PDA

View Full Version : The Curse of Anraheir and ALL terrain

03-08-2014, 21:53
When you cast this spell on a unit and it's in open terrain, does it still take dangerous terrain tests? Is the flat open terrain still terrain for this spell?

MOMUS
03-08-2014, 22:49
Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrerreereerrrrrrrrgggggg ggggggghhhhhhhh

this is one oooooooold of an argument. Some places rule open ground as terrain, some don't. Open ground is listed under types if terrain in the rule book technically but most people play it as not counting. About 50% of events/tournaments rule it as counting.

/thread

Necromancy Black
03-08-2014, 23:00
Despite this question being around since the start of 8th edition, I don't think there's ever been a official answer given.

As said above, open terrain is a type of terrain under the rulebook, so the curse should affect it.

It's actually not too bad though, considering you can just move normally through all terrain and not take dangerous terrain checks.

EvanM
04-08-2014, 03:10
The curse is supposed to be for all terrain, including nice grassy fields. The point is that the spell makes your unit susceptible to damage from moving at all.

Still it's ambiguous as crap.

thesoundofmusica
04-08-2014, 09:37
Its very clear.
Open Terrain is a kind of terrain.
If that was the intent or not I dont really care but its pretty funny how people will challenge anything and then blame GW when they wont come out stating the obvious.

Metacarpi
04-08-2014, 10:39
Its very clear.
Open Terrain is a kind of terrain.
If that was the intent or not I dont really care but its pretty funny how people will challenge anything and then blame GW when they wont come out stating the obvious.

Agreed.

Open terrain is listed as a type of terrain in the BRB, I don't see what the issue is. Take the tests.

Heirube
04-08-2014, 13:31
Despite this question being around since the start of 8th edition, I don't think there's ever been a official answer given.

As said above, open terrain is a type of terrain under the rulebook, so the curse should affect it.

It's actually not too bad though, considering you can just move normally through all terrain and not take dangerous terrain checks.

This. IIRC Dangerous Terrain tests are only taken when Marching, Charging, Fleeing or Pursuing through DT so it's not as crippling as many assume.