PDA

View Full Version : 500 Points Ogre Kingdoms List

Ogres&OrksFTW
28-07-2014, 06:41
I've been playing Warmahordes for more than a year now and as much as I love it I have always been intrigued by the style of Warhammer and how units are in blocks and such. It really feels a lot more realistic by models count. (I don't own any models nor books and I use list creators to make my lists) It might be more confusing and broken :chrome: but I'm willing to give it a try. So without further ado here's the list:

Heroes (134pts)

Firebelly (134pts)
Blessings of the Volcano God, Fear, Fire Breath, Flaming Attacks, Ogre Charge, Stomp
Great Weapon (9pts), Lore of Fire, Wizard Level 1
Magic Items (5pts)
BRB - Potion of Speed (5pts)

Core (240pts)

Gnoblars (50pts)
Beneath Contempt
Gnoblar Trappers (25pts) (*), 10x Gnoblars (25pts)

Ogres (190pts)
Fear, Ogre Charge, Stomp
Bellower (10pts), Champion (10pts), Standard Bearer (10pts)
5x Ogres (160pts)
5x Ironfists (10pts)

Special (129pts)

Leadbelchers (129pts)
Fear, Ogre Charge, Stomp
3x Leadbelchers (129pts)

Don't bother with all the rules and such my army list creator includes those :shifty:
And I'm also thinking that 10 Gnoblar Trappers might be a little useless at 500 points and I should just get a unit of 23 for 500.5 points total (I'll be playing Skaven so more attacks=win)

Ikari
28-07-2014, 21:12
Hi,

I'm afraid your list is not legal. You can only spend 25% points on heroes (125), but your firebelly costs 134. I would give him just an additional hand weapon, leaving him at 122 points. He is still awesome at such small games, since he has breath weapon and fireball (even firecage if you are truly lucky). Besides, you are spending 503 points in total, which is also ilegal. If the game is set at 500 points, then 500 is the limit you have.

Gnoblars... I really don't like them, as most OK players do. They are very weak and unable to do anything. They are too slow compared to ogres so they can't be relied as chaff units. Their shooting is crappy, as their combat abilities. When using them to add combat res thanks to ranks, they end up taking more wounds than the ranks bonus. They only real use is in units of just 10 models, and give em the "trappers" upgrade. Then place them in front of big hordes, let them charge and enjoy yourself.

As for the ogres and leadies, I'd say they are good options. If you want to be really competitive, though, ditch the leadies and add 2 mournfangs with ironfist and heavy armor (140 points). They are really awesome. You'll love em the moment you try them.

So, what about this build?

- Firebelly, additional hand weapon. 122
- 6 ogres, ironfist, musician, banner. 212
- 2 mournfangs, ironfist, heavy armor. 140
- Sabertusk. 21

I removed the great weapon, the potion of speed, the ogre champion, gnoblars and leadies. I added 2 mournfangs, a sabertusk, and another ogre. The reason I suggest this changes is that you want your firebelly in the first rank, so he can use his breath weapon during the shooting fase if needed. Otherwise, he must sit on the second rank, cause the command group has to be in the first rank, so he can't use breath weapon. Also, I added a sabertusk, which are REALLY useful. Just keep him 7" away from your troops to avoid panic tests!

Ogres&OrksFTW
29-07-2014, 02:00
Yeah didn't see that here's a changed list:

Heroes (122pts)

Firebelly (122pts)
Blessings of the Volcano God, Fear, Fire Breath, Flaming Attacks, Ogre Charge, Stomp
Additional Hand Weapon (2pts), Lore of Fire, Wizard Level 1

Core (249pts)

Ogres (249pts)
Fear, Ogre Charge, Stomp
Bellower (10pts)
7x Ogres (224pts)
7x Ironfists (14pts)
Standard Bearer (15pts)
Look-out Gnoblar (5pts) (*)

Special (129pts)

Leadbelchers (129pts)
Fear, Ogre Charge, Stomp
3x Leadbelchers (129pts)

I might take out an Ogre for a Sabretusk if that helps.

Ikari
31-07-2014, 01:38
I might take out an Ogre for a Sabretusk if that helps.
Hell yea, it does! Sabertusks are great chaff units. Cheap and expendable, and yet able to kill very weak support units, like chaos warhounds or ungor riders. Since they are just one model, they are pretty easy to move arround other units. Their only drawback is they can't use general's leadership, so they are vulnerable to panic tests.

Ogres&OrksFTW
01-08-2014, 06:26
Mhm thanks for your input I'll move on from there!

gingerdrew
02-08-2014, 20:20
At 500pts its very hard for Ogres.

I played 500pts games the other day and I played the same list as Ikari said as to be fair is the strongest list. I came up vs Dwarf gun line and let me tell you, I didn't even make it into combat!!! Shot off the board due to low leadership.

I would think of a Bruiser and 3 scouting/immune to psyic maneaters