PDA

View Full Version : 2k Wood Elf List

Adohan
21-07-2014, 15:46
Hey Guys

Looking for thoughts on my 2K wood Elf list, so far won 2 out of 3 games but lost to a high toughness, high armour chariot choas army.

Lord
Spellweaver lvl 4 (High), (Dispell scroll, Iron curse Ideal, Tailsman of Preservation) or ( Crown of command, Tailsman of ... 5+ wards), have been running the first but tempted by the second at the moment

Heros
Branchwrath
Waystaker, bow of loren

Core
12 Glade Guard, Hagbane tips - Waystaker
12 Glade Guard, Hagbane tips, standard, Banner of the internal Flame.
5 Glade Riders, Swiftshards, Champion

Special
5 Wardancer
5 Wardancer
3 War Hawk Riders
20 Wildwood Rangers, CMS, Glemming Pendent - Wizard bunker
5 TreeKin - Branchwrath

Rare
6 Waywatchers
8 Waywatchers

Bigman
26-07-2014, 12:50
According to many the banner and magical arrows don't stack, unless I'm very much mistaken.

Smithpod68
26-07-2014, 14:06
It is my understanding that the arrows are an upgrade to the unit. The standard is a magic item so why would they not stack? Yes I know the arrows are considered magical by their description,but why would they not stack?

Typo
26-07-2014, 15:22
The arrows are considered as from a magical weapon (see exact wording in the WE book, it's too warm here for me to go fetch it), so the BoEF doesn't work with them (see the rulebook for the stock 'Flaming Attacks' rule for the reason why).

Adohan
27-07-2014, 08:00
Well I asked a torderment judge and my local GW staff member and they both said it should work as the banner give the unit a new rule and the arrows then count as magic weapon. Otherwise that banner and the razor bannor do not work with any unit that has attakes that count as magical like trees, and etheral beings.

DeaNos
27-07-2014, 09:49
As far as I'm aware having a razor banner wouldn't make the units attacks magical :s

Gmaleron
27-07-2014, 10:07
Also you can only have x1 of each arrow type because it lists them as "Enchanted Items" which means you can only have x1 of each type. My local GW rep ruled that you can only have x1 of each type because of this as you have to go with Rules As Written so unfortunately your list is illegal, I play Wood Elves and heard it all before trust me.

Adohan
27-07-2014, 10:40
Ok in that case Gmaleron what would you change to deal with fast moving flying regen monsters, swap the standard unit to the Flaming anit evil arrows and remove the standard bearer for an extra guy? As I play a lot of choas with manticore, trolls and chimeras.

daimyo52
30-07-2014, 08:07
All the tournaments in the the UK have ruled that you can have multiples of the same arrow type :)

ps..........Since when did GW staff know the rules :rolleyes:

ewar
30-07-2014, 09:25
Also you can only have x1 of each arrow type because it lists them as "Enchanted Items" which means you can only have x1 of each type. My local GW rep ruled that you can only have x1 of each type because of this as you have to go with Rules As Written so unfortunately your list is illegal, I play Wood Elves and heard it all before trust me.

That makes no sense - by your reasoning only a single model in the unit could have the arrow upgrade if you are following the magic items RAW for enchanted items. This is why any sane person treats them just like a regular unit upgrade and is ruled as such pretty much everywhere I have ever heard of.

Also, flaming banner and magic weapons do not stack, as specified in the FLaming Attacks rule. Razor banner nor BOEF give magic attacks.

Adohan
30-07-2014, 12:59
Yeah, I have read the rule and agree the banner is wasted points on those guys.

I have now read more thread and spoken to more people who all allow have more then one arrow type.

I am tempted in changing one of them to be using star-fire arrows for monster hunting wound T5+ evil creatures on 5+ and ignoring regen. What do people think.

As for my second block should I stay HagBane?