprues which happen to have grav weapons, then the fluff will be changed to say that yes of course SW have always had grav weapons.

If GW want to sell us SW kits containing sprues which don't have grav weapons, then the fluff will be changed to say that no of course SW refuse to use grav weapons, "coz no one tells us what to do".

IF GW decide to retool the SW infantry sprues, which isn't impossible, then all bets are off :)

Charistoph
23-07-2014, 04:10
I am going to go out on a limb, then jump right off and say I forsee frost weapons having the helfrost rule as well. Perhaps as a way to give them extra punch. So that would mean, blood angels have blood/fire stuff, Vanilla marines have Gravity based what nots, Dark Angels have some various old timey wimey items and toys with a penchant for time slowing/stasis and plasma with perhaps just a taste of radiation, then the helfrost space wolves. At least they mix it up somewhat.

Hmm, Graviton Maces....

Wolf Lord Balrog
23-07-2014, 05:20
It is possible that Space Wolves could see a re-cut of the Wolf Pack box. The current sprues are 5 years old and have been a solid seller for GW the entire time. A cynical person might even say that part of the point of the Stormclaw box was to clear out old inventory in preparation for introducing new models. That would be exceptionally nasty even for GW, get people to buy a bunch of the old models and then spring replacements 2-3 weeks later. I wouldn't put it past them though.

AngryAngel
23-07-2014, 05:37
I don't see that happening, new space wolf PA models. The kit is solid and as kits go pretty new. Though, I can see them using the Stormclaw to move product. Namely, the new boxes that were out last release, to free some shelf space for the new stock. However, in doing that they also sprinkle out there new starter armies for players. Wanted to start Orks ? Well heres a way to get a new soft cover rule book and start Orks, look a new codex ? Jump right in. Oh, you love marines ? Here's some, and a new rule book, oh and wait, whats that around the corner ? A new space wolf codex, well you already have a solid start to it, why not buy the codex and the new models ?

It's a good idea, and it is there to shift product that already sold well. ( Hence why they can afford actually making it a deal ) but its a deal to hook you, then they land on you new model releases, to coin a fishing term. However, for cost, if they just used the good deals to keep people happy and lure them in more often, I don't think people would complain.

At least that's my theory on the Stormclaw release.

Gingerwerewolf
23-07-2014, 10:58
The Sprues in the Stormclaw boxed set are not Snapped into three individual sprues like they would have to be to fit in the Unit Box.

So these Sprues have been cast up especially for Stormclaw.

Its a loss leader IMO - Cheap Models that get you to buy a new army.

So with the new "Frost" mechanic on the main weapon, people are seeing Special Weapons for them? Interesting!

SirBlackmane
23-07-2014, 15:07
The Sprues in the Stormclaw boxed set are not Snapped into three individual sprues like they would have to be to fit in the Unit Box.

Its a loss leader IMO - Cheap Models that get you to buy a new army.

So with the new "Frost" mechanic on the main weapon, people are seeing Special Weapons for them? Interesting!
I would have to see them, but is it possible that they are using the sprues from the Space Wolf Battleforce? I had 4 Letter paper (A4, I think?) sized sprues of wolfy marines, plus the scout and drop pod sprues.

Charistoph
23-07-2014, 15:13
I would have to see them, but is it possible that they are using the sprues from the Space Wolf Battleforce? I had 4 Letter paper (A4, I think?) sized sprues of wolfy marines, plus the scout and drop pod sprues.

Battleforces use the sprues from the boxes, in my experience, not the snap fits from the starter boxes. The starter sprues will often have both armies represented on most of the sprues.

MajorWesJanson
23-07-2014, 16:21

All sprues start this way, with all the frames attached to one another. Normally, they are split apart to fit in smaller boxes, but the box for Stormclaw is large enough that they didn't bother, as that is time and effort not needed, saving money.

Gingerwerewolf
23-07-2014, 21:23
All sprues start this way, with all the frames attached to one another. Normally, they are split apart to fit in smaller boxes, but the box for Stormclaw is large enough that they didn't bother, as that is time and effort not needed, saving money.

Thats exactly what Im saying.

So earlier when the other posters said, "oh they could be reclaiming the stock from the normal unit boxes", the fact that they are still together means that they have not done this.

MajorWesJanson
23-07-2014, 23:06
Thats exactly what Im saying.

So earlier when the other posters said, "oh they could be reclaiming the stock from the normal unit boxes", the fact that they are still together means that they have not done this.

Right. It's a new print run of the various sprues included. None of which are going to go anywhere, as the oldest sprue in the Stormwolf box is only about 6 years old.