PDA

View Full Version : 1000 points Dark Elves Cavalry

McBlobbicus
18-08-2014, 14:31
A lot of players in my area have been doing quick 1000 point games lately, so I've decided that's where I'll start off (I'm a beginner with Dark Elves). This is what I'm contemplating going with so far, but otherwise I have no idea if I'm doing it right. Suggestions/critique welcome.

Heroes
Sorceress: lvl 1, Dark Steed - 90 pts
Master: BSB, Cold One, Shield, Sea Dragon Cloak, Sword of Might, Ironcurse Icon - 140 pts

Core
5 Dark Riders: Shields, Repeater Crossbows, Musician - 110 pts <-Sorc here?
5 Dark Riders: Shields, Repeater Crossbows, Musician - 110 pts

Special
9 Cold One Knights: Full Command, Banner of Swiftness - 315 pts <-Master here

Rare
5 Doomfire Warlocks - 125 pts

Total - 1000 pts

jorgepo
19-08-2014, 19:45
1. What lore is your sorceress using?
2. Might as well bump her up to L2 for 35 points.
3. Putting her in a unit of 5 Dark Riders is pointless. The moment they take a single casualty, she won't be entitled to Look Out Sirs.
4. Give the low point game, I'd consider leaving the Sorceress at home. You have the awesome Warlocks for the magic phase and more points for some other stuff.
5a. Give your Master heavy armor too. I'd leave the Sword of Might at home and give him a halberd + Armor of Destiny for a nice 4+ ward save.
-- or --
5b. Take a Master with a Dark Pegasus, Lance, Shield, Heavy Armor, Sea Dragon Cloak, and Cloak of Twilight. Great war machine hunter, single character eliminator, general mayhem.

McBlobbicus
20-08-2014, 04:46
Heroes
Master: Cold One, Heavy Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Halberd, Talisman of Preservation, Ironcurse Icon - 144 pts

Core

Special
9 Cold One Knights: Full Command, Gleaming Penant - 305 pts

Rare

Total - 904 pts

Looking at it, I actually think suggestion 4 and 5 are the best way to go, I'm not sure what to spend 96 points on though. Options I see are shades (if only for the annoyance factor they can bring), harpies, or I could also bulk out the Cold One Knights with more bodies so they can remain at full effectiveness for a little. Although one idea that does come to mind is just taking a Dreadlord over the Master. With the same gear load out he clocks in at 232 points and leaves me 8 points to play with.

Dkrewe
20-08-2014, 04:53
Heroes
Master: Cold One, Heavy Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Halberd, Talisman of Preservation, Ironcurse Icon - 144 pts

Core

Special
9 Cold One Knights: Full Command, Gleaming Penant - 305 pts

Rare

Total - 904 pts

Looking at it, I actually think suggestion 4 and 5 are the best way to go, I'm not sure what to spend 96 points on though. Options I see are shades (if only for the annoyance factor they can bring), harpies, or I could also bulk out the Cold One Knights with more bodies so they can remain at full effectiveness for a little. Although one idea that does come to mind is just taking a Dreadlord over the Master. With the same gear load out he clocks in at 232 points and leaves me 8 points to play with.

Remember that only Death Hags and Masters can be the BSB according to the latest book. You will want that BSB for sure from what I have seen.