PDA

View Full Version : Should my plaue priest and furnace have died in this situation?

SkavenJB
03-08-2014, 18:41
Alright, the game I was playing as skaven vs my friends WOC. My priest was mounted on a plague furnace. His first round he shot at the plague furnace with his hell cannon. he rolled a direct hit and did enough wounds to kill the priest. He said something that made it so both he priest and the furnace died in that situation but I felt it wasn't right. Aren't you supposed to randomize that? Or was he right that both the priest and his mount die?

furrie
03-08-2014, 19:11
he would have hit both the furnace and the priest and he would have to wound both parts. He would have to randomise which "model" is under the hole though.

FatTrucker
03-08-2014, 19:30
Always worth at least sticking the ironcurse icon on a priest on a furnace for just that reason.

He would first have to randomise wether the priest or the furnace takes the hit from the centre hole.
Then roll to wound separately for the priest and the furnace at the relevant strength.
Even with a cannon shot he would still need to roll to wound separately for the Priest and the Furnace as both parts of the model maintain their own wound profile and can exist without the other.

SkavenJB
03-08-2014, 19:42
Do you guys have specific pages in the BRB that helps support this. I always have to be a rule lawyer. Also what would the priest and furnace be considered as for unit type? Just a mounted hero?

FatTrucker
03-08-2014, 20:36
Its unit type is specified as 'unique' and its rules including those for resolving shooting and CC are specified in the Skaven Army Book and FAQ.

Josfer
05-08-2014, 14:45
BRB p. 105 last paragraph "Templates". Stone thrower, randomize who is hit with higher strenght, etc.