PDA

View Full Version : Lizardmen 2400 points.

Gharnukk
22-07-2014, 20:40
Greetings. Here are my latest Lizardmen list. Trying out some new stuff here. I am pretty happy with it
and I'm only concerned by tha lack of Skink Chiefs. Because I dont want my three Predatory fighter
units to get baited but I just couldn't find the points for them. Thank you for looking :)

Slann; Lord At’nak. 485
- LVL 4
- BSB
- Channeling staff
- Egg of Quango
- Soul of stone
- Becalming cogitations
- Harmonic convergence
- Wandering deliberations

Scar-veteran; Gar-nuk. 145
- Great weapon
- Dawnstone
- Light armour
- Dragonhelmet
- Cold one

Skink priest; Te’quin. 90
- Lvl 1 (Beasts)
-Dispel scroll

30 Saurus warriors. 360
- Full command

10 Skink skirmishers. 70
- Javelin & shield

10 Skink skirmishers. 70
- Javelin & shield

10 Skink skirmishers. 70
- Javelin & shield

10 Skink skirmishers. 70
- Javelin & shield

26 Templeguard. 439
- Full command (Razor standard)

6 Kroxigors. 310
- Ancient

5 Chameleon skinks. 65

5 Chameleon skinks. 65

1 Salamander hunting pack. 80

1 Salamander hunting pack. 80

MOMUS
23-07-2014, 09:54
Nice list :yes:

I think the kroxigors are a waste of points personally. Why egg on the slann?

laribold
23-07-2014, 10:17
I've been considering something similar to be honest, so I approve of your list.

Personally I love the big Krox units. They can really mince through stuff (and the only time they've failed me is a Doom and Darkness + IF Casket of Light + failed Panic off the board!). I'd try and bump up the number to at least 7 so you don't lose combat potency from the first casualty (which you will take).

I'd change the lore on the Skink Priest to Heavens. Having an extra Iceshard Blizzard is excellent and you stand way more chance of casting a 5+ spell than a 10+ spell with you level 1 priest. You might also roll Harmonic Convergence which is great for your combat troops (and cheap) or everyone's favourite... Comet ;)
With 8 sig spells on your Slann you'll never have the spare dice to go for Wyssans on the priest, at least I never have.

I've found Salamanders pretty lacklustre to be honest and would think about dropping one for a flier of some description, as they are so useful.
A skink chief on a terradon makes a nice WM hunter, chaff clearer and Pred Fighter brake and comes in around 90pts so it's almost a direct swap.

And do you need 2 units of Chamo skinks AND 4 units of skinks skirmishers? That's a fair amount of skirmishers that can get in the way of your blocks/each other...

Personally my list scrimps points on the Slann (just taking Lore of Light) and I'm planning to go for two units of Temple Guard, one Saurus brick and the big Krox unit. A wall of lizardy-flesh stretching across the table!

Good luck with your list!

Gharnukk
23-07-2014, 18:09
Nice list :yes:

I think the kroxigors are a waste of points personally. Why egg on the slann?

I think that the Kroxigors could be scary. Four possible strenght 7 attacks is no joke.
I dropped my Ancient Stegadon for the Kroxigors and I think that it will be a good swap :)
And the Egg is for some extra punch from the Temple guard unit.

@laribold
The Skinks and Chameleon skinks have different roles. But my original list had 3 x 12 Skink skirmishers so thats one less unit.
And you are absolutely correct about the lore of Heavens instead on my Skink priest :) Salamanders are great if you ask me
(when they don't chew on their handlers). Especially againt Skaven and Elves who I fight most often. And as I mentioned I
would love to have a couple of Skink Chiefs on Terradons but have no idea where I should find the points...

MOMUS
23-07-2014, 18:12
Hmmm I just think they aren't worth the points, they are ok though.

IIRC the egg is used against enemies in base to base with the user, so can't be used if in TG.

Gharnukk
23-07-2014, 18:19
It says in the book in base contact with the bearer or his unit. No?

Moss
24-07-2014, 00:33
That looks almost identical to my go-to list, with just a few exceptions.

I've never tried the egg; nothing against it personally, I just never cared for one-use items.

I agree laribold about the Lore of Heavens. You're not going to have many dice to go around, so the low casting value of iceshard is nice. Plus, it's a spell that is always useful. Always.

I'm interested to know how the kroxigors work for you. Like I said, your list is almost identical to mine, and that "slot" of points is one that is usually up for grabs for anything in the book (sometimes I'll take terradons and another scar-vet, sometimes I'll use it to try something new).

All in all, I like it (for obvious reasons). I win more often than I lose with my variant of your list, so you should expect to do well with it.

Gharnukk
24-07-2014, 08:11
Yeah I think it will be a fun list to play with. The things I can
think of to shave some points for the Skink Chief are:

1. Drop one unit of Chameleon skinks. Using one unit of 6.
2. Drop one unit of Skink skirmishers. Using three units of 12.
3. Drop the Egg from my Slann.
4. Drop the Razor banner (Maybe for LD banner?).

But I feel that I will miss these things more than one Skink Chief
will bring to the table. What do you guys think?

ewar
24-07-2014, 11:29
I find as a general rule that more units > more magic items.

With the range of spells on your slann you can make up for the loss of razor standard, egg etc whereas a chief on terradon will ALWAYS be useful. He is very fast, can beat up other chaff units and is a credible threat in someone's back line.

Yes, the -3AS is useful against 1+ saves, but honestly if they haven't already been ganked with Searing Doom then you're doing something wrong. Just by dropping the Egg and Razor banner you've saved nearly all the points you need for a chief.

I have tried running 6 Krox many, many times as I really like the look of the models. The problem you will find is that T4 4+ will take quite a few wounds from ranged attacks, then they swing last so might lose another 4-6 wounds and then they have WS3 so only get 50% hits. By the time you've done all that they will almost certainly break from combat.

They are decent against monsters, don't get me wrong, so if you like them go for it, just be aware that their range of effective targets is much narrower than an ancient steg with sharpened horns (who is also stubborn, so can be a decent road block against anything S4 or lower). Plus his horns make him almost certain to kill any monster on the charge... the flip side being that he's more vulnerable to cannons/test or die spells than the Krox.

If it's for 'normal' gaming then the two are fairly interchangeable, but if you're talking tournament style the Ancient is a better all rounder.

Hope that helps!

Gharnukk
24-07-2014, 12:35
Good point ewar :) This list is just for friendly gaming
with my closest buddies. WE, DE and Skaven so there
are lots of shooting going on.

gingerdrew
26-07-2014, 21:37
I like this list, how about dropping the Razor banner for Standard of Dis and slap it on that Slann. Dropping 1 unit of Skinks with the points from banner should give points for a Chief with wings.
I use ripper and fly him back and forth to keep Pred Fighter in check.

Even give him the egg for needed help. Good little unit...

Glen_Savet
27-07-2014, 06:23
I find as a general rule that more units > more magic items.

With the range of spells on your slann you can make up for the loss of razor standard, egg etc whereas a chief on terradon will ALWAYS be useful. He is very fast, can beat up other chaff units and is a credible threat in someone's back line.

Yes, the -3AS is useful against 1+ saves, but honestly if they haven't already been ganked with Searing Doom then you're doing something wrong. Just by dropping the Egg and Razor banner you've saved nearly all the points you need for a chief.

I have tried running 6 Krox many, many times as I really like the look of the models. The problem you will find is that T4 4+ will take quite a few wounds from ranged attacks, then they swing last so might lose another 4-6 wounds and then they have WS3 so only get 50% hits. By the time you've done all that they will almost certainly break from combat.

They are decent against monsters, don't get me wrong, so if you like them go for it, just be aware that their range of effective targets is much narrower than an ancient steg with sharpened horns (who is also stubborn, so can be a decent road block against anything S4 or lower). Plus his horns make him almost certain to kill any monster on the charge... the flip side being that he's more vulnerable to cannons/test or die spells than the Krox.

If it's for 'normal' gaming then the two are fairly interchangeable, but if you're talking tournament style the Ancient is a better all rounder.

Hope that helps!

Stegadons are actually much safer against the initiative tests than Kroxigor due to the magic of combined profiles, but it'll hurt more if they manage to fail.

Gharnukk
27-07-2014, 20:59
I am currently making some changes. Dropped the Razor banner, one unit of Skinks and one unit of Chameleon skinks and the egg too. Changed the Kroxigors for an Ancient Stegadon and added two Skink Chiefs on Terradons :)

Gharnukk
28-07-2014, 19:40
Here are the updated list:

Slann; Lord At’nak. 470
- LVL 4
- BSB (Standard of discipline)
- Channeling staff
- Soul of stone
- Becalming cogitations
- Harmonic convergence
- Wandering deliberations

Scar-veteran; Gar’nuk. 145
- Great weapon
- Dawnstone
- Light armour
- Dragonhelmet
- Cold one

Skink Chief; Xi’za. 94
- Tormentor sword
- Lustrian javelin
- Light armour
- Enchanted shield
- Luckstone
-Terradon

Skink Chief; An’hun. 94
- Warrior bane
- Lustrian javelin
- Light armour
- Charmed shield
- Dragonbane gem
-Terradon

Skink priest; Te’quin. 90
- Lvl 1 (Heavens)
-Dispel scroll

30 Saurus warriors. 360
- Full command

12 Skink skirmishers. 84
- Javelin & shield

12 Skink skirmishers. 84
- Javelin & shield

12 Skink skirmishers. 84
- Javelin & shield

26 Templeguard. 394
- Full command

Ancient Stegadon. 250
- Sharpened horns

6 Chameleon Skinks. 78

1 Salamander hunting pack. 84
- Extra handler

1 Salamander hunting pack. 84
- Extra handler

One thing I might change, drop magic weapons from the Skink chiefs and add flaming banner or banner of swiftness on the Temple guards. Thoughts?