PDA

View Full Version : 2400pt Competitive Wood Elf Ultra Avoidance + Light Council

Minigiant
16-08-2014, 11:22
Hello everyone

A friend of mine has asked me to post his 2400pt Wood Elf army list up here that he is preparing to take to an upcoming tournament. My first thoughts on the list is that it is a Super fast avoidance tomb king army; The magic bows, a death wizard and a light council anyway those are my thoughts and we would be more interested in hearing yours

LORD - Spellweaver: 340 Points
General, Level 4 Light, Acorn of the Ages, Elven Steed

LORD - Spellweaver: 240 Points
General, Level 4 Death, Elven Steed

HERO - Spellsinger: 115 Points
Level 1 Light, Elven Steed, Dispel Scroll

HERO - Spellsinger: 90 Points
Level 1 Light, Elven Steed
HERO - Spellsinger: 90 Points
Level 1 Light, Elven Steed

HERO - Glade Captain: 166 Points
BSB, Elven Steed, Shield, Moonstone of the Hidden Ways, Starfire shafts, Dragonhelm
Will go in one of the two bunkers depending on opponent. Lizardmen or Ogres he goes with Death for example

CORE - 5 Glade Riders: 120 Points
Musician, Trueflight Arrows

SPECIAL - 6 Sisters of the Thorn: 191 Points
Musician, Standard Bearer; Lichebone Pennant
General+Light Council bunker

SPECIAL - 5 Sisters of the Thorn: 150 Points
Musician, Standard Bearer
Death bunker

SPECIAL - 6 Wild Riders: 176 Points
SPECIAL - 6 Wild Riders: 176 Points

RARE - Great Eagle: 50 Points

Let us know what you think?

duffybear1988
16-08-2014, 16:46
I think there's too much magic and not enough bows for it to do damage at range. Those 5 units of glade riders might not show up for half the game and if that happens the list is going to suffer as it has only 3 other real threats. Any army with enough shooting will tear those apart, even the sisters will go down if enough is chucked at them.

Has he considered warhawk riders, scouts or waywatchers? Any of those would help I think.

Grupax
16-08-2014, 17:52
I hope he doesn't come up vs tomb kings, 5's to hit with no modifiers will see the list evaporated in no time.

Minigiant
16-08-2014, 18:09
Thank you for your comments. I have just been informed he sent me a previous version of the list so OP has now been updated to the newest list

pinktaco
16-08-2014, 21:45
need anti armour. What are you going to do against those?

Spiney Norman
16-08-2014, 22:27
I think you are in real danger of being wiped out before half your army shows up. You literally have four units of cavalry an eagle and a few squishy characters that start the game on the table. You've spent far too many points on magic, if you want to go light council don't waste points by splicing in death (and I'm skeptical whether a wood elf light council will be worth their points anyway).