PDA

View Full Version : Warriors of Chaos help needed

728thWarhawks
18-08-2014, 07:18
Hey guys I just started working on a WoC army and some help in getting a list together would be rad. I think I've got a solid core to work off (although a unit of 40 marauders led by wulfrik the wanderer would be pretty cool) but I have no idea what to do for my lords and heroes. Looking to do about 2500pts all up and as it stands the list is 1875.
any help on what I could add/change would be awesome.

Core units

15x Chaos Warriors (275pt.)
1x Aspiring Champion (27pt.); Chaos armour; Hand weapon; Mark of Nurgle; Shield;
1x Chaos Warrior (27pt.); Chaos armour; Hand weapon; Mark of Nurgle; Shield; Standard bearer;
13x Chaos Warrior (17pt.); Chaos armour; Hand weapon; Mark of Nurgle; Shield;

24x Chaos Warriors (510pt.)
1x Aspiring Champion (30pt.); Chaos armour; Halberd; Hand weapon; Mark of Nurgle; Shield;
1x Chaos Warrior (30pt.); Chaos armour; Halberd; Hand weapon; Mark of Nurgle; Shield; Standard bearer;
1x Chaos Warrior (30pt.); Chaos armour; Halberd; Hand weapon; Mark of Nurgle; Musician; Shield;
21x Chaos Warrior (20pt.); Chaos armour; Halberd; Hand weapon; Mark of Nurgle; Shield;

5x Chaos Warhound (40pt.)
5x Chaos Warhound (8pt.); Vanguard;

5x Chaos Warhound (40pt.)
5x Chaos Warhound (8pt.); Vanguard;

Special units

5x Chaos Knights (255pt.)
1x Doom Knight (55pt.); Barding; Chaos armour; Ensorcelled weapon; Hand weapon; Mark of Nurgle; Shield;
1x Chaos Knight (55pt.); Barding; Chaos armour; Ensorcelled weapon; Hand weapon; Mark of Nurgle; Shield; Standard bearer;
1x Chaos Knight (55pt.); Barding; Chaos armour; Ensorcelled weapon; Hand weapon; Mark of Nurgle; Musician; Shield;
2x Chaos Knight (45pt.); Barding; Chaos armour; Ensorcelled weapon; Hand weapon; Mark of Nurgle; Shield;

Chimera (275pt.)
Scythes; Flaming Breath; Regenerating Flash;

20x Chosen (480pt.)
1x Chosen Champion (33pt.); Chaos armour; Great weapon; Hand weapon; Mark of Nurgle;
1x Chosen (33pt.); Chaos armour; Great weapon; Hand weapon; Mark of Nurgle; Standard bearer;
18x Chosen (23pt.); Chaos armour; Great weapon; Hand weapon; Mark of Nurgle;

Ossirian
18-08-2014, 08:39
In my experience you should drop the chosen and replace them with some thing to support your warriors.
Your chimera is cannon fodder atm and in serious need of some ld.
You can get 2 gorebeast chariots, 1 for each warrior unit. And with the remaining points take a l1 scroll caddy with shadow for the sword and boarders, miasma or better ensures they win that combat.
I'd take the slaanesh l4 dp for the disruption and then you need a bsb.

I switch out the vanguard on dogs for pooisen as they are more often than not thrown at redirectors or even war machines.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dragosanii12
20-08-2014, 12:01
As a suggestion for your General, you could take a chaos lord with Wargear to taste, if you stuck him in your main warrior block and gave that block the standard of dicipline, they cant use the "Inspiring presence rule" but they still get his Ld wich is now 10 and everyone else still gets to use his Ld with inspiring presence so everyone gets tasty Ld10, (I cant see any reason why this wouldnt work, though if anyone knows different let me know).

to this unit you could also add a BSB for awesome re-rollable Ld10! now thats what i call a Lynchpin

freezepunk
25-08-2014, 18:31
the unit that has this standard can't use the general's leadership, but they'd still be ld9 and any other unit in range will get the ld10 you mentioned

The Koala Bear
26-08-2014, 01:36
If you want to be awesome you can run a daemon Prince of Nurgle, give it flight, chaos armour, scaly skin, charmed shield, sword of striking, soul feeder, spell familiar, and Lvl 4. Then for heroes ull need a bsb and lvl one shadow caster sounds good lik the guy said above. Make sure you take a dispel scroll on him too. Chosen are awesome but too expensive, competitive lists often run a daemon Prince and two chimeras, but you can also run skullcrushers.

728thWarhawks
26-08-2014, 14:49
Thanks heaps for the tips guys.
i like the idea of that daemon prince, but at the same time I just want a solid sorcerer lord who can hold his own in combat. I'm working on a new list that might be a bit better (decided I do want that unit of marauders with wulfrik hahaha) so I'll post that up ASAP.
anyone have any opinions on dragon ogres? I like them as models (I tend to build my armies off what I like to paint) so would like to incorporate them somehow

Dragosanii12
27-08-2014, 11:55
the unit that has this standard can't use the general's leadership, but they'd still be ld9 and any other unit in range will get the ld10 you mentioned

I'm not sure about that, unless this has been FAQed, they cant use his "inspiring prescence" rule but if he's in the unit they dont need to, they just use the highest Ld in the unit wich is now his Ld of 10, plus everyone else (within 12") gets it too, cool eh?

freezepunk
27-08-2014, 12:57
you're right, Dragosanil12, you made me get my book out, haha. gonna go to my list and shave 15 points 'cos i want one too now :)