PDA

View Full Version : Nurgle Traitor Imperial Guard

Metal Fingered Villain
22-06-2006, 19:48
Hey guys, MFV again here to start up a new log for the traitor imperial guard for the Vancouver Conflict 06 up in Canada. Ive started with a few models and they can be seen here.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/KingKonstad/kasrkin2.jpg
The gasmasks are a bit funny on these as they were the test models but the looks are improving with each model. Here is a WIP shot of some greens stages models.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/KingKonstad/kasrkin4.jpg
And here are the greenstuff stages of one of the first Storm Troopers, I am debating on whether I should add lenses to the gasmask or keep the Kasrkin style lenses. I still have a great deal of work to do on this one such as cleaning and evening out the edges on some of the armor and also adding more armor to the backside and the arms as well as the wire from the hellpistol to the backpack. Should have more pics up tonight or tomarrow.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/KingKonstad/kasrkin1.jpg

Calgar
22-06-2006, 19:55
Jolly good idea :)
Love the look of them and the gas masks.......ace job!!!
Neeeeed........tooooo......seeeeeee.....moooorrrrr e......picssssss, argghh

malika
22-06-2006, 20:25
omg...thats so cool!

freeform
22-06-2006, 20:26
dam, so good

Arcane_Blade
22-06-2006, 20:30
Very nice! the gas masks are a very nice touch! :D
Keep up the good work!
Dan:evilgrin:

Endemion
22-06-2006, 20:41
repect to you for putting in this much sculpting work for a guard army, this must take you forever! Great work - ties in nicely with your death guard

wharris1
22-06-2006, 23:17
I love them,

hell i wish i could sculpt.

Zactar
23-06-2006, 00:30
This I've been looking forward to, since you mentioned it in your DG Blog, which was amazing and this is starting to look just as good, keep it up.

Zac

Easy E
23-06-2006, 00:33
Nice Work! Way more orignal than the normal zombified Guardsmen (although I like that concept too) They seem more like a real fighting force, similar to the Blood Pact. The gas masks help tie them into Nurgle and the old school Deathguard models.

icebergman
23-06-2006, 01:02
Cool conversions!! I like!

L-Train
23-06-2006, 01:08
Those are nice looking... I want to see them painted!

Serpent
23-06-2006, 05:20
Thosee test figs where amazing. I like their low-tech look of the gasmask - just a hood and googly eyes. And the paint scheme is superb.

Serpent

Metal Fingered Villain
23-06-2006, 06:42
Nice Work! Way more orignal than the normal zombified Guardsmen (although I like that concept too) They seem more like a real fighting force, similar to the Blood Pact. The gas masks help tie them into Nurgle and the old school Deathguard models.
YES! Thats exactly what I was going for, I read Traitor General and all the mention of the Sons of Sek and the Blood Pact really got me thinking that Nurgle should have a nice deadly fighting force. I'm using the guard list as well because it is much more solid then the LATD list. Well got my first game in with these guys tonight and it was quite fun. Played a scenario out of the Medusa campaign book and I have to say, playing with strategems is a lot of fun, up until I lost 2 entire heavy weapon squads to a preleminary bombardment.... Anyways, work continues, should have pictures up tomarrow of the traitors as well as some deathguard. Progress on the deathguard has been a bit jumpy, we are scrapping a lot of the models you guys saw because of complications. Expect to hear more in the next couple days.

Lacerta
23-06-2006, 07:12
Well got my first game in with these guys tonight and it was quite fun. Played a scenario out of the Medusa campaign book and I have to say, playing with strategems is a lot of fun, up until I lost 2 entire heavy weapon squads to a preleminary bombardment (Did we do that?:angel: ).... Anyways, work continues, should have pictures up tomarrow of the traitors as well as some deathguard. Progress on the deathguard has been a bit jumpy, we are scrapping a lot of the models you guys saw because of complications. Expect to hear more in the next couple days.
That was a pretty cool game, the strategems really influenced the outcome I think. Those fig conversions were cool! Plus your nearly complete Baneblade (which I thought was part of the army...:p ) was incredible! I don't wanna know how long it took you to make those tank treads. Your force should strike fear into your enemies in Vancouver:eek: .
Three words describe tonite's game...Feel No Pain!

Still learning
23-06-2006, 08:22
FFS those gas masks are out standing.

HiredSword.
23-06-2006, 12:25
love those guard models, tie in really nicely with the rest of your force.

I really like the stormtrooper, i thought the old style stormtroopers with rebreathers might be useful if your stuck for inspiration.

firestorm40k
23-06-2006, 17:47
Oh

my

GOD!!!

:eek:

These are outstanding, on a par with your near-definitive Death Guard.

Outstanding job, well done! :cool:

Scorpio
23-06-2006, 18:28
Looking really good man!!! I WANT MORE!!!!!;)

-Scorpio

Aquilla
23-06-2006, 18:53
Brilliant!
A nurgle version of blood pact, how fun!

Gloryseeker
23-06-2006, 23:24
Those are some really cool guardsmen. You can tell that your getting better with making the gas masks and the storm trooper look very uber (i woulden't like to meet him on a dark night).

We need more pics NOW. You know you want to. :p

Metal Fingered Villain
28-06-2006, 05:25
Almost done with the first 10 traitors, just gotta finish the nmm, do the gloves and the highlights on the fatigues. I've almost finished the Russ as well, just gotta do the metallics and the turret and then pick out the details.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/KingKonstad/P1010044.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/KingKonstad/P1010043.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/KingKonstad/P1010042.jpg

HiredSword.
28-06-2006, 09:35
again, just wow :D

spongebob103
28-06-2006, 09:49
Let it be known, these arekick ass!

How do you paint in that style if you dont mind sharing:D?

colhodg
28-06-2006, 10:11
These are really excellent - great theme and excecution, looking forward to some pics of the painted storm trooper which i think looks particularly well done.

I'm trying to avoid saying anything about the mould lines on the russ - i'm just as guilty and the painting is v nice. For some reason i'm picturing that russ with a defiler turret instead of the normal one, any plans?

Brush your teeth
28-06-2006, 11:03
those are looking sweet. keep up the good work

CaputMortuum
28-06-2006, 11:34
For the "love" of Papa Nurgle, those are awesome!
I really like your style - not overly complicated, but that's probably why you got so much work done. Anyways, it's a very ambitious project.

Keep it up, we want to see more of these repugnant (in a best way) troopers.

caput

The boyz
28-06-2006, 12:01
Those are some very nice looking Traitor Imperial Guard MFV, I love them. Great conversion work as well especially on the greenstuffing. The gas masks and exposed guts look fantastic. Great paint job as well. I love the streaky paint job on the Leman Russ, makes the armour on the tank look diseased and rotten. Looking forward to seeing more updates.

Metal Fingered Villain
28-06-2006, 19:03
I'm trying to avoid saying anything about the mould lines on the russ
Yes I noticed it too when I was posting the pictures, it has since been cleaned up. I still need to finish the nmm on all the guns and the final highlights but yea, this scheme is extremely simple to do but yields highly favourable results in my opinion. Anyways the Russ is almost done, started working on it this morning, I just gotta finisht the last couple highlights on the otherside and then do the turret. Then its on to the other 70 traitors and the 9 heavy weapons and the other russ and gah....too much work. Also a lot of sculpting left to do on the deathguard before august 19th. I'm going to go crazy rather soon.

Arcane_Blade
28-06-2006, 21:47
Lol, I would go crazy too with that much to do! Very nice models. I think your sculpting has improved since the start. Your painting is very nice, by the way. Keep up the excellent work!:D
Dan:evilgrin:

Red Skullz
28-06-2006, 22:14
Cool stuff (as usual :p ) MFV. I like the blue lenses a lot more than the red ones (they did suck imo).

So when will you show us any of your OK stuff ya busy workaholic ;)

The Judge
30-06-2006, 20:03
Looking wicked to me... more pics!