PDA

View Full Version : WHFB Summer Campaign Run By Racial Sites

Underway
22-06-2006, 17:00
Check out this site for all of your campaign fun this summer.

http://www.wfbcampaign.net/

This looks to be a fun little side distraction in my summer gaming.

A number of the Race specific fanatsy sites are participating in/ running this campaign. From the elves to the orcs they all seem to be there.

There are quite a few interesting variations in how the campaign works and how you can participate compared to GW run campaigns.

First of all the campaign battle sites have a wiki for fluff. You can add to the story or write your own addition.

If you surround a battle site there are game mechanic differences, thus rewarding those who attempt to use overarching strategies. The battle front changes depending on how many wins, win % and which side is fighting.

You can form a faction. This is a group of up to 5 players. Factions can earn an action based upon their number of wins. This action can then be spent to effect a battle site. There will be faction tracking and presently the administratior is looking at more faction options depending on how popular it is going to be.

It all looks very interesting and worth a gander at the very least.

Here is a link to the map page.

http://www.wfbcampaign.net/c_campaign.php

A link to the campaign instructions

http://www.wfbcampaign.net/viewforum.php?f=8

Take a look and explore. You might enjoy it!!

NakedFisherman
22-06-2006, 18:03
Racial sites...heh.

Almost as classic as the 'How to paint negroes' thread...

Underway
22-06-2006, 18:06
Racial as in Dark elves, High elves, Dwarves, Empire etc...

Sites as in Druchii.net, Asur.org, Bugmans, etc...

Snoozer
22-06-2006, 18:14
Racial sites...heh.

Almost as classic as the 'How to paint negroes' thread...

Yep, that was what I thought when I read the title

Sites as in Druchii.net, Asur.org, Bugmans, etc...

Yep, that was what I realized when I actually read the thread :p

But I'll sure look into that, even if I am fairly certain that I won't be able to join the fun.

:D

WiCkEdRock
22-06-2006, 19:13
Yeah, thought you meant that nazis are hosting the sites for a GW campaign. Had me confused there.

Haven't some site like Druchii.net done this before? How did that turn out?

Underway
22-06-2006, 20:51
There was a campaign between D.net and Asur.org and it worked fairly well. The same core programers decided to pull more people into the mix and went to work with some new ideas and a better battlemap etc...

Looks like fun, I think I will be enjoying the wikki part particularly.

langmann
23-06-2006, 03:44
langmann - Druchiinet webmaster here,

Yeah, thought you meant that nazis are hosting the sites for a GW campaign. Had me confused there.

Heh. Underway might want to fix that. :)

Haven't some site like Druchii.net done this before? How did that turn out?

Yeah we had a civil war after the SoC, between Slaaneshi Druchii and Khainite Druchii. It worked quite well actually. I think Gav T was somewhat titillated (i don't know if that is the right word, but it might be for Gav ;) ).

So anyway he did say to try this with all the fan sites. So I figured why not it cannot hurt. Programmed the campaign and away we go - whole thing is run by a computer.

Also it is set in a far off land in the Old World, where it doesn't matter if one race completely pummels the other into oblivion, unlike the SoC where it would kind of be sad for the Empire if it got wiped out.

Anyhow check it out at www.wfbcampaign.net

Due to start July 1st. There are several options including user designed fluff wiki's, factions with their own actions that influence the game based upon prestige, and of course the old battle report entry.

Should be a fun time for all.

BlazeXI
23-06-2006, 08:21
My first impression was also: KKK into warhammer. Even been picturing Mordheim possesed with it...

Griefbringer
23-06-2006, 08:42

Empire isn't a race, it is a state. ;)

That said, glad to hear that people have the enthusiasm to put together a big internet campaign. Change of pace from the GW ones.