PDA

View Full Version : Flamespyre qu & Valour of Ages

Jabbercrow
21-07-2014, 07:36
Hi all,

I played a game the other day and got confused over the wording of the Flamespyre's roll to resurrect/blow up. In the end, with nothing obvious coming from google searches, we decided to play that you roll at the end of each player's turn. In retrospect, I think I should have played it as the end of a whole turn to be on the safe side, but the glamour of potentially resurrecting the phoenix coloured my judgment a bit. So, I couldn't find clarification and wondered what the Internet consensus was? Do you roll the dice at the end of each player's turn, or just at the end of the game turn?

Second question, which didn't come up in the game, but I became strangely fixated with on the way to work this morning is Valour of Ages. So as I recall, it lets you re-roll panic, fear and terror checks if playing Dark Elves. So I was wondering about when a unit is classed as panicking? Without the rule book with me, and being impatient, would a unit that fled in a previous turn be classed as panicking? Or is it just for when you roll panic checks for entire units in 6' being destroyed/being fled through that you get the re-roll?

Cheers!

ezz
21-07-2014, 10:19
The answer for the first question is on page53 of the High Elf rulebook, under 3-5 Flame Kindled. It says "The Phoenix Reborn counter remains in play - roll again at the end of the next turn (yours or your opponent's)

For number two, I think you may be right.

Josfer
21-07-2014, 10:43
Panic tests (as referred to in the rule valour of ages) are exactly specified as the tests you have to take if a unit loses 25% of its models in one phase or a friendly unit is destroyed or breaks from combat within 6" or flees through the unit as long as it isn't in CC, hasn't made a panic test this phase and isn't fleeing.

Everything that failed its panic test or broke from combat or chose the flee charge reaction is considered "fleeing" until it rallies again during the remaining moves step of the movement phase.

Jabbercrow
21-07-2014, 12:37
Thanks guys! Good news that I didn't misplay the reborn thing then :)

As for Valour of Ages, shame it doesn't work in the way I hoped, but thankfully it didn't come into play the other day.

Cheers!