reds8n
23-07-2014, 13:51
note the BL news herein

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Warhammer-Fest-Sunday-Adult

Warhammer Fest

Sunday 12th October 2014
Ricoh Arena, Coventry, UK
FREE car parking adjacent to the venue
Warhammer Fest is a celebration of everything about the worlds of Warhammer and Warhammer 40,000; the miniatures, the backgrounds, the stories and the games. You will encounter fantastic miniatures displays, seminars by our design teams, in-depth demonstrations and inspiring Design Studio displays.

You will also be able to pick up the latest releases from Games Workshop, Forge World and Black Library, including many items available for the first time over the weekend, along with exclusive event only merchandise. With such a wide range of activities, you can plan your day around specific elements, or just enjoy whatever grabs your attention.

Things to See and Do

Golden Demon - On Sunday 12th October, Warhammer Fest will be hosting the 2014 Golden Demon Miniatures Painting Competition, the calendar highlight for miniatures painters throughout the world. If you want to compete and showcase your painting skills, or be a spectator to this extravaganza of miniatures, then order your Sunday ticket today!

Seminars - We will be hosting a series of seminars featuring a panel of experts from Forge World, Black Library and Games Workshop. Each seminar will focus on a specific topic and we will be repeating certain ones each day, so you can choose to attend them when it best suits your plans.

Design Teams - Black Library, Forge World and the Games Workshop Design Studios will all have areas at Warhammer Fest so you can meet the dedicated teams that bring to life the worlds we all love. This is your chance to chat with them and ask any burning questions about Warhammer and Warhammer 40,000, as well as seeing their work up close and personal.

Demo Pods - These dedicated areas are spread throughout the venue and each offers a specific activity such as: painting demonstrations, gaming tactics and a series of presentations covering a range of subjects.

Things to take Home

Black Library - The brand new Horus Heresy book, Death and Defiance will be on sale at Warhammer Fest for the first time anywhere in the world. This anthology collects together five stories set across the battlefields of the Horus Heresy, and includes brand new fiction from Aaron Dembski-Bowden, Nick Kyme, James Swallow, Andy Smillie and Guy Haley.

There will be a range of pre-release titles, event exclusive art prints and more.

Forge World - Visit the popular Forge World sales area for pre-release items, including a brand new book and new models not on release anywhere else; details will be revealed nearer the event. Over the weekend you can also buy from Forge World’s vast range of models and books as well as event only miniatures, t-shirts, hoodies, bags and mugs.

Citadel - You’ll have access to the Games Workshop range at Warhammer Fest, enabling you to add the latest Citadel miniatures, books and other products to your collections.

Art Prints - Admire a gallery of art prints celebrating the stunning visual work of our design teams, with artwork showing detail beyond what you see in our publications. And if there’s something you really like, you’ll be able to buy exclusive prints of many of the pieces over the weekend.

Exclusive Event Merchandise - Get an exclusive memento of your experience with event only products to use in your games and show off to your friends.

If you want to be part of this extravaganza of all things Warhammer and Warhammer 40,000, then get your ticket now as we have strictly limited numbers available for each day.

Full terms and conditions are available here.

DarkChaplain
23-07-2014, 16:43
Let's hope it won't be another event exclusive. I'm sick of those being unattainable except through ebay for a hundred bucks and more.

Now if they'd pre-release Legacies of Betrayal, that I could understand, since its coming out this year it seems and has been teased plenty already, but a new thing which hasn't even been spotted on the radar as far as release dates go? Stinks. Stinks like direct exclusive limited edition stuff.

Darke
23-07-2014, 18:54
Everyone needs to relax: http://www.blacklibrary.com/exclusive-products/death-and-defiance.html

Death and Defiance will be available for the first time at Warhammer Fest (http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Warhammer-Fest-Saturday-Adult), months before it will be available in stores, at the Coventry Ricoh Arena on the 11th and 12th of October. Order your ticket for the event from the Games Workshop Website (http://www.games-workshop.com/).
This anthology will also be available to order from blacklibrary.com the Monday after Warhammer Fest. Set your reminder today, and we'll drop you an email the day it goes on sale.
READ IT BECAUSE:
This anthology contains five exclusive stories from across the battlefields of the Horus Heresy. Each tale ties into one of the major arcs of the series so far: we follow a splinter of the scattered Night Lords Legion towards Ultramar, join a pack of Space Wolves despatched on a mission from the Wolf Lord, and gain a glimpse into the inner motivations of an assassin tasked with the elimination of one of the traitor Primarchs.
THE STORY:
Words alone can no longer convey the horrors of the war that now grips the Imperium. In what should have been an age of enlightenment and glorious triumph, instead warriors from both sides reel from the twin agonies of betrayal and bloodshed; those still fighting on the front lines, and those long forgotten by those they might once have called brother.

DarkChaplain
23-07-2014, 18:57
We got a storepage... without ISBN. Heh.

http://www.blacklibrary.com/exclusive-products/death-and-defiance.html

Death and Defiance will be available for the first time at Warhammer Fest, months before it will be available in stores, at the Coventry Ricoh Arena on the 11th and 12th of October. Order your ticket for the event from the Games Workshop Website.

This anthology will also be available to order from blacklibrary.com the Monday after Warhammer Fest. Set your reminder today, and we'll drop you an email the day it goes on sale.
Read it because:

This anthology contains five exclusive stories from across the battlefields of the Horus Heresy. Each tale ties into one of the major arcs of the series so far: we follow a splinter of the scattered Night Lords Legion towards Ultramar, join a pack of Space Wolves despatched on a mission from the Wolf Lord, and gain a glimpse into the inner motivations of an assassin tasked with the elimination of one of the traitor Primarchs.
The Story:

Words alone can no longer convey the horrors of the war that now grips the Imperium. In what should have been an age of enlightenment and glorious triumph, instead warriors from both sides reel from the twin agonies of betrayal and bloodshed; those still fighting on the front lines, and those long forgotten by those they might once have called brother.

Am I the only one confused with this? They're telling us now, in July, that in October there'll be a pre-release of a hardback direct exclusive of about 130 pages? How is it "months in advance" if you can't even buy it outside of BL's own site, starting the day after the event is over? Are they really refering to the GW store release / sale via the GW online store as "months before it will be available in stores"?

Seems to me like they're, once again, kicking their own butt by artificially delaying it beyond October, then. Trust in GW to find a way to annoy their customers.

Well, at least they are also saying that all the stories therein are new, so that's something positive at least... Let's hope they'll also have an ebook for it upon October 13.

Artwork:
http://www.blacklibrary.com/Images/BL/DD/deathdefiance.jpg

lonelybrick
23-07-2014, 21:35
I can't open that spoiler thing? I think the thing that bugs most about the special, limited and exclusive stuff is it vexes the collector in all of us, if it's almost impossible for us to get to it means we'll be missing something that'd complete our collection. I think GW actually making cool stuff actually excites us all, guess it's just a shame that there's only so much money available to us.

dienekes96
24-07-2014, 03:09
So...which of the short stories is by ADB?

Raga88
24-07-2014, 06:07
So...which of the short stories is by ADB?
He mentioned not long ago an upcoming Sevatar short story so it's surely that one.

DarkChaplain
21-08-2014, 09:51
We got a table of contents now!

IN THIS ANTHOLOGY

Imperfect by Nick Kyme - A simple game of Regicide between Fulgrim and Ferrus Manus is far more than it seems...

Howl of the Hearthworld by Aaron Dembski-Bowden - A Space Wolves pack rails at being sent back to Terra to watch over Rogal Dorn.

A Safe And Shadowed Place by Guy Haley - Seeking refuge, the remnants of the Night Lords fleet stumble across Imperium Secundus.

Virtues of the Sons by Andy Smillie - Amit duels Khârn and Azkaellon faces Lucius as Sanguinius's chosen sons explore the twin aspects of their nature.

Gunsight by James Swallow - An Assassin lurks on board the Vengeful Spirit. His target? Warmaster Horus himself.

Kinda confused that Jim's writing about assassins again. Thought we'd been there in Nemesis already, which ended on a note that the Emperor didn't want any more assassins to be sent after Horus, right?

Unexpected that AD-B is writing Wolves / Fists and Haley gets to write the Night Lords story instead. Not that I mind, not at all.

Kinda interested in seeing the duels between Amit and Khârn and Azkaellon and Lucius. No idea how Lucius got there, though. I mean, last we heard he had left the Emperor's Children fleet and went to Prospero, and met up with Ahriman. Wouldn't surprise me if this went back to pre-Signus, similar to what Templar did.

Spider-pope
21-08-2014, 10:24
Really pleased to see A-D-B writing more wolves. He's one of the people who get that just because the Rout say they are the bee's knees and the most fierce and the Emperors own super duper executioners, doesn't mean that they actually are as fangtastic as they think. Which makes the Space Wolves ten times more interesting under his penmanship.

Raga88
21-08-2014, 14:31
I think the assassin story would be about the death of Eristide Kell.

Tymell
21-08-2014, 15:21
Most of those sound promising to me :) I'm guessing the duels one will be pre-Heresy. ADB writing Wolves/Fists should be good too, I like seeing different authors' takes on the legions. I'm sure there will be the usual cries of "Uhhh! It doesn't advance the plot!!", but some people will probably keep saying that all the way up to the Siege itself :p

The only one that sounds like a dud is Gunsight. It sounds too bland and predictable: sure, technically most HH stories are predictable to some degree since we know a lot of the final outcome, but with the other stories here it sounds like we'll get to learn more about certain characters through their interactions, or see more of certain aspects of the Heresy not yet known that well, like Imperium Secundus. Assassins after Horus already got a full novel, and we already know the mission to kill Horus will fail. If it was another primarch, or maybe in the hands of an author that hadn't done that sort of story yet (no offence to Mr. Swallow, I don't hate his writing, though it doesn't blow me away either), I might be more interested.