PDA

View Full Version : Vampire Counts 2000pts

Lord_Crull
07-08-2014, 21:24
So after almost four years away from Fantasy I've finally been able to return to Vampire Counts and Warhammer Fantasy in general. Consequently I've missed almost the entirety of 8th Edition along with the new developments to Vampire Counts. Most of my collection is from 7th, so I don't have most of the new models Games Workshop released. So I'm practically relearning the game at this point.

-Vampire Lord
Heavy Armor
Shield
Dragonhelm
Ogre Blade
Talisman of Preservation
Quickblood
Red Fury
Level Three
474pts

-Vampire
Heavy Armor
Quickblood
Book of Arkhan
Sword of Might
Enchanted Shield
189pts

-Necromancer
Dispel Scroll
90pts

-35 Skeletons
Full Command
Banner of Swiftness
220pts

-35 Skeletons
Full Command
Spears
Screaming Banner
230pts

-6 Dire Wolves
Doom Wolf
58pts

-25 Grave Guard
Full Command
Great Weapons
Banner of Barrows
380pts

-5 Hexwraiths
Hellwraith
160pts

-Varghulf
175pts

-2006pts

Blender Lord goes with the first Skeleton unit. Necromancer hides in second skeleton unit as a bunker. Vampire goes with the Grave Guard unit. Everyone except the Varghulf clusters to the General's bubble. A list meant for casual play.

Thoughts? Advice?

woodulikeanother
08-08-2014, 00:20
I like the list, i would drop the hexwraiths for 3 varghiests and if you have pts left over i would get a unit of zombies that you can build up later or add some skeletons to your units

Mondobot
09-08-2014, 16:34
I play against VC a lot. Seems a good list but I think the skellies are too few in number. I would look at dropping a few upgrades from characters to pay for it.

Also you are 6 pts over, so it is not a 2000 pts list. This is a pet peeve of mine - Agree points limit - opponent ignores points limit. The reason is it can make a big difference. that extra point can change what I can fit in the 25% Lords etc, and allow me to make very different choices.

Lord_Crull
09-08-2014, 22:06
I play against VC a lot. Seems a good list but I think the skellies are too few in number. I would look at dropping a few upgrades from characters to pay for it.

Also you are 6 pts over, so it is not a 2000 pts list. This is a pet peeve of mine - Agree points limit - opponent ignores points limit. The reason is it can make a big difference. that extra point can change what I can fit in the 25% Lords etc, and allow me to make very different choices.

Nobody at my club cares about a couple of points over or under a list. We aren't that nitpicky.

PirateRobotNinjaofDeath
12-08-2014, 23:12
Nobody at my club cares about a couple of points over or under a list. We aren't that nitpicky.
Drop the champ on the hexxies and you're back into kosher territory. A 2,000 point game is 2,000 or less. If your friends are okay with this then cool, but officially being over points is cheating. If that hex wraith champion won you a game, for instance, by challenge-tanking a character allowing the rest of the unit to go to town. Restrictions exist for a reason.

Otherwise your units are all much too small. Skeletons should be 40 models or larger. GG should be 35. Drop the varghulf and buy a terrorgheist to deal with the fancy new armoured units the GG can't killing blow.

PirateRobotNinjaofDeath
12-08-2014, 23:14
I also don't like the hero vamp or the extras on the dogs. I think both would be better spent on more and bigger units.

Mannfred
13-08-2014, 15:36
The Cursed Book is a must take item over your Book of Arkhan; all the spells you get beyond Miasma all require 2 dice to dispel even if a Level 4 is try to dispel it therefore 2/3 chances you are actually doing even. Sometimes u could even argue that sacrificing 2 dice is still good but when u get to only sacrifice 1 dice you are winning.

Anyways onto the list;

The second vamp hero is pointless....your spending points more efficiently by taking a second necromancer instead of the vampire; this means u can throw the enchanted shield onto the vamp lord saving u another 10 points. The reason being with a 4+ save and toughness 4 ur vamp can be brought down by vanilla rank and file models, and hence while the extra combat res provided for the grave guard will win u the combat, but losing ur vampire is severe. Grave guard are also big deterrents for characters, so there's not many chances that an opponent will throw in a unit with a character in it into combat with grave guard so what unit u do beat and run down won't be worth very much in points.

Vampires rely heavily on the invocation of nehek spell, so having more casters that can do that spell is more important hence the 2x Lv1 necromancer is sufficient.

Two other must haves is the Corpse Cart and Fell Bats.

Corpse cart to keep wedged between two of your skeleton units so it's quite untouchable to chaff, and enemy units but within 6' so u can cast the level 1 invocation and gain the passive Always Strikes First ability. The Fell Bats u keep in units of 2, keep them behind ur units and jump over infront of your skeletons/grave guard the turn before your about to be charged. This means you will fight your opponents main blocks in your phase allowing for counter charges and flanks. This ability allows u to gang up on ur opponents unit instead of giving them an opportunity to fight 1 on 1 with urs before you get the magic buffs u need. Essentially ur dictating the combats instead of giving ur opponent the initiative.