PDA

View Full Version : Charge, flee, charge flee, complete charge rule

Myster2
11-08-2014, 20:36
I played against an opponent the other day and the following happened.
1) He charged my skink priest with a set of knights, i fled and it bounced through my unit of saurus and came back out on the other side.
2) He then charge the skink priest with another unit on the other side of the saurus, this caused the already fleeing skink priest to bounce back through and now be back in front of the knights.
3) After this was done he was then able to complete the charge with the first unit.

At first this felt very incorrect to me so I looked it up and per the rules I can see no way that this isn't exactly how it is meant to be played since you resolve charge reactions immediately and then resolve all charges after everything has been declared. Thoughts?

theunwantedbeing
11-08-2014, 21:06
Not legal as he's supposed to fully complete each charge before making another.

Heepnose
11-08-2014, 22:19
Nope. Moving the chargers comes last you do not fully complete charge before doing the next. Sounds fine to me.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Mr_Rose
11-08-2014, 22:53
1) He charged my skink priest with a set of knights, i fled and it bounced through my unit of saurus and came back out on the other side.
2) He then charge the skink priest with another unit on the other side of the saurus, this caused the already fleeing skink priest to bounce back through and now be back in front of the knights.
3) After this was done he was then able to complete the charge with the first unit.

At first this felt very incorrect to me so I looked it up and per the rules I can see no way that this isn't exactly how it is meant to be played since you resolve charge reactions immediately and then resolve all charges after everything has been declared. Thoughts?

Perfectly normal result. Several netlists are built around this tactic, even.

Josfer
11-08-2014, 22:55
Perfectly legal. As Heepnose said, you first declare charges and immediately after each charge declaration handle charge reactions and after all have been declared, THEN you roll for charge range. As in the example its target is fleeing he immediately destroys it and can make a Ld check to reform.

SteveW
12-08-2014, 04:56

It was incorrect if he redirected with the original unit. If he did redirect with them he cannot complete a charge against a unit he is not charging(the skink).

thesoundofmusica
12-08-2014, 12:18
Not legal as he's supposed to fully complete each charge before making another.

You are remembering it wrong.