Crossbowmen
SB+m

Flagellants
Prophet

Flagellants
Prophet

Great Cannons

Celestial Hurricanum

so this is a themed army. kind of crazy really. you use the war altar + hurricanum to buff the flaggies

great cannons do damage and entice the enemy to attack

crossbowmen deploy 3 deep and shoot away with 1 WP in each unit to buff them.

all spells are bound spells, and theres lots. early on just 6 dice banishment then later roll for 9-10 bound spells you can cast with 1 dice each

Lord Solar Plexus
20-07-2014, 08:34
Haha, very nice symmetry. I'd totally play that list if I had the models. Not very mobile, and I'd probably try to get both a dispel scroll and some chaff archers in but hey.

GenerationTerrorist
20-07-2014, 15:41
Looks like it would be a fun list to play both with and against.

Kallstrom
20-07-2014, 18:22
I like it. The crazier the better. :)

I would try to squeeze in a level 2 somewhere with a lore that would greatly benefit the Flaggies. Maybe a level 2 Lore of Shadows? Almost every spell in that Lore will help your army tremendously. Wither your opponents, thin out their combat blocks with Pit of Shades, put Okkam's on your Flaggies or just cast Miasma to mess with the enemy.

Edit:
Or if you like to keep within the Holy-theme. Go with Lore of Light (better Banishment for your Altar) or maybe Lore of Heavens? :)

EvanM
21-07-2014, 01:19
a lvl 4 lore of light would be perfect.

the thing that screws this up is that flaggies cant be core and they are wayy too many pts. unbreakable isnt the fricken holy grail anymore. but they are a funny unit!

in other editions, where LD was how you won battles, flaggies were less points and sometimes even got T4 always. so wtf. they got neutered.

also i HATE the war altar but its the only way to bubble hatred into the flaggie units. i started with units of 50 but i dropped 10 in each unit to get the cannons (so you could be defensive by encouraging the enemy to attack)

you dont really need a BSB (SHOCKER) because your whole army is unbreakable (basically, if the crossbows get charged they are boned anyways, rerollable LD2 is not worth 100 pts)

Lord Solar Plexus
21-07-2014, 05:49
I wouldn't say that. They die no faster than Halbs or Spears or Militia. Of course those admittedly die like flies but you do have ranks. Depending on what charges you and how many casualties you managed to cause beforehand, they could well be steadfast for a little while.

Of course, having only two real combat units at this point level is pretty meagre fare, especially when they're frenzied troops with no chaff to block them when you absolutely positively don't want to charge. There's a reason after all why people gravitate towards more balanced builds...the urge to get an L4 and a BSB and chaff and some armour and so on in there is pretty strong, so I wouldn't buy the models just to field this list - but as I said I would play it for kicks if I already had them.

Lord Solar Plexus
21-07-2014, 05:50
I wouldn't say that. They die no faster than Halbs or Spears or Militia. Of course those admittedly die like flies but you do have ranks. Depending on what charges you and how many casualties you managed to cause beforehand, they could well be steadfast for a little while.

Of course, having only two real combat units at this point level is pretty meagre fare, especially when they're frenzied troops with no chaff to block them when you absolutely positively don't want to charge. There's a reason after all why people gravitate towards more balanced builds...the urge to get an L4 and a BSB and chaff and some armour and so on in there is pretty strong, so I wouldn't buy the models just to field this list - but as I said I would play it for kicks if I already had them.