PDA

View Full Version : Reform question

Rasholm
12-08-2014, 18:28
Probably a stupid question, but am I right in assuming that if you lower a unit's movement enough such that double its movement is less than the distance a model moves if the unit reformed and turned 180 degrees cannot infact do that reform?

Josfer
12-08-2014, 19:45
You don't have to lower the units movement for that. Put 60 guys in one rank and it can't turn 90 degrees period.

Masque
13-08-2014, 07:23
If all a unit does for its reform is turn 180 degrees you can rotate each individual model in place (barring command and characters) and thus none will have moved any distance at all.

Rasholm
13-08-2014, 08:25
ok, that was what I was unsure of, so because in the BRB the iullustrations on reform shows a little arrow to indicate where the center is, and that will not be the same if the center is is just the centre of the first rank.

But if th ecentre is the centre of the unit then yes it stays the same.

IF it contains command and characters then you cannot reform correct?

hardyworld
13-08-2014, 16:11
I believe command models and characters get pushed to the front even if their movement wouldn't allow them to (could be wrong). I thought that an FAQ said something along these lines that a character would be allowed to be automatically moved to the front of a unit when they join, even if they don't have remaining movement allowance to do so. I would think the same ruling would apply to command models and characters in this situation (I'm assuming a typical 5x5 rank-and-file reform reforming into any new direction while maintaining the 5x5 rnf....the above mentioned 60x1 unit trying to reform 90 degrees couldn't do so due to movement limitations).

Rasholm
13-08-2014, 20:24
I believe command models and characters get pushed to the front even if their movement wouldn't allow them to (could be wrong). I thought that an FAQ said something along these lines that a character would be allowed to be automatically moved to the front of a unit when they join, even if they don't have remaining movement allowance to do so. I would think the same ruling would apply to command models and characters in this situation (I'm assuming a typical 5x5 rank-and-file reform reforming into any new direction while maintaining the 5x5 rnf....the above mentioned 60x1 unit trying to reform 90 degrees couldn't do so due to movement limitations).

sounds plausible. My only objection would, that if RnF models simply pivot on the spot, and command models and characters are automatically pushed to the front, then when would the stipulation that models are not allowed to move more than twice their movement rate during a maneuvere ever come into effect in a reform?

Josfer
13-08-2014, 21:50
sounds plausible. My only objection would, that if RnF models simply pivot on the spot, and command models and characters are automatically pushed to the front, then when would the stipulation that models are not allowed to move more than twice their movement rate during a maneuvere ever come into effect in a reform?
A reform can be anything like as I said a 90 turn of a 1*60 unit. And I don't mean the models turn, the whole unit turns.