PDA

View Full Version : 1500 O&G Semi-Competative(ish) - New Player

benation
31-07-2014, 18:37
Hey guys,

I'm new to Fantasy 8th Edition and I'm starting up some Orcs and Goblins. I like the idea of having some solid blocks of Orcs, and I'll probably expand with common goblins. I have all the models in the list except for the rock lobbers. My main aim with the list is just fun, but it would be nice to not get rolled over, or if I'm doing something obviously bad.

Orc Warboss /w shield

Orc Big Boss BSB

Orc Big Boss /w Great Weapon

Orc Big Boss /w Great Weapon

Night Goblin Shaman

23 Orc Big'Uns /w Full Command

29 Orc Boys /w Full Command

29 Orc Boys /w Full Command

20 Night Goblins /w FC + 3 Fanatics

2 Rock Lobbas

total is 1500 Points

russellmoo
01-08-2014, 02:27
You might want to copy and paste your units into the actual post. As those of us on phones and tablets can't read your list as it shows up too small on our small screens. Plus if you have points listed this is against forum rules.

benation
01-08-2014, 11:56
Oh, ok thanks for letting me know, new to the forum. I'll take the post down and repost.

russellmoo
01-08-2014, 16:01
I would trade in the shaman and one of the big bosses for an orc shaman, in fact competitively a lvl 4 orc shaman is probably the better choice for general, however, I understand if you want a warboss because they are just too cool. I think you might do better dropping a block of orc boyz and using the points to increase the size of the night goblins and increase the size of the other two orc units.

Wulfrun
10-08-2014, 14:18
I think the list is just fine, it is a semi competitive non standard list and if this is what you enjoy playing fire away. If not then I would partially agree with russell and say get a lvl 1 or 2 ng shaman and then an orc shaman as well as both laws come in handy and with the little waagh sig spell youll never lose out. Then I would trade in your two lots of 29 orcs for their savage brethren in a group of 35-40, then you still have a readily available bunker but also a much harder hitting unit (especially if you have the points to upgrade them to big'uns). Run your night goblins with bows and play them ten wide two deep at the front to give a wide frontage to get most of his units in your front arc so you have the ability to fear monger him to go around if he would like to avoid your fanatics, or if you roll hand of gork throw the unit at him and watch the carnage. Keeping them in this formation will allow full shots from your bows as well.