PDA

View Full Version : Is this Daemon prince cheesy? (no, it's not khorne)

bluebugs
22-06-2006, 16:21
Used a daemon last night that went a little something like this;

Mark of tzeench, Dread axe, stature, flight, resilence, rune, CCW, wind of chaos

I know DPs are good, so i decided my thousand sons army could use some CC oomph. I think a 3+ save and 5+ ivulnerable isn't that bad. So the dude killed a vindicator, 2 dreadnaughts, a good handfull of marines, and his HQ (glad i ignore invulnerable). Anyway he made up for his pts plus like 300 more. ( hardley ever shot at it) But the rest of the game he was like "that daemon prince is so cheap! if you didn't have him you'de probably lose...." It kinda pissed me off b/c the rest of my force has to always move is difficult terrain and the one piece that was excelling is "too cheap" - this coming from the guy who brings 3 vindicators, 3 dreads with assult cannons, 3 squads of 5 marines with 1 lascannon and 1 combi-plasma, and 2 landspeeders w/ ass cannons. so guys what do you think? Cheesy daemon prince, or bad sportsman ship on his half?

AmKhaibitu
22-06-2006, 16:31
Hmm, where'd you pluck the invulnerable from? you didn't list aura.

And it's not cheesy, it's just designed for combat.

Grand Master Raziel
22-06-2006, 16:37
It could be worse. DPs tend to get up people's nose, but if your opponent had had a couple good sized squads led by veteran sergeants with power fists, he wouldn't have had too much trouble with that one.

WhiteCounsel
22-06-2006, 16:56
I'd be a bit mad if a single daemon prince killed that much of my stuff, but I don't think I'd call it cheap. You said he hardly ever shot at it... That could be the reason it got into CC with all his stuff in the first place.

BloodiedSword
22-06-2006, 16:57
A quick count puts you at 105 pts of Daemonic Gifts there, not counting the Daemonic Aura you refer to but have no listed.

Better fix that - the only thing that people like to complain about more than a tooled up DP is a tooled up, illegal DP.

Kriegsherr
22-06-2006, 16:59
Well. Demonic stature IS too cheap. About a little less than a third of waht its actually worth, and some other items and demonic gifts also should get pricier as they get better with DS. But this could lead to a neverending disussion so I will stop any Chaos point rant right now.
(Me beeing, besides of orks and SoB, also a long time chaos player who has stopped using DPs about 5 games after he bought his. And has never used any statured lord up to this very day again).

On the other hand, Tousand sons are not like the strongest chaos force out there. And the fact they can't take any weapon options make them a little worse. So well, someone has to do some damage.

But your opponent sounds like a real powergamer. Redundant nastiness from hell. Again, could be worse, but its not what I call "a fun army to play against". And if he wants to powergame, he should stop moaning.

There is only one thing worse than powergamers. Powergamers complaining about powergaming :)

bluebugs
22-06-2006, 17:38
A quick count puts you at 105 pts of Daemonic Gifts there, not counting the Daemonic Aura you refer to but have no listed.

Sorry i did forget to list aura. But he was legal. sorry i was trying to remember what i gave him from memory, but i was a little off. reguardless i did't say a single negative thing about his army and he cursed me for a daemon prince. Bastard.

Skyth
22-06-2006, 23:18
Well, you took something that his army couldn't and won, so it must be cheesy, by definition. Plus, you were playing Chaos. That just makes it even more cheesy.

Sarigar
22-06-2006, 23:21
Couple of points to make:

I'm a little unclear about what Demonic Gifts you gave him. So far, you've listed 105 points and then another 15 point for Aura. If you went over on Demonic Gifts at all, then he'd have a right to complain (see Chaos FAQ if you are uncertain what counts as Demonic Gifts)

Second point is your opponent has some issues allowing so much to be killed. Any reasonable opponent should not allow that much to be killed by a single model, especially one that can be susceptable to combined fire and any reasonable counter assault.

You may always get complaints about Chaos Lords as they are so customizable. It's hard to counter what you can pick and they can be made rock hard. However, this is by design. All armies will have that one thing that folks have a hard time with. In this case, it was your Demon Prince.

Finally, it may be just your opponent. There are always that certain individual who will always find something to complain about.

lord_blackfang
22-06-2006, 23:22
He was calling Thousand Sons cheesy? And wasn't laughed out of the store? :eyebrows:

A whiney *****, nothing more.

Grimtuff
22-06-2006, 23:40
He was calling Thousand Sons cheesy? And wasn't laughed out of the store? :eyebrows:

A whiney *****, nothing more.

Maybe he was playing Kroot Mercs, you know like TS are "cheesy" when compared to his army ;)

If we think like that though EVERY army is cheesy compared to TS :rolleyes:

Jonathan =I=
23-06-2006, 17:05
The only way to make a Demon Prince cheesy is to slap 6+ minor Pyscic powers of Slaanesh onto it.

I really hate the way the word gets thrown around when it should be reserved for pure filth!