PDA

View Full Version : Unis and fleeing units

King Arthur
15-08-2014, 20:07
My unit of knights charges a shaman who flees through a unit of beastman there is another shaman also in the way. What happens? (I roll high enough to catch the shaman).

Before:[/B--------------------------------------------[B] After
-------------KKKKK----------------------------- ----------------------- KKKKK???

-------------S--S-----------------------------------------------------------S

------GGGGGGGGGGG ------------------------------------------------GGGGGGGGGGG
------GGGGGGGGGGG------------------------------------------------GGGGGGGGGGG
------GGGGGGGGGGG------------------------------------------------ GGGGGGGGGGG
-------GGGGGGGGGGG -----------------------------------------------GGGGGGGGGGG

---------------------------------------------------------------------------S

theunwantedbeing
15-08-2014, 20:19
The original target has fled and cannot be reached, so the charge will fail.
As you didn't re-direct it doesn't matter what other troops you can also reach, if your failed charge move brings you into contact you'll have to stop an inch away.

Josfer
15-08-2014, 22:44
After the flee announcement and move the following happens:
-the non-fleeing shaman and the unit of beastmen have to take a panic check (broke within 6" and fled through)
-the charging unit can redirect its charge if it succeeds in an LD test (and someone is still around to charge)

thesoundofmusica
16-08-2014, 06:03
After the flee announcement and move the following happens:
-the non-fleeing shaman and the unit of beastmen have to take a panic check (broke within 6" and fled through)
-the charging unit can redirect its charge if it succeeds in an LD test (and someone is still around to charge)

A panic test for being fled through is correct. However no panic tests for friendlies broken within 6" was triggered since being broken is only the result of a lost combat and failed break test.

Josfer
17-08-2014, 06:16
Correct, what was I thinking...