PDA

View Full Version : Warriors Tzeentch attribute and miscasts

Dark_Mage99
05-08-2014, 13:59
Attribute: "after resolving the spells effect(s)" you get a power dice for each 6 rolled in casting.

Miscast: "once the effect of the spell has been resolved" roll and likely subtract D6 power dice.

There is nothing to determine which is first.

Is it then up to the controlling player to decide which to do first?

furrie
05-08-2014, 14:18
I believe the lore attribute is part of the spell and as such should go before the miscast. Like with the lore of life, you first get your wound back and then you do the miscast.

Josfer
05-08-2014, 14:31
The lore attribute states "immediately" adding a dice, the miscast doesn't, so the lore attribute goes first in my opinion.

Artinam
05-08-2014, 15:27
Its in the FAQ, your spell effect goes first. You can miscast throne of vines and still use the 2+ save to ignore the miscast granted by the spell.

Dark_Mage99
06-08-2014, 00:25
Its in the FAQ, your spell effect goes first. You can miscast throne of vines and still use the 2+ save to ignore the miscast granted by the spell.

That's different though, because the spell always comes before the miscast.

This particular lore attribute says after all spell effect(s) - which might well imply miscasts too.

Both are after the spell effect, and there's no rule I can find to say which goes first.

Josfer
06-08-2014, 12:33
This particular lore attribute says after all spell effect(s) - which might well imply miscasts too.
I would say the miscast can't be part of the spell's effect(s) as it would otherwise be self referencing.

As said, the lore attribute says "After resolving the spell's effect(s), you IMMEDIATELY add a single power dice to your army's pool for each result of a 6 that was rolled to cast the spell."
The miscast just says "Once the effect of the spell has been resolved, the Wizard now needs to roll 2D6 on the Miscast table to see what happens to him."

So you have three hints that point towards adding the dice before:
-as pointed out above "immediately after" is stronger than "after" time wise
-army book > BRB
-the army book could've included miscast results if it wanted to as the miscast is a more general rule and was known before the more detailed army book was written, the brb probably couldn't include something about getting power dice after the spells effect, because it wasn't known at that time that something like this would even exsist

The last point could be argued in the other direction too, but in this case including "immediately" might be the authors try to do just that.

It's no full prove, but I think a strong weight into one direction.

bigbiggles
06-08-2014, 20:35
I thought all lore attributes were considered part of the spell, and therefore handled before miscasts

Mr_Rose
06-08-2014, 20:41
I thought all lore attributes were considered part of the spell, and therefore handled before miscasts

Yeah, what biggles said. A LA is part of a spell so it happens before the miscast roll. Sucks but there you go.

theunwantedbeing
06-08-2014, 20:43

They are.
It says as much in the section of the rules that explains what a lore attribute is (page 491), this is right before the Spell Lores.